Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Been holding off with the director cut until they had more eps out. From which ep are the important changes/additions starting to show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Looking forward to Subs running into the new bishops. Curious to see how they interpret his witch-stank. Sloth was certain he was Pride. That's a very peculiar "mistake" to make. Putting that in quotes because I'm not certain of anything at all at this point.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Julias posted:

you have had a really bad track record of not being able to control yourself

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

How did Crusch get her arm back?

Probably similar to how Felix survived getting nearly gibbed by the point blank bomb in that other failed timeline.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

And who made that? :colbert:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The lil' witch inside all of us.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Lol @ literally walking away from someone who could clue you in on what the gently caress is going on.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So anyone taking bets on where he veered off into the guaranteed dead end path this time? I'm with "derped at the witch" because that bit seems fully underutilised.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Well they all have names that suggest they're terrible people so until further development these magic ladies get no sympathy from me. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What have you got against small spiny anteaters?

Yeah you're right I guess I was thinking of their titles. Idk why I mixed titles with names!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Dzhay posted:

Well, Echidna seemed to think they weren't so bad, but she's hardly an unbiased source.

Being trapped in the winxp desktop for countless years can change a person. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Jon Joe posted:

This episode was good but felt super short

After the dc of previous season they all do.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah the potential implications of him letting it happen are interesting. Straight through his anger Subaru asked the correct questions. Emilia is very important and Subaru a recent player in the field. He came rolling in at the most convenient of moments and is laced with a mystery witch curse and no apparent traits. Why would he (roswaal) entrust his future to this uncertain factor? Clairvoyance? Mind reading? Tons of options here.

I'm beginning to think that Crusch's faction may be the closest we have to a legit good guy/gal group. And that's still unlikely as there's plenty unknown.

Toalpaz posted:

This should be fairly easy to understand because it's not morally complex.

I sincerely doubt people had problems grasping at least THAT much.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Tabletops posted:

Roswaal is I think a giant loving idiot. Like if Subaru didn't essentially have to ability to time travel every decision he's made would have been actually the worst possible one.

Alternatively if Subs didn't come along Roswaal would've done something else entirely.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Keep in mind that speculation does not immediately equal the desire to be spoilt!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

:geno: Christ, Grouchio. Please don't do this after the other episodes air.

He couldn't wait to see where the story was going, which I can totally get, so he'd go read ahead. But now he also wants to talk shop with those who didn't. Which isn't easily gonna work! Can't have your novel cake and eat your anime too!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The fact she cries out for Subaru while saying she's sorry whenever she wakes from the trial makes me think it has something to do with the last plot arc.

Assuming the trial works the same for all participants, odds are she's reliving something from way before Subaru showed up.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Maxwell Adams posted:

Here are some things that I'm putting together:

Echidna saw Earth in Subaru's memories, didn't seem surprised by it.
You need to be mixed blood to take the trial, but the barrier only holds you back if you're half-blood.
Subaru can take the trial, but he isn't held back by the barrier.
When Subaru was taking the trial, the vision of his mother said something like, "You're only half your father, so you only need to be half as cool as him. The rest of you can just be Subaru".
Subaru had his gate sealed off when he was very young, and always had natural spellcasting abilities.

Idk man you're kinda off. He was given permission to enter the trials and its impossible to be 100% your dad unless subaru somehow was spawned through asexual reproduction. Like a germ! :buddy:

Thing I'm more curious about is Ros proclaiming to be Subaru's ally. It can easily be a technically correct answer.

"Yes Im your ally. Because we're both from the cult oooOOoO :ghost:"

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Elephant Parade posted:

idk, it's possible that without being woken up by subaru, emilia got so hosed up the witch was able to take her over, and subaru spilling the beans had little or nothing to do with it. this is our first time seeing what happens when subaru doesn't wake emilia up (and only the aftermath, at that) so it's hard to say.

also if subaru hadn't told echidna he probably would've fully broken down, so it's not like she had much choice

Alternatively: when he normally tries to talk about return by death he immediately gets halted and if he presses on the curse immediately begins to murder.

Just how many times did he confess to Echidna without anyone being able to silence him? He may have supercharged the spell effect. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Daphne probably doesn't even mind. She'd consider it balanced/fair.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

AnoHito posted:

I don't get it, why does everyone think Typhon is evil? She didn't actually hurt Barusu at all. So far, the most "evil" witch is Daphne, and even she wasn't completely terrible.

I would also like to point out that, so far in the story, Satella hasn't actually done anything other than make Barusu functionally immortal. Most everything else about her has been second/third hand stories from people that already hate her and everything she stands for.

Satella literally strong armed Subaru into a situation where he'd constantly be in harm's way, and wired her "gift" to kill anyone who learned about it.

Typhon seems quick to judge without a care. Also the show literally showcases that emotional damage is a thing and he is clearly distressed at getting shattered and she didn't even blink at it. That's worrying, bare mininum.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Clarste posted:

If he just walked away he could easily live in peace.

Everything suggests the entire world is filled with things he can't handle. He's also stands out to anyone who can pick up on aura's. Nothing suggests he'd be safe.

And again: "don't tell or I kill the witnesses" is pretty drat terrible.

VVVV :hmmyes:

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 7, 2020

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

Even if she did, he still retained damage after dying to the great rabbit unless he somehow escaped from the rabbits.

He had one death this episode. Just one. And it was all the way at the end, after the credits. Beats threw him back to the forest, and he didn't go down with Ros. He went back to Emilia and bled out.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

This episode also has potential implications some other things. Such as

Ram's hidden motive/raison d'etre. She was surprised but NOT unhappy regarding how things ended.
What motivated the maids to kill Subbs way back then. Could've easily been instigated by the employer

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So just train in all the timelines. :smug:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I can imagine current world events throws a wrench in everything. Oh well, we'll just have to deal.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Decent chance the next ep will get me to get the books.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Her reasoning is so alien he'd have to constantly fear/scrutinize any advice given.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

His capacity to not ask the important questions while standing in front of massive libraries of knowledge is without peer. I'm sure it makes sense in-universe, but the point stands.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Good episode with all sorts of things to wonder about. Interesting comments regarding mean looking eyes. Feel like that couldn't have been brought up for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I don't think we know anything regarding the source of Geuse's longevity. It could come from the authority, sure, but this world is filled with supernatural blessings, curses, artifacts, latent abilities and spells. For the time being it could come anything.

e: man, him perma bricking his gate just to deliver a single uppercut is kinda wonky. It's also 100% something he'd do, tho.