Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Are any of these shows based on Manga Time Kirara stuff? Basically none of them sound interesting to me... didn't think I'd be the one to write that.

I'll keep up with Aikatsu Friends and PriChan, and at least check out the Fruits Basket remake.
Maybe that Koto music club thing?
A couple of the shorts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

Zombieland movie?
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1112368955945975808?s=19

It's April 1st in Japan so I'm wary of all news today

That one's probably fake, but they've also got another announcement tomorrow.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Senryuu Girl was cute and pretty on a technical level, but first episode had me bored all the way through.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

New Fruits Basket is very solid. Hitori Bocchi is also good.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

For a music club (sports) anime, Koto Oto Tomare! hosed up pretty badly, they did not play the drat instrument at all in the first episode. And does not have the decency to use the koto in the OP or ED songs either.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Coaaab posted:

That's by design to instead focus on the character drama. Second episode should have narrative reasons for diegetic koto music unless they majorly gently caress it up.

I'm mentally comparing it to the Kabukibu anime a while back, and that one had a great enthusiastic MC doing kabuki poo poo all the time, right from the get-go. I get that they want to get some character drama going, but at least show me the MC dude cares a bit about the instrument and music he's supposedly playing, like have him hum a tune or play air koto during a bit of down time or something.

Edit: If you're making an anime about a music club, put some music-appropriate content in it. Otherwise it may as well be the tea club.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 7, 2019

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Davincie posted:

the 2nd kono oto tomare ep wasnt any better than the first

Hey we actually heard them play the instrument!
But it's all very dry and spends too much time on dumb things. Giving it a third ep still, but it's close to being a drop from me.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Will this one have aliens? Ducks?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This is incredibly dirty

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm somehow still watching Kono oto tomare, episode 4 is finally all about the instruments and the music and is so much better for it. All in all the anime is not very well directed, it seems to spend too much time on all the wrong things, but I'm sticking with it for now just because it's about a traditional musical instrument.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Kono Oto Tonare never really stops with the adversity train does it? I wonder how they'll bring the viewers around to new girl considering that she's one of the main characters in the OP.

Is that why the show has that name? Everyone wants to stop their sounds.

This is not a music or sports anime, it's a battle shounen.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Motto posted:

Huh, makes me wonder how many anime series cover the whole of a character's HS years (with that being the main focus, no timeskips or anything).

Azumanga Daioh, but I don't have any good pictures from it right now.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Summer 2019: How Many Animes can you Lift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Agronox posted:

Nice! I didn’t think it was that successful.

When it's coming that soon after it's not a product of the success of the first season, it was planned all along.