Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Varance posted:

They stack to 99 now, so you don't have to burn them immediately. :ssh:

Mine stopped stacking at 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Break Damage Limit and Damaging Ability (noted right at the top of the post)

Thank you, I did not see that.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 15, 2021

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Kheldarn posted:

Mine stopped stacking at 50

I was happy when I saw the stamina pot max was being raised to 50 because I thought that would mean I could just let the potions accumulate on their own and I wouldn't be stuck with extras in my reward box for a while

....I now have 17 stamina potions sitting in my reward box.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

I was happy when I saw the stamina pot max was being raised to 50 because I thought that would mean I could just let the potions accumulate on their own and I wouldn't be stuck with extras in my reward box for a while

....I now have 17 stamina potions sitting in my reward box.

Thankfully, auto grinding for white/holy crystals to max out Rem and now Deuce痴 HAs has left me burning through them readily and they値l be ready to accumulate on their own for a year again.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Haha oops, I was filling out Vanille's record board before giving the XIII dreambreaker a shot and accidentally bought her HA when I didn't mean to.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

Haha oops, I was filling out Vanille's record board before giving the XIII dreambreaker a shot and accidentally bought her HA when I didn't mean to.

And that would be why I highly recommend only converting your currency over right before you intend to buy one. Makes oopsies like that impossible. :v:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like how many different menu's you have to jump through to make a Cardia 6* skill or level a hero from lvl 1 to 99. Hell I love it.

I tested Kite's shop and hard closed the program after the first minute of loading screen.

Aaaaaaaah.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Got what I think is my best free ticket pull from the Elemental Wind banner.

On an unrelated note, it's a super pain in the rear end when rewards don't unlock for new missions based on things already done. I guess if you already maxed out your characters, then you're hosed?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Charles Bukowski posted:

I tested Kite's shop and hard closed the program after the first minute of loading screen.

Aaaaaaaah.

Yeah, the load times on that menu are absurd. I don't know what they did for it but they're clearly doing it wrong.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I assume the reason it's so much worse than all the other menus is because there's a bunch of different things you can use for exchanges and a lot of the things you can exchange for can themselves be exchanged for other things, so their solution to make sure nothing breaks was to just recheck your entire inventory after every transaction or something equally inefficient.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Unless something has changed, the app is just a wrapper, and the game itself is a website...

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It takes up 15 gb of my phone.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Charles Bukowski posted:

It takes up 15 gb of my phone.

It does cache resources for faster loading, but its true that its just a wrapper for website.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Bwah ha ha!
Your weapons tickle!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Shock Trooper posted:

Bwah ha ha!
Your weapons tickle!

***does 100k damage in a single action***

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
The time period for Gilgamesh was way too short, at least omega is back I guess

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Guess who just beat the easiest 6* magicite!... I guess it's not much of a thing to brag about, but. It's a 6* magicite!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Guess who just beat the easiest 6* magicite!... I guess it's not much of a thing to brag about, but. It's a 6* magicite!

Nice job! I'm still trying to beat my first 6*.
I thought Titan was generally accepted as being the easiest one? I guess any of them can be the easy one, depending on your kit.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Tibeerius posted:

Am I missing something, or is this Cardia event the first time DeNA has stuck quality rewards behind bleeding edge content? I sort of appreciate the push (I've been procrastinating on Dark Odin and 6* magicites for months/years), but I can't help but feel annoyed. Is this the first occasion that time-limited content this difficult has awarded more than just gold?

That being said, any advice for a slacker Week 1 player dipping their toes into Dreambreakers? I know that Orran's sync or Tyro's OSB are mandatory, but beyond that I'm clueless. I fumbled around with IX's "easy" exploitable Dreambreaker back when they were introduced, but failed to reach even 10% damage and noped on out of there.
Trip report:

8+ hours of effort got me 90% on FF7, and 60% on FF4. I'm particularly disappointed with the FF7 result; I followed a template on Reddit perfectly (except I had Sephiroth's Sync instead of Awakening, but from what I've read that should have been an improvement), but just couldn't seem to squeeze out enough RNG doublecasts to push me over the edge. I had low hopes for FF4 because I was short on time and was struggling to find a template I had all the pieces for, but considering that FF4 is "the easy Dreambreaker" I'm pretty disappointed with that one as well.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty demoralized. I've been clearing virtually every time-limited event - and pulling big on all the best banners - since the game launched, and feel like I'm still days of real life playtime away from progressing to the point the developers seem to think I should be at (or possibly unlucky enough that Dreambreakers are effectively impossible for me). I used to be able to clear all the content as it launched, but the game seems to have steadily increased its expectations of players to the point that I just can't seem to keep up. Which blows, because I really liked what this game used to be. :(

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

The Zombie Guy posted:

Nice job! I'm still trying to beat my first 6*.
I thought Titan was generally accepted as being the easiest one? I guess any of them can be the easy one, depending on your kit.

Titan is quite challenging as your first 6*, unless you can go Full Cloud on him. If you can go Full Cloud then he's not bad.

If you don't have a 6* main magicite already, and you aren't pushing hard enough to skip some, then you need to deal with three walls with only two casts of Fabula Mage, meaning you need to gently caress around with OSBs or bUSBs and it's kind of a hassle.

Shiva is relatively straightforward because you can ignore the fight gimmick if your gear lets you go fast enough.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Jabor posted:

Titan is quite challenging as your first 6*, unless you can go Full Cloud on him. If you can go Full Cloud then he's not bad.

If you don't have a 6* main magicite already, and you aren't pushing hard enough to skip some, then you need to deal with three walls with only two casts of Fabula Mage, meaning you need to gently caress around with OSBs or bUSBs and it's kind of a hassle.

Shiva is relatively straightforward because you can ignore the fight gimmick if your gear lets you go fast enough.

Yeah, I have a pretty heavily tricked-out Cloud.

My issue with the 6* / Dreambreakers is that I don't have the patience to micro-manage the gimmicks and specific turn orders, HP percentage, and all that. I just like to smashy smash, and I can only tolerate so much of the second to second timing.
So, if Shiva is one of those bosses that can be crushed by an aggressive rush, then I'll turn my attention there for a while.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Zombie Guy posted:

My issue with the 6* / Dreambreakers is that I don't have the patience to micro-manage the gimmicks and specific turn orders, HP percentage, and all that. I just like to smashy smash, and I can only tolerate so much of the second to second timing.
So, if Shiva is one of those bosses that can be crushed by an aggressive rush, then I'll turn my attention there for a while.

There's still second to second timing because it's a 6*, but as far as gimmicks go, Shiva has basically none. She spawns Ice Walls in her second and third phases which boost her self-healing (and weaken one of her big nukes in exchange), and in the third phase she can crunch them for boosts to her ice damage. The reason a lot of people call her the "easiest" is because you absolutely can destroy her with overwhelming force, unlike others who have more complicated gimmicks to dance around.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Honestly if you have the right support you should be able to do Titan without too much trouble. Do you have Zack's Chain or Awakening for a crit damage buff? (If you don't then you can do it with Elarra USB2 just fine, but I'd accept that it's getting kinda fiddly at that point)

Basically you want to glint up a bunch of infusion (I only went to two levels because I only had his 6* glints and no 5*, looks like you could go to 3 if you needed the extra damage), USB1, AOSB close to 70% hp with a decent chain and all your buffs and Titan not at rage 3. You should do at least 50k a hit and push him straight to phase 3, and only have one wall you need to smash with the RW. Then Awakening afterwards for doublecasts to close out the fight.

(You could also Awakening right after USB1 if you had the meter, but it's easy to push a bit too fast and not get to the AOSB in time if you do that).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Zombie Guy posted:

Take heart, wait mode is less than a month away.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Ramuh, despite having a reputation as being pretty tough, is the other 6* where "overwhelming force" just lets you smash him without caring about the gimmick. But he's got a really nasty rep because at the time he came out, pretty much no-one actually had sufficiently overwhelming force.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I never beat any of the Dreambreaker dungeons during the Cardia event either, best I got was 70-something with FFVI. I'm sure I've got the gear to take a few of them down, but I think I don't have the coordination. I was looking at this video I saw about a sub-10 second run on Diabolos spamming Rem that I had all the pieces for, save for like a Glint+ on Quina. I tried doing it myself and it took me over 20 seconds to do everything before I got wiped. I've got all the magic speed boosts, but they don't help me when I can't press the buttons fast enough. I'm hoping that Wait Mode is enough of an improvement that I can actually pull that off, but we'll see.

Thinking back to top-end difficulty scaling, here's how quickly I got them done:
Nightmares: I got them all done day one or so with some fiddling.
3* Magicites: Day one finishes also.
4* Magicites: I didn't get them all done on the first day, but I'm sure I got them all done in a reasonable amount of time
5* Magicites: I waited until Madeen was out before gaining the confidence to do them, and I managed to get caught up by the time the Ark/Deathgaze were available
6* Magicites: Looks like I beat Titan last July right around when Diabolos came out, and I beat Diabolos around New Year's

If I recall correctly, I managed to cheese a lot of the old torments with Cloud USB or something before they went away, but I don't really remember how quickly I got clears of the modern Torments. I'm sure I beat them all before they allowed an off-realm unit though. I feel like I got Tactics and VIII taken care of early, if not sub-30. And of course I still haven't beaten any Dreambreakers.

I guess my point is that each successive tier is getting increasingly harder and long-term to beat.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

These fights also take forever in real time and even worse if you have to restart a few times. Learning the rhythm of these fights is a chore in itself. I haven't even attempted most of the DBs yet and I only gave WOdin a half hearted attempt. By the time I finish all the DBs, they'll probably be giving everyone free Full Break counters.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I actually have charts in a notebook for a couple of my 6* magicite clears. Yeah there's definitely a rhythm to them and if you come back to them because DeNA added a new reward tome then relearning the fight is a pain in the arse.

My current Everest is Diabolos - last 6* left for me to clear and I'm just not there yet with SBs. I keep throwing tickets at the Holy banner whenever they come by and even got 5 discos yesterday (no syncs and all but 1, Basch woke, were a dupe) but it isn't coming together yet. On the dreambreaker front I feel like III is my best shot - my kit is;

OK sync/woke/AOSB/g+
Ingus sync/AOSB/g+
Luneth Woke/g+
Aria Woke/USB/g+

It's a consistent 70% clear but I run out of steam at the end for Ingus and Luneth so I probably need their wokes/syncs respectively to go the extra mile. It's very frustrating though. Hopefully the upcoming festival will help alleviate some aches.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sesq posted:

I guess my point is that each successive tier is getting increasingly harder and long-term to beat.

I'm waiting to see (ha) if the inclusion of Wait Mode within the next month makes the song and dance of endgame content any more bearable before I make my final judgement on if I'm staying around or not. If it doesn't lead to an appreciable reduction of my stress levels playing this game, I may well just be capital-D Done. The ATB system doesn't lend itself well to speed creep, but yet that's where the meta took it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm in a weird spot in that I really enjoy elemental content, but completely despise realm content. I think most of it has to do with the timed DB rewards. Timed rewards and full break is anti-fun. One of them or the other, fine, but both is terrible and means I have no motivation to try any of them.

The fact that Historia Crystals suck and so does levelling them, doesn't help.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
You got me last time but I got ya this time Rydia Sync 2 after 3 pulls!

Knew the MMX5 boss theme would give me good luck!

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
So we can stop treating Stan pots like megalixers. I like

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I知 at 185 mythril right now, I知 probably not close enough for the sync select for 6th anni right?

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Not looking good unless you have a backlog of stuff to clear. Think rule of thumb is approximately 200 max a month.

I'm sitting at 350ish and not sure if I should risk pulling on any luckies.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I知 not even sure exactly what to build up for now haha.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Well, this is an unexpected and rather unfortunate occurrence.

Edit: Not pictured, the Tactics banner that also dropped at the same time which leads with TGCid's Arcane Dyad, a new Sync and his old Sync (also catch up relics for Meliadoul, which no one on this earth but me cares about).

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 1, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Randabis posted:

I知 not even sure exactly what to build up for now haha.

For people who have been playing a long time and have a lot of great stuff, the thing to do is only pull during fests. All the best stuff on curated banners is usually the best way to spend your mythril, especially with the stamp system. If you pull a certain number of total times on all fest banners you get a free awesome thing. Last fest it was a Sync.

It's boring as gently caress between fests but if you want the best chances to get the best stuff to clear endgame content that's what you do (if you're not a whale).

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Elephant Ambush posted:

For people who have been playing a long time and have a lot of great stuff, the thing to do is only pull during fests. All the best stuff on curated banners is usually the best way to spend your mythril, especially with the stamp system. If you pull a certain number of total times on all fest banners you get a free awesome thing. Last fest it was a Sync.

It's boring as gently caress between fests but if you want the best chances to get the best stuff to clear endgame content that's what you do (if you're not a whale).

Yeah I have been in pull only on fests mode for a while. Personal problems have prevented me from putting much time into the game and I saw all this poo poo that changed in like the last month and I am like awesome but I am at where none of it matters much.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Does anyone remember when the Free Daily 10 ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Does anyone remember when the Free Daily 10 ends?
i was told it lasts until this months fest