Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

piratepilates posted:

I don't think it was even possible for him to make weight in this division. he's basically cheating

Which makes the fact he is STILL struggling against Peterson who isn't really doing much of anything all the more galling.

I imagine he'd be demolished at a higher weight division and thought he could come down and dominate here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
love to just stand up and eat a flush head kick

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

piratepilates posted:

I don't think it was even possible for him to make weight in this division. he's basically cheating

Yea I think it's bullshit but I dunno what they could do about it. Weightcutting blows.

awesomeolion posted:

Peterson fights like it's not his main calling in life

lmao

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

something about that fight just came off as really really sad. I need to take a walk and contemplate this sport

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

area tall man tees off on normal size mans face

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Very salty team leaving the octagon, even though he missed weight he was very remorseful and apologetic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Hey it seems like you, a man with a six inch height advantage over your opponent, had the most success fighting at range?"

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Viral Ufc troops and 9/11 tribute

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Come on dude the kids crying don't criticize his striking defense now.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

this whole video and whatver dumb promotion ufc is doing is absolutely paid for by the department of defense

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmao that was awkward, DC shaking his head no at Pena when he wanted to speak after that win and running off the stage. DC doesn't like him or he was gettin yelled at in his earpiece?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That troop dude married down

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Which makes the fact he is STILL struggling against Peterson who isn't really doing much of anything all the more galling.

I imagine he'd be demolished at a higher weight division and thought he could come down and dominate here.

You don't have to imagine, that's basically his UFC debut. Oddly enough even at the time it felt like he was fighting one weight class below where he should be so seeing him double down after the failure and (of course) fail to make weight just seemed kind of sad.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

beep by grandpa posted:

Lmao that was awkward, DC shaking his head no at him when he wanted to speak after that win and running off the stage. DC doesn't like him or he was gettin yelled at in his earpiece?

Apparently the other dude said something about time constraints...
y'know.... for this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
IT"S THE GUY FROM THE VIDEO!!!!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The PBP guy sounds close enough to Mike Goldberg but not as robotic and I think that’s worse and not better

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Spaced God posted:

Apparently the other dude said something about time constraints...
y'know.... for this.

Maybe if you miss weight they should just make it so you don't get to say anything/be interviewed if you win

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

IT"S THE GUY FROM THE VIDEO!!!!

So we're expected to just believe that the guy from the video just HAPPENED to be in the arena too? Wake up, sheeple!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
lets go davey figures

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I forgot angela hill was fighting tonight looks like she lost again :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I forgot angela hill was fighting tonight looks like she lost again :frogbon:

Oh I didn't realize she was on the prelims, that sucks :(

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
They shouldn't let this Daveson guy fight when his heads already cut like that

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
remember when uncle creepy dominated jussi in tachi palace but then the vengeful ghost of shane del rosario made sure he could never capitalize on it?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Crowd is gasping every time they show that gash Formiga's head

mewse
May 2, 2006

Spaced God posted:

this whole video and whatver dumb promotion ufc is doing is absolutely paid for by the department of defense

actually no the UFC just likes showing cringeworthy viral videos during their events

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
I don't think that fight saved the division guys

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Juventud Formiga gave a charismatic interview at least

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
oh that was babyweight

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Nail in the coffin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So that was a fight, I guess.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I want Makdessi to win because he came out to Firestarter.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was gonna ask if they turned the crowd mics off but then they started booing so I guess not.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I don't really think they can do that without losing strike audio that gets caught by the center overhead mic.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

They're almost re-enacting Ngannou vs Lewis.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Thrilling.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Cut em both holy poo poo.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Somebody had to drop off the card to get this poo poo onto the main one, right?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Even the air-horn was booing.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Somebody had to drop off the card to get this poo poo onto the main one, right?

Both their opponents dropped out so now they're fighting each other, but I guess that means one of them was scheduled to fight in the main to begin with. I'm guessing Haqparast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
can somebody that's on the tweeters please tell a person in position to do something about espn+ that they need to vary their commercials a little bit before i stab out my eardrums