Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AnoHito, what do you propose should be the spoiler policy? Warnings before spoilers? Business as usual? No headbutts?

I can probably answer many questions about future content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Toalpaz posted:

I'm unreasonably excited and happy about that PV being released. I'm really tempted to read the VN now that people have mentioned it's actually different than the show, but probably not until after the second season is done now that I know it's happening in the future for sure.
You mean WN right? Because that (all of Arc 4) is completely translated and online. I read the whole thing two years ago and I thought it was the best novel I've read in years.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The OP should add in a list of goons who know LN/WN poo poo, to the OP. Like a conclave.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ActionZero posted:

I haven't finished season 1 yet so this might be completely obvious to those that have, but is that loving Petelgeuse!?
LN Spoilers: Yes he was sane once. He knew Emilia too.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 25, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

I was about to write about remembering a truck being involved too, when I realized I was thinking of Konosuba and Kazu’s ignominious death at the hands of his own bad karma.
Except that was a Tractor and he more died of shock than get run over. Like a bitch.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can we discuss Isekai Quartet in here or will it need its own thread?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You're in the wrong thread Ytlaya.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edit: I should not imply poo poo without spoiler tags.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 30, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sorry. I should not imply poo poo without spoiler tags. That wasn't clear to me.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Just exile yourself from the thread to save everyone the trouble and yourself the temptation, thanks
Yessir

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Nevermind*

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Late Happy Birthday to Natsuki Subaru!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Subs are out for the Memory Snow OVA! As such, we can now discuss this!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm sure that Re Zero will live up to it's name as the Evangelion of Isekai, soon enough. Are we in agreement?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

honkykong posted:

Just finished rewatching S1 on crustybun and it's just as good as I remember. However unless my memory is failing me (I watched it when it originally aired), did the very end of the last episode cut something out? I thought it ended with who's Rem? but it wasn't there this time around...
White Fox chickened out five seconds before the thing was asked. It will be the first scene of season 2.
That or Rem's unexpected encounter

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Don't we have a Muv Luv thread somewhere? I feel like posting clips from the memory snow OVA.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RE ZERO FALL UPDATE

1. Here's the key visual for the new Bonds of Ice OVA:

2. Here's the Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLFUEr2NV7I

3. There are rumors that Season 2 may come out as early as January 2020!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Toalpaz posted:

:pusheen:

thank you for good tidings on this hallowed day
Right back at ya ZERO-DA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIzATxcfyUE

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hogama posted:

S2 in April, S1 re-airs starting in January with an additional epilogue after the final episode.
:getin:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

24 episodes entirely of arc 4 btw.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MOTHERFUCKERS

IT IS TIME

TO START

FROM ZERO AGAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNy8mjWxrLE

Every wednesday, a 45-minute episode will air of Re:Zero Season 1. Two episodes back-to-back to be precise.

By the end of March, we will have caught up to the entirety of season 1. And then,

We Commence Season 2

This will be a director's cut. New poo poo has been added in, new content and new animation.

I want to catalogue all the changes this new edition brings to season 1.

Who's with me?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 1, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

When are the Director's Cut episodes airing.
First one is airing in Japan in six hours. Will be subbed on Crunchyroll.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

nielsm posted:

So, any comparisons between original and director's cut ep 1 yet?
From Reddit:

15:30 - Silver Haired Half-Elf stares for an extra second or two.
22:20 - Slightly longer held shot on the Sun.
25:00 - Slightly longer held shots on Subaru's face.
Ending theme is drawn out and extended to the full length song.

Nothing big yet (this is the opening act after all). Once we hit either arc 2 or 3 I'd expect new scenes to start popping up.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Time for episode 2! Rem and Ram debut next week.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

cergos posted:

Do we actually have any idea which scenes will be potentially added (starting ep 8 I believe)?
Hmm. I forget what was left out in arc 2, but from arc 3 I remember:

o Rem feigning her death after the whale is slain, leading to a confession under the flugel tree. I doubt this considering arc 4.
o Puck revealing to Juice while freezing him that he was made by Echidna.
o Subaru seeking Beatrice's help before the last fight with Betelgeuse.
o It's been 3 years I'll try and think of what else.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like Subaru's behavior is actually pretty well explained.

My controversial Re:Zero opinion is that Rem is actually pretty lame. She's not bad or anything, but the fanbase seems to think she's the most amazing thing ever for some reason. Emilia is also pretty lame for the first three arcs, but is still more interesting on the whole than Rem (though Emilia is even worse than Rem as a romance, even if she's pretty good as a character). Both romances are pretty bad, with the romance angles being the only aspect of this series I really dislike (it's the only aspect where Re:Zero kinda gets into "typical isekai/anime" territory).

Most of the rest of the cast is good.
You're really gonna like season 2 then. :lewis:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Conspiratiorist posted:

I like Subaru, warts and all. He's by no means a perfect person, but he's a good kid at heart and the story is all about him confronting his mistakes and growing from them. Return By Death is even the ultimate guilt plot device - every time a loop closes, he alone knows he could've done better. While everyone praises him as a hero, he alone knows that not only did he cheat, but that things could've turned out better had he tried harder.

I think the romances are pretty believable in how straightforward they are. To me it feels that media has sort of conditioned audiences in regards to their expectations of what a good romance looks like, which is mainly tied to inter-character chemistry, when the truth is that people are irrational creatures that get together sometimes just because, and bonds build from there through shared experience.

Subaru develops an instant-crush on Emilia because she's a cutie that's totally his type, who helps him out when he's lost all alone, and the stresses of their situation turns it into a near obsession before he actually tries to address her as a person, and by then he's committed.

Rem has her entire world absolutely rocked by this mysterious stranger, who she knows only accidentally managed to reach through to her and allow her to start unpacking a decade of pent up guilt, and she's smart and perceptive enough to know he's got his issues, but she doesn't care. You could argue that hero worship isn't a good or healthy starting point for a romance (and Subaru would agree), but Rem really doesn't care. She's going for it. Subaru's response is rejection, and even then she doesn't care. She's overwhelming.

And for Emilia, she's young and Subaru is essentially the only boy her age in her life, who is nice to her and she finds fun and clever and courageous (if foolhardy), but even then she only very hesitantly considers returning his obvious affections - not because she dislikes him, but because of her circumstances combined being understandably wary of his and the effect she feels she has on him.
:goodshit:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 14, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

This is my beef with Rem and her relationship. This sort of one-sided devotion isn't healthy and typically ends poorly for everyone involved.

Also it reminds me too much of the 'unwanted harem' setup that I am thoroughly sick of after experiencing Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo! and Love Hina.
And yet she is currently one of the most beloved waifus of the late Heisei era! Those rabid fans burned down a NTR artist's home for fucks sake!
Suffice to say, I'm going to enjoooooy all the enooooormous salt and ruuuuude awakening from those goons when the new season kicks off. :kheldragar:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Conspiratiorist posted:

It does lead to a relatable ongoing relationship conflict between Emilia and Subaru that's realistically impossible to resolve.
Do you think that can get fixed after Rem comes back whenever arc 6 ends? They have to advance their relationship somehow.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: oh yeah almost forgot the actual reason I came in here -- are there any major changes in episode 4?
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/esdkrh/rezero_starting_life_in_another_world_directors/ff9duew/?context=3

Mostly shot edits. Changes should pick up in episode 6.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Episode 5 changes: A completely new version of Styx Helix plays as the Ending Theme.

Also Emilia and Megumin talked to each other this week in Quartet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

So how is the new season of Quartet?
Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9oko2Ec7vM

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

How much do the new additions matter? I was familiar with the four original IPs in Quartet but I never watched any of the ones added at the end of the season.
Not much. They barely appear in the season.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Awesome; they are chonologically in-between arcs 2 and 3. Then the real uncut season 1 will show up.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5AR028iwc

MY BRAIN TREMBLES!! :eyepop:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Everyone however should go watch Memory Snow, as I just did.

It's cute, it's fluffy, it gives us a glimpse of Emilia's character, and has subtle foreshadowing for arcs 3 and 4.

And is highly gifable.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

where the red fern gropes posted:

i thought memory snow had a mayonnaise scene but all i saw was mayonnaise in the bath? was that it?
Yeah the Mayo trailer was a fake semi-april fools spoof.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Episode 7 changes: FINALLY SOME NEW CONTENT :siren:

From Reddit:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero Week 8 (Episodes 14+15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TbF5m5KpU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero Week 9 (Episodes 16+17): Tarantino's Favorite Feet and WHO IS REM?

(Bonus Art)