Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I'll be enthusiasticly watching AOT and Sarazanmai. I'll wait for some reviews before starting OPM. My other half might want to check out Carol & Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Twitch is showing OPM and it's strange to see a chat filled with with people excited for season 2.

Someone please reassure me it will be ok.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Thank you, I can't stop laughing.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Have I missed the news, or has no one announced they're picking up Sarazanmai?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Sarazanmai and Bungo Stray Dogs have been picked up by Crunchyroll.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah the second half is a trip alright

I think I read a quote in a japanese board that was like "Yeah, unlike Starlight, this is true madness"

I am making myself wait until my other half comes home (this will be the first Ikuhara show I'm showing him blind) and it is so hard when people post things like this.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

don't care about the character designs so long as the writing is good, unlike arise.

This. I haven't seen anything in the franchise since SAC and it seems like a good decision.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Endorph posted:

I think we can acknowledge the good of something without pretending that a 55 year old straight cis dude swooped down from on high to save gay rights.
Not that this excuses people saying Ikuhara invented gay whatever, but if I had to pick any anime directors as queer, Ikuhara and Sayo Yamamoto are the entirety of the list.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

The Colonel posted:

thats a weird list considering the kind of stuff ikuhara has said in interviews

Links? I'm not aware of very many where he's actually he's actually answered questions with much depth.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Endorph posted:

I think this is a very weird road to go down, because making gay anime does not somehow transmit the property of gay onto you, and neither of them have made any statements stating that they are. And both of these two have made some very, uh, straight-passing statements, lol. Especially how horny Ikuhara is for Sailor Mars.

I find it deeply frustrating when people act like someone who has spent decades covering queer and queer-adjacent subjects (found families, oppressive societies, rejecting systems and being rejected in turn) has to be doing so for the basest of reasons. FFS, you can argue that almost every character in Utena is bisexual (especially the men), but Ikuhara is just horny for lesbians.

On Sayo Yamamoto, if you can somehow interpret "When I was growing up watching Fujiko in the original series of Lupin, I always watched her with anticipation of when she was going to take off her clothes," and "To the point that when I was little I basically used to watch Lupin just to see Fujiko’s sexy scenes," as straight-passing...

Biphobia and bi erasure sure are things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Fangz posted:

There's a PV you know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzM43HZ6oeg

I feel pretty positive about the second coming of Soul Eater

I adored the Soul Eater anime, but I'm not sure how I feel about this. Has anyone here read the manga?