Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think it's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol at Pandora basically have the same power as Featherine from Umineko.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think most of the terminology is clearer in the LNs where Subaru can either ruminate on a given term for a hot second or even ask for clarification, something that gets lost at times with the show adaption. I didn't understand the "apostles of Greed" in the first half of S2 but having just gone through the books equivalent to that part it wasn't complicated at all, it just wasn't described very well.

Forgetting Regulus is funny just because he's literally the conflict that kicks off the entire season.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Was Hector voiced by Shinichiro Miki? Certainly sounded like him.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Garfiel being so impressed with Subaru's own chuuni phrases was a good bit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm glad Emilia gets to be a character who does stuff now

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

LostRook posted:

If you just want to read from where the anime ended start at volume 16.

I'd recommend starting in volume 4 though, which is the start of arc 3 which is where the anime started having to really make cuts. Two or three major plot lines were completely dropped from that arc, as well as a lot of smaller things.

And while this episode was completely positive, just like season one it's only because a lot of the plot hooks were dropped to make for a feel good finale.
I started reading the LNs near the start of season 2 and while I don't doubt that there were cuts once I caught up I couldn't tell you what any of them were, the LNs just seemed more detailed and a hell of a lot slower paced.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
First book of arc 6 just arrived in the mail so IMO I think it'd be good for them to sit on it a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This arc is better on paper than it is in execution IMO but there are still some moments and developments that I'm looking forward to a lot.