Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
shut the heck up about nerd crap, Vader, you dweeb

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
lol sid

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

deep dish peat moss

I usually work in 8"x10" but i've been working on a 12"x16" piece and it's exhausting

https://i.imgur.com/DFVS1Yz.mp4

deep dish peat moss

Also here are some other things I've done recently since this thread went over a month with no posts!!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Great stuff as always, deep dish. I'm loving all the different "windows to elsewhere" theme you got going on there. How long has that 12x16 taken you?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I have been in a weird place with my photography, feeling that I've kinda plateaued with my camera/lens combo so I've been trying to push myself more and more artsy. One thing that is really holding me back is I'm lacking good subject matter, or subjects/locations that interest me. I need a new muse. But in the meantime, I still crave editing photos, so I've been going back over a lot of old photos and trying new tricks that I've learned. Also, I've been pushing myself to learn something new each time I edit a photo and to make something out of any photo, even photos that should really be in the trash. It's opened up this whole new world of artsy photos. I've enrolled in college again (to finish my associates), and I'm majoring in Fine Arts this time, with a focus on photography/digital manipulation. I want to be taught new things and hang around some people who also have a passion for photography.

Some recent stuff

Kacie and I went up to the college campus for the first time a couple weeks ago to look around and get a feel for the layout, while I wait for summer classes to start, and the flowers has just started blooming.

Kacie being gorgeous as is her wont

One of those "throw away" photos I was talking about. I was driving on a highway, grabbed the camera, with the 70-200mm lens attached and shot one-handed through the side window. Would have been decent but my exposure was super low, and I discarded the photo for a long time. Recently went back and played around with it and made this silhouette.

Another throw away image. This one was completely blown-out overexposed before I dialed it in correctly for the following images. The fact that I was able to actually pull detail out of the sky is a testament to the boundary-pushing I've been forcing myself to do, because that sky was nearly pure white prior to editing.

Just a wall on one of the campus buildings that I liked.

Tiny little bird

Much bigger bird

deep dish peat moss

super cool colors in all of these but I particularly like this one, little tiny being perspectives of parks are always nice :3:

as of this pic I've spent probably 7-9 hours across 3 days on this, I'm working slow because I'm kind of lacking the motivation right now. It always comes in waves for me

I have also on the side been doing a lot of world building/writing for a Dying Earth post-post-apocalypse setting where thousands of years ago a war against the stars ended up with most of the earth being turned to salt, and now there's a medieval-level low fantasy society living in a wasteland full of dried-up ocean floors, petrified coral forests, saline bogs, brine fogs, mutant jungles, etc. They ride "horses" around but what they call horses are essentially giant lobsters without the claws, and there's a kingdom of underground psychic bug-people. I structured out a novel in it that I don't know if I'll write :effort: It's getting pretty fleshed out now so I'll need to do something with it

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 1, 2022

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

deep dish peat moss posted:

super cool colors in all of these but I particularly like this one, little tiny being perspectives of parks are always nice :3:

as of this pic I've spent probably 7-9 hours across 3 days on this, I'm working slow because I'm kind of lacking the motivation right now. It always comes in waves for me

I have also on the side been doing a lot of world building/writing for a Dying Earth post-post-apocalypse setting where thousands of years ago a war against the stars ended up with most of the earth being turned to salt, and now there's a medieval-level low fantasy society living in a wasteland full of dried-up ocean floors, petrified coral forests, saline bogs, brine fogs, mutant jungles, etc. They ride "horses" around but what they call horses are essentially giant lobsters without the claws, and there's a kingdom of underground psychic bug-people. I structured out a novel in it that I don't know if I'll write :effort: It's getting pretty fleshed out now so I'll need to do something with it

For me, learning to ride the creative waves was a major turning point. I know when I'm heading into a drought, but I know that with that drought will come emotional stuff in life that I then pull from when the art wave comes 'round again.

I have a friend that might be interested in that dying earth stuff, I'll pass that along. He does digital art for characters and storyline development for things that I don't even understand, whole worlds and universes.

Back to that photo of the flowers, it's in the courtyard of the college. The who campus is like a donut of buildings with a courtyard in the middle with flowers and benches and then this giant perfectly rounded and sculpted and perfectly manicured hill. But on one of those benches, and just happens to be the bench in the photo, someone placed an art installation metal-skeletoned humanoid thing. I'll get a better photo of it for you.

deep dish peat moss

I took a break yesterday but here's the current progress of day 4

I'm almost to the point where the rest of it is just black linework + silhouette at least

e: Current version and size comparison compared to the size I usually work in (8"x10")

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 2, 2022

for fucks sake

I like making abstract geometric fractally stuff on the computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

hell yes a bunch of rad art being posted thank you all

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him