Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'll be checking out Hitoribocchi, Fruits Basket, We Never Learn and Fairy Gone at the very least, with Carol and Tuesday as a probably. Maybe Senryuu if I have time. I wonder if Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine will be like Umamusume and be surprisingly good or if it'll just be ehhhhh.

Also, is Boogiepop continuing into Spring? I thought the final episode would be this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I might also check out Kono Oto Tomare because I heard the manga was pretty good and shows about obscure bits of Japanese culture are always good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think I will actually go ahead and dive in to Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine to see if it'll be the new Umamusume in terms of quality. Super risky pick, I guess.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hotoribocchi was incredibly cute and charming, yes. Looking forward to watching this girl make friends :toot:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The animation really lets down a good series, although TBH it'll tale an insane amount of work to replicate the mangaka's art in anime form.

I really liked the first ep of Fruits Basket, as someone who hasn't watched the first anime or read the manga.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I enjoyed the first ep of Yaiba way more than I did Dororo's, even though they're pretty much nothing alike other than the demon slaying concept.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

It's definitely well done, but for someone who did see the first series it's hard to avoid constantly comparing the two, especially when it comes to music and the use thereof.

I saw a comparison series of the first two episodes of the two series and I don't think I can get past 2001 shoujo face.

I find it amusing that the animal form designs are pretty much exactly the same though.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've only watched Konosuba and Overlord out of the 4, how confusing would Isekai Quartet be to me?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Fruits Basket (2019)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/ccc09edb18a01426d5742ec3171f6cd9.mp4

https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/f04113ae5891b0401e62e713b1f8781d.mp4

I'm enjoying the animation flexes in Bokuben's OP.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

chumbler posted:

I didn't know it was the studio's first big show. I can see scenes where there are some corners cut, but it's lively enough in others that it balances out.

Yeah, it definitely keeps to the spirit of the manga. Too bad it'll never reach the big emotional mini-arcs unless we get 2 more seasons.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mirage posted:

In the OP there's a quick shot of Uruka surfacing in the pool that's amazing.

I just wish the main show's animation was at that level. Though it's still pretty good for a studio's first effort.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/ee29707e7a4bc49e3bf6891febbba619.mp4

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Motto posted:

If it helps azur lane is Chinese developed, ate into Kancolle's space, and made an involved dude mad about not respecting the memory of the imperial Japanese navy enough

e: I stil like some of the designs though

I thought one of the artists quit in a massive huff because the staff weren't patriotically Chinese enough? Or is this another incident?

CN gacha artist drama is insane.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Other than the stuff already mentioned I'm liking Bokutachi wa Benkyo ga Dekinai and Fruits Basket.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kono Oto Tonare never really stops with the adversity train does it? I wonder how they'll bring the viewers around to new girl considering that she's one of the main characters in the OP.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Is the Bokuben manga any good? I read one review of the anime that said it was basically trash, but the more I see bits and pieces the more I kind of want to read it.

It's a fun read, and some of the later arcs actually does really good emotional development for the girls.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

O Maidens in your Savage Season is Summer as well right?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGksHFs04Rc

New Shinkai movie looks beautiful as always.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Summer Season 2019: How Many Goons Can You Lift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

The best anime of the year so far, Run With The Wind, only got like two pages.

This world.....it isnt fair

I tried my best to contribute, but it mostly consisted of me yelling OUJI-SAAAAAAAAAN.