Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

One of the web novel's interlude chapters has a paragraph on why people might consider Minerva harmful, if anyone's curious:

Every time she heals someone, she draws enormous power from a global mana source, and the resulting deficit indirectly affects other parts of the world in the form of natural disasters and whatnot, so she basically kills as many people as she saves. Hence "evil".

Dunno if they'll get around to this exposition in the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

This stood out to me actually, that she used the same honorific that Emilia uses and then Subaru freaking out later when he wakes up next to Emilia again.

Hmmm? It's always Rem who uses "Subaru-kun". Emilia simply says "Subaru" without honorific.

I wonder how people subtitle this sanely without resorting to honorifics.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

That speech presentation was pretty impressive in text too...

Got Nishio Ishin vibes.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

The anime is cutting a bunch of foreshadowing scenes, though, so it'd be a bit of a waste (and possibly confusing) if you jump into the middle of the LN series.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Yeah, I'd advise avoiding the web novel version. It's bloated as gently caress. Think they may have edited the LN down to like 60-70% text for arc 4, and it really needed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Hogama posted:

In order of speakers as confirmed by voice actors in the credits (from their first words, because there's overlapping voices):
2. Subaru (angrily/mockingly): "You're a hero. A hero is all you can be."
Reinhard: "I..."
Subaru: "Thanks for the help!"

This is exactly what Puck told Reinhard in Subaru's second trial where he saw all the alternate post-death universes back in s2e12.
Not sure what the significance of that is.