Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

after the massive dump of crystal waters from the updated record dungeons, only defensive crystal waters matter to me anymore, so I only buy HP DEF RES ones. All the others I have like thrice as many in reserve. I think we have enough Magic water to fully water every mage in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'll likely be lensing Tyro's OSB at some point in the near future, but probably not before the next fest and its free draws.

Alxprit posted:

after the massive dump of crystal waters from the updated record dungeons, only defensive crystal waters matter to me anymore, so I only buy HP DEF RES ones. All the others I have like thrice as many in reserve. I think we have enough Magic water to fully water every mage in the game.

I believe you're right, because AFAIK, I've watered every mage in the game with plenty left over.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

The Zombie Guy posted:

You're gonna hate me...

I thought "oh, free tickets, lemme throw one at Core and see what happens."

I’m going to kill you and the realm boost banners

superloosegoose fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 5, 2020

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Are either of these sync banners worth pulling on or should I save my measly 50 mythril

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
If you're talking about the element ones, I'd say probably not, depending what you really need right now.

The XIII banner coming up for instance has two Syncs plus a Limit Overstrike, but maybe you don't need that particular gear that much.

The thing to do is probably hoard it until the fest at the end of next month, but I know that personally I'm going to squander it all on Alisae and BLM Y'shtola gear right beforehand.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
We're actually getting a ff14 event??

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Yeah, adds Alisaie as a black/white mage + spellblade and Y'shtola gets black mage and witch access (and a Shadowbringers costume)

As I said it's right before the next fest, which has 3 or 4 Syncs and 4 or 5 Awakenings per banner for a range of popular and powerful characters, but the XIV banner is comparable to what's available currently. (Limit Overstrike, 2 Syncs, 3 Awakenings)

Sesq fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 5, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

PSA: They added new missions with the recent maintenance, so check the missions section to get your rewards.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
When is the next fest?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

The next fest is the end of September.

Okay, so I used a Realm ticket and hit the gatdag jackpot with Rydia's Sync. I think I'm going to be okay for damage against Ramuh with Sync + AASB combos for her and Maria both. Still scared though since they're not hitting for like 50K damage like Cloud does. I used to grouse about not getting Syncs, but I've been really lucky lately with those two, plus I got Kain's from the magicite tickets.

I also said screw it and went in on all the Realm and Elemental banners that were still 15 mythril. Wound up with AASBs for Rufus and Raijin, AOSBs for Rydia, Balthier, Kuja, and Ashe, and no more mythril. Not sure if it was worth it, but Raijin's AASB looks like it will make Lightning even more of a beast than she is now, and I'll take an even greater power boost for Rydia.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Sesq posted:

Yeah, adds Alisaie as a black/white mage + spellblade and Y'shtola gets black mage and witch access (and a Shadowbringers costume)

As I said it's right before the next fest, which has 3 or 4 Syncs and 4 or 5 Awakenings per banner for a range of popular and powerful characters, but the XIV banner is comparable to what's available currently. (Limit Overstrike, 2 Syncs, 3 Awakenings)

It actually looks like the XIV event is going to happen after fest given the datamined schedule we have now; there are events up to 9/17 and we'd expect the fest to hit the following week. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing; fest has a couple of really strong banners and is probably the better target for dumping all your mythrils, but I also really want to burn some mythril on the XIV banner because I like the characters (even if all the Y'shtola stuff is unhelpful for realm content as it focuses on DPS when she's the only viable healer in the realm).

In other news, a long doctor wait finally prompted me to go kill Titan. Tweaked the kill a little and had an easier, slightly faster time the second go-around; I'm going to farm the other 6 copies I need over the next few days and then we can see how well my luck with the Earth banner helps me :shepface:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Alphinaud is becoming the realms other healer, though his kit will be a bit wonky.

Generally though, the game balances realm content around the limitations of the respective characters so I think it works out.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I was so distracted by banners 1 and 4 of fest that I didn't even notice his kit on 3 was healer-oriented. DR-centered synchro is a little unfortunate, but the regenga/3k stock/HQC2 medica ultra is real solid.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I bought seph’s usb1, osb, seifer’s usb2

I claimed my last dark odin (dark weak) on my first attempt after not trying for a few weeks! I used the osb once at the end for a capped hit at the beginning of seifer’s chain and I think I used seifer’s usb2... his glint, tgm and the 6* dark imperil were clutch. Tyro glint took care of sleepja and ark took care of the overflow holy hit. Larsa was really helpful with his aasb and qc2 usb, it really made a difference since I don’t have seph’s dc lmr. Seph’s HA is great, worth every mote. The most I was hitting for was 55k x 6. Tyro was capping with his HA, and without a chain was doing 20k x 3 for both his aosb’s. I replaced my double attack madeen with a double deadly strikes madeen since I’d be hitting the cap with seifer’s chain, I think that made a big difference, and including a double deadly strikes in my deck has made the biggest difference in my physical clears of end game stuff.

I got my day 1700 bonus 15 mythril... going to save for the xiii event. I spent the rest of my vit motes on Lightning’s board so I can grab her god-tier HA. I can’t wait to finally be able to use her holy usb, hopefully get her holy aasb and the dc holy lmr.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:toot:

Pulled Ashe woke from the free tickets yesterday, turned it into a Levi clear. Easiest 6* magicite so far. The hardest part was holding off on using Garnet's USB and summons long enough for Ashe and Shantotto to pop bubbles, but not long enough that I hit the 5 second doom soft enrage.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

:toot:

Pulled Ashe woke from the free tickets yesterday, turned it into a Levi clear. Easiest 6* magicite so far. The hardest part was holding off on using Garnet's USB and summons long enough for Ashe and Shantotto to pop bubbles, but not long enough that I hit the 5 second doom soft enrage.

Nice! Congrats on the clear. Best of luck continuing onto the next

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

In terms of Dark Odin, is there an element that is considered any easier than the others? I know I'll be able to field teams for each one, I just wondered if there's a good diving-in point.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's extremely dependent on what you have, but wind-weak does some nasty damage, dark-weak has damage and status hell, and poison-weak you don't have the gear

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

The Zombie Guy posted:

In terms of Dark Odin, is there an element that is considered any easier than the others? I know I'll be able to field teams for each one, I just wondered if there's a good diving-in point.

I think ice weak was probably the easiest one, I think I did that first. Holy weak was pretty tame too.

Fire weak is heavy on damage so I used two healers, earth weak took me a while, water weak was tough, lightning was easy with lightning sync/aasb, dark weak was a struggle. Wind isn’t bad if you have your cloud stacked.

For physical just use this basic set up:
Dps
Chain holder + imperiler + ele radiant shield (preferably but it works on anyone who has the radiant)
Tyro (usb4/aasb/usb1/usb3, you don’t need godwall for like half or more of the fights)
Elarra (usb1/usb2)
2nd healer or second dps

Double deadly strike madeen + elarra usb2 + tyro usb4 = big boy damage

superloosegoose fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 6, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, DeNA, you need to learn what Constistancy is!

After running a shitload of Magicites, I've come to expect the RW replacements to be Heal and Chain, in that order. Cardia Dungeons reverse that order, and I end up picking the wrong one!

Get your poo poo together, damnit! :argh:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Zombie Guy posted:

superloosegoose posted:

I think ice weak was probably the easiest one, I think I did that first. Holy weak was pretty tame too.

It depends on what your teams are, honestly. If your strongest ice is magic and/or you don't use a major imperiler (read: Laguna) in your setups, consider giving Ice Weak a pass - it uses NulFrost enough to make the going tricky if you rely on weakness hits for gauge gain. In general, any realm you have 3 or more wokes/syncs for (and/or two characters with a cap break move and an AOSB; that last phase is a bitch) and a 2.0/2.5 chain is going to be pretty smooth sailing, except Dark-Weak, which is awful, gently caress Dark Weak.

Physical teams absolutely need some critfixing (generally, Tyro USB4 and/or AASB), since it's a long way up to doing real damage to his defenses without it.

I answered this question in a bit more detail here if you wanted to have a bunch of tl;dr.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 6, 2020

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I kind of like the last phase, you get a lot of sb from the elemental drives (but they suck when you don’t have any odin accessories).

Do you have anybody with an aasb + a sync? That’ll probably be the easiest

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Has JP even got Wait Mode yet? I was a little disappointed not to see it show up in the last maintenance.

I'd also settle for that "speed up SB animations" option.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nope, they only recently announced that they're working on it. Don't expect to see it in global for a very long time.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Friendly reminder that the current set of record dungeon missions expires tomorrow morning. They've been sitting there for like two months now so I wouldn't be surprised if some of you have forgotten about them!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Don't forget to get your fifty magicites done too. I think that one goes away at nighttime tomorrow, though.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Blew all my tickets in one shot after saving them. Landed Cloud sync, and some misc bits off the Earth banner including Rydia G+. I'm happy.

Saving is the one true way.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Final trip report: I spread my tickets out between fire, holy, and dark because those were the banners with chains I'm still missing. No chains unfortunately, but I went 10/whatever with only one dupe along the way, and that was with 2-3 dupes on each banner to start with. I even scored 2 of the syncs!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Finally got Elarra's 6* glint, only took like 7 tickets, pretty sure I can fully autophoenix now yay.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There needs to be an option to disable the BGM change when you use Historia Crystals.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

There needs to be an option to disable the BGM change when you use Historia Crystals.

Interrupting Battle on the Big Bridge for the FF5 main theme is treason.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Tifa Glint+, Enna Kros USB, dupe Yang Glint. I'm never going to get a loving Earth sync am I.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DeadButDelicious posted:

Tifa Glint+, Enna Kros USB, dupe Yang Glint. I'm never going to get a loving Earth sync am I.

There are only 3 syncs on the earth banner (Rydia, Tifa, Rinoa). If you really want one then you ought to wait for the banner refresh after next fest.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

As an owner of Kelgar's AASB, I can say firsthand that this and lensable poo poo alone can comfortably carry a Ramuh mastery team (mine was supported by Barts AASB1 which actually didn't add much).

Put this in the 1 more gamechanger relic for the Earth Banner.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I just managed getting deathgaze dreambreaker to 59.9% with one last crit buffed zidane osb on a rage 3 chainless hit, it was awesome. I was just dumping vivi and zidane osb’s when the deaths were getting cast.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Wind 2/11 - freya usb1, chase lmr
Wind 1/11 - zack glint+ (dupe)

Stuff for a dragoon that i have no use or items for, and another dupe for chainless zack. i think i have every useless dragoon usb in the game! i really need to start tracking my free ticket pulls, theyre so unbelievably pathetic...

is the type zero banner worth pulling on since the xiii banner sucks? i know ace sync is top tier, im prob better off saving.

lightning ha is great though, nice to be able to use her holy usb with lightning sb's.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Lightning HA is :stare:

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Ugh, don't tempt me. I only have enough mats for two HAs, and one is earmarked for Cloud. The other is for someone I really need to complete content. I think I may need it for Rydia to beat Ifrit, but I don't actually know.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If I got Lightning's HA then my famfrit auto clear (my standard magicite mission battle) would be better but it's a pretty terrible use of limited resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Reminder that we're about a month out from Vagrant Gilgamesh, a realm-version of Prismatic Omega who is good for another 3 HAs worth of Lens+, if that makes your decision easier