Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Even just having one cour gap after that bombshell is intolerable, I can't imagine how terrible it would have been to sit on that for three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I don't see any reason to believe Subaru is not Pride. I mean we still have no idea why he isakai-ed in the first place, he has a crazy power, everyone keeps identifying him as a witch cult member, and his whole character arc revolved around him being prideful.

Subaru could just be very lucky, where possibly the witch usually converts people instantly into being devotees, but Pride seems like a unique flaw that might make one immune to any kind of subconscious influence.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Made it sound like she might be an archbishop herself.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The real question in a new arc is how far back will he have to go.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Were the other witches ever coded as bad, or just Envy?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I'm wondering if there's a twist coming that all the witches were actually good, but women with power = bad and the real antagonist has yet to be seen. That list Envy rattled off wasn't exactly a laundry list of evil, but she still referred to herself as doing evil things, so I don't think it was revisionist.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Yak of Wrath posted:

On this episode given Beatrice's demeanor I interpreted it as she was acting on conditions of past contracts she'd made. Considering that when she made a contract with Suburu she ended up exploding her house, she wouldn't appear well versed in the finer points of contract bargaining.

She seemed more detached and much less emotional when it was a contract.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Very interested to see if the twist is going to be the witch isn't evil at all and it's actually the council of old men who suck or the witch is a gaslighting, negging sociopath.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

AnoHito posted:

I don't get it, why does everyone think Typhon is evil? She didn't actually hurt Barusu at all. So far, the most "evil" witch is Daphne, and even she wasn't completely terrible.

We have no reason to believe she didn't perform these exact same 'tests' when she was alive in locations where the person she was testing wasn't in a pocket dimention between life and death where their real body wasn't being shattered into pieces. If she was just walking around a city doing that I think she'd get quite the reputation.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Honestly learning that Betty is also shadow leads me to believe that, due to Subaru's spirit affinity, once this arc is wrapped up and he says the correct thing to her she's going to change form and give him a power boost. I like Subaru being weak but shifting the power dynamic a touch might open up the story.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Unsettling.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Yak of Wrath posted:

I see it as Genuinely liking Suburu is a completely separate matter from not understanding his suffering as bad, because he can learn and experience what no-one else can via "Return by Death" ISN'T THAT AMAZING?

She's an audience insert for everyone that said things like "well, why not spend a year learning magic, killing yourself every night so you reset time?"

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Yes, there was one very early reset where he fought back and did ok until he got stabbed and they ran off.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Woe to you, second pretty girl to be nice to him. You were too late.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I highly doubt they'll wipe this level of character progression/first kiss

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I think the point was acknowledging that he does see her faults and loves her anyway, not just putting her on a pedestal like she feared he was ever since the day they went to the capitol and she said 'the version of me in your head must be really great' or something to that effect.

Subaru is constantly buffing everyone around him, I don't think you can really read him as negging her in the scene unless you completely forget who he is as a character.

E: this is a royal you, I'm not attacking you or saying you don't understand the characters

Yawgmoft fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 20, 2021

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
This witch seems like they're so powerful they'd be impossible to defeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The witch of envy killed all the other witches, right? Could just be that.