Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Huh Senryu Shoujo isn't streaming anywhere huh? That one sounded interesting from what peeps have told me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It's on Hidive.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Oop I guess I missed it on there. Thanks!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The animation really lets down a good series, although TBH it'll tale an insane amount of work to replicate the mangaka's art in anime form.

I really liked the first ep of Fruits Basket, as someone who hasn't watched the first anime or read the manga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yaiba good

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

New Fruits Basket is very solid. Hitori Bocchi is also good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Enjoyed the first episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba, left a much stronger impression on me than the manga did at first, could easily see myself switching over to the manga at some point tho.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
First episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba is nice. Fun thing to keep in mind when they're fighting demons with swords and junk: This show is set in the Taisho Era so it's like, sometime between 1912 and 1926.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

The animation really lets down a good series, although TBH it'll tale an insane amount of work to replicate the mangaka's art in anime form.

The one thing I was interested in this season and it's bad. :negative:

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Have I missed the news, or has no one announced they're picking up Sarazanmai?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I enjoyed the first ep of Yaiba way more than I did Dororo's, even though they're pretty much nothing alike other than the demon slaying concept.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
We Never Learn's first episode felt kinda bare. Not bad, but just not nearly as goofy or entertaining as the manga imo. The pace is also weirdly fast imo

Mr. Fowl posted:

First episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba is nice. Fun thing to keep in mind when they're fighting demons with swords and junk: This show is set in the Taisho Era so it's like, sometime between 1912 and 1926.
I mean.....yeah? It doesn't really feel anachronistic for rural rural Japan if that's what you mean

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Expect My Mom posted:

We Never Learn's first episode felt kinda bare. Not bad, but just not nearly as goofy or entertaining as the manga imo. The pace is also weirdly fast imo

I mean.....yeah? It doesn't really feel anachronistic for rural rural Japan if that's what you mean

I guess they want to hurry and set up the main cast. Which is a good call. Because the manga took a while to really get it's footing and style going. So the sooner we get the setup and main premise going the better.

I hope this will act as a suitable replacement for Kaguya.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Maera Sior posted:

Have I missed the news, or has no one announced they're picking up Sarazanmai?

it's a noitamina show so i would assume amazon will put it up without much fanfare

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mulderman posted:

I guess they want to hurry and set up the main cast. Which is a good call. Because the manga took a while to really get it's footing and style going. So the sooner we get the setup and main premise going the better.

I don't think anything bar Konosuba/Asobi can replace Kaguya's comedy.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dogsicle posted:

it's a noitamina show so i would assume amazon will put it up without much fanfare

I'm unsure of their exclusivity deal's status now since Promised Neverland is noitamina and it was on Crunchyroll

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh man Bocci you adorable idiot you made a friend!

This show is real cute and good from just that first episode... Though it really makes me want a Komi-san adaptation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

I'm unsure of their exclusivity deal's status now since Promised Neverland is noitamina and it was on Crunchyroll

huh, that's weird. it still has a few days to air either way and these announcements can come pretty close to the wire so i'm still hoping for a license somewhere

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just caught Fruits Baskets and I'm not sure what to make of it. I knew nothing about it going in except that ppl liked the source so that was a rather bizarre watch overall. I'm curious enough to give it a couple episodes because I like how they played the reveal.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a shoujo twenty years removed from its cultural context. definitely has the familiar feel of 90's anime despite the modern production quality though.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Expect My Mom posted:

Oh, it's just that I thought it was worth pointing out because it's one of those time periods where in much of the world, deep rural areas still look pretty much the same as they did a hundred or more years past so it's hard to place the date.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Mulderman posted:

I've read both mangas and Kaguya is way too high of a standard, WNL is more on the level of the quintuplet show from last season (though I'd say it is a little more entertaining).

I watched the old Fruits Basket anime, but it was over a decade ago so I only really remember thinking the main character was a complete idiot for planning to live in a tent over winter. It also feels dated because it is a high school anime and there are no smart phones or internet involved.

Bocchi was very good and I hope she makes lots of friends.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Kimetsu no Yaiba's first episode was solid enough though it's random 3d cg stuff was jank as usual. Thankfully there wasn't much of it. Kajiura is killing it with the music so far and I'm excited to hear more of it.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
the teasing of the powers in the ED was very cool

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can find no flaws in this logic.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I can find no flaws in this logic.

:same:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Wait Hitoribocchi is Jukki "Place Further Than the Universe/Euphonium/Bloom in You" Hanada on series composition????

Well poo poo

EDIT: Thread created
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886569

Fangz fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 6, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mr. Fowl posted:

Oh, it's just that I thought it was worth pointing out because it's one of those time periods where in much of the world, deep rural areas still look pretty much the same as they did a hundred or more years past so it's hard to place the date.
I'm glad you did because I was a little confused by the old timey village with power/phone lines everywhere and was coming to this thread precisely to ask when it was set.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Finally, some fresh blood for the new season. :toot:

quote:

:siren:Hitoribocchi no ○○ Seikatsu
C2C | Takefumi Anzai | Jukki Hanada | Slice of Life, Comedy, School, Shounen | 4-koma Manga | Apr 6, 2019
Hitori Bocchi suffers from extreme social anxiety, she’s not good at talking to people, takes pretty extreme actions, is surprisingly adept at avoiding people, her legs cramp when she overexerts herself, gets full of herself when alone, will vomit when exposed to extreme tension and often comes up with plans. Now she is entering middle school and her only friend, Yawara Kai, is attending a different school. This leaves Bocchi alone, surrounded by new classmates with whom she must make friends before Kai will talk to her again.
PV
Thread

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Awww, Sword Art Online Alicization isn't actually a consecutive year long thing, its on break until October.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
The first episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba was actually really good, although it was a bit obvious with a few of the CG bits.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ibblebibble posted:

I really liked the first ep of Fruits Basket, as someone who hasn't watched the first anime or read the manga.

It's definitely well done, but for someone who did see the first series it's hard to avoid constantly comparing the two, especially when it comes to music and the use thereof.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

It's definitely well done, but for someone who did see the first series it's hard to avoid constantly comparing the two, especially when it comes to music and the use thereof.

I saw a comparison series of the first two episodes of the two series and I don't think I can get past 2001 shoujo face.

I find it amusing that the animal form designs are pretty much exactly the same though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kimetsu no yaiba adaption is shaping up nicely from the first episode. there was a wee bit of bad cgi in there but they did a great job on the characters. watching it was a lot better than reading it, which is welcome since it took me a while to really get into the manga

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

I saw a comparison series of the first two episodes of the two series and I don't think I can get past 2001 shoujo face.
Still better than Slayers faces.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
did fairy gone actually get released for western streaming i was wanting to check that one out and senpai.moe says it should have released today but i cant find it

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
funimation got it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Kono Oto Tomare had a pretty uninspiring first ep but had to go through that to introduce the characters

Having read the manga and all I do hope the rest of the eps are better since I do like the manga a lot

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Mr. Fowl posted:

Expect My Mom posted:

Sindai posted:

I'm glad you did because I was a little confused by the old timey village with power/phone lines everywhere and was coming to this thread precisely to ask when it was set.

It's totally consistent with what you'd see in Golden Kamui, which was also Taisho era. And Northern Honshu was probably just as rural and undeveloped as Hokkaido.

Also the slayer character was wearing a military style seifuku, which is again a post-Edo thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I sincerely hope they don't gently caress up the music.