Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is wonderful. your stuff always has great depth to it, and pulls me in.

nut posted:

amazing sky!

thank you both so much, that means a lot to me

:love:

when I was approached to do this the idea seemed exactly what I like to do but I just want to give them the best that I can do so I've been struggling with completing it for about a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Prof. Crocodile posted:

ah these are good. thanks!

i think i'm going to queue up mouse, platypus, and some sort of large rodent--i tend to oversimplify the sculptures to make them balanced and easy to paint so tanuki/raccoon/wombat will probably all look similar, but let's see where the muse takes me.

e: oh aardvark is a good one too.

OK so I have another batch of animals: birb, ant, platypus, and mouse. Now I have to sand them, put base coats on them, do detail work, and glaze them.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OK so I have another batch of animals: birb, ant, platypus, and mouse. Now I have to sand them, put base coats on them, do detail work, and glaze them.

these are awesome, eagerly awaiting colors

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Trying out acrylic swiping today. This one is still drying. I think I might present it upside down.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jedrick posted:

Trying out acrylic swiping today. This one is still drying. I think I might present it upside down.

Looking like the last thing you see when a dragon is angry at you. I see the head at the top and the rest is the flames.

sig by owlhawk911

Crusader

read jack kirby's omac run recently and so

Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 21, 2021

:wq

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Some experimental stuff on medium format with a $15 Chinese camera with a plastic lens.

Megabound

Still plugging away with the pinhole, I know what I want do do with it, I just gotta find out exactly what's going to work

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Megabound posted:

Still plugging away with the pinhole, I know what I want do do with it, I just gotta find out exactly what's going to work

Oh sweet, I have a holga pinhole but I haven't developed any shots yet. Not even sure I've finished the first roll yet.

Robot Made of Meat

Pleiadian Light posted:

Oh sweet, I have a holga pinhole but I haven't developed any shots yet. Not even sure I've finished the first roll yet.

Any digital (or film) SLR can be a pinhole camera. Get a body cover (the plastic thing you put on the body when there's no lens on it), drill a medium-sized hole in the center of it, then put a very thin piece of metal or something in the hole (aluminum foil works, but it's fragile). Then poke or drill a very tiny hole in the metal.

Bam! Pinhole camera.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Indeed it can. You technically don't even need a camera. Hell you can use a plane hangar lol

https://www.reviewed.com/cameras/news/how-an-airplane-hangar-became-earths-biggest-camera

Robot Made of Meat

Pleiadian Light posted:

Indeed it can. You technically don't even need a camera. Hell you can use a plane hangar lol

https://www.reviewed.com/cameras/news/how-an-airplane-hangar-became-earths-biggest-camera

I'm too lazy to follow links, but if we're going there, "Camera" is from the Latin "Camera Oscura," which means "Hidden Room." The optical effect of a pinhole has been known for millennia, and at one time it was used to spy on others.

So, the earliest cameras were pinhole cameras, thousands of years before the image could be captured by any means other than someone sketching it out on the surface where the image was projected.

real nap shit

I've been making some ambient jams https://soundcloud.com/mathbonus/asdfghjkl/s-aEILoTjQLQi

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Some birds hanging out on a bricky building

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Here's another work in progress:

pixaal

Jedrick posted:

I see a pink pterodactyl crashing into an underground river

sig by owlhawk911

Prof. Crocodile

Jedrick posted:

this is amazing and i love it.

Robot Made of Meat

pixaal posted:

I see a pink pterodactyl crashing into an underground river

OK, when DON'T you see pink pterodactyls crashing into underground rivers?

deep dish peat moss

I draw way more than I can reasonably post anywhere, so this year I have barely been posting any art, here are a bunch of sketches/doodles I'm too lazy to post anywhere else what with hashtags and tags and captions and audience engagement and w/e

Terrariums:

Space thigns:

Whatever:

Trees:

This alien:

Or this one:

Or a cyclops witch:

Very realistic people:

drawing with luminance brushes on a black background

Got really high and made a logo for BYOB:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Hell yes

biosterous

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Khanstant

love this crystal blue tree

Prof. Crocodile

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OK so I have now painted the animals. They need to be cleaned up and glazed, but they are pretty much finished.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Those are truly incredible, Croc Doc. Do they have names?

Prof. Crocodile

KaBob posted:

Those are truly incredible, Croc Doc. Do they have names?

thanks!

they do not have names. although the mouse looks a little bit like a 'rory' to me.

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
That ant is calling my name, Professor.

FutonForensic

great art on this page

Robot Made of Meat

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OK so I have now painted the animals. They need to be cleaned up and glazed, but they are pretty much finished.

This is a silly, amazing, and completely worthwhile endeavor!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

these are beautiful

Prof. Crocodile

Luvcow posted:

these are beautiful

Thanks!

I have now finished and glazed them so they may be able to withstand the elements for a while when I release them into the wild over the next couple of weeks.

I am especially happy with the platypus. Although it's hard to see in the photo, all those multi-colored dots are pointy, and it has a lovely texture.

Prof. Crocodile

Literally A Person posted:

That ant is calling my name, Professor.

Fair enough. The ant is now named "Literally a Person". Not sure how this will go over in the ant community, but art is about challenging convention.

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Fair enough. The ant is now named "Literally a Person". Not sure how this will go over in the ant community, but art is about challenging convention.

This is gonna blow the other ant's minds :okpos:

deep dish peat moss

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i love them and would adopt one

deep dish peat moss

As always I've been drawing landscape after landscape and abandoning them halfway through but at least I am improving all the time. I kind of have a world built in my head that I want to tell a story through, or make my art interactive in some way beyond oh heres just a random picture, but no particular medium or method of doing that is calling out to me so for now I'm just explorin'

Coming soon if I don't get bored of working on this one is some colorful coral and flora and maybe some fishes. I've thought about making instructional videos or something where I go step by step through my methods because I use a lot of weird self-developed methods for doing things that people might find useful :shrug:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 12, 2021

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
I tend to do landscapes more than anything else just because I find them relaxing and I'm not actually good at painting. Can't remember if I ever posted this here, cause I use the app and can't see my post history, but content:

Prof. Crocodile

okiedoke posted:

I tend to do landscapes more than anything else just because I find them relaxing and I'm not actually good at painting. Can't remember if I ever posted this here, cause I use the app and can't see my post history, but content:

i love this. the color balance is :discourse:

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
Think I'm done with this one, though it never really had any direction from the start. A lot of pouring paint with way too much water cause I like the effect. Really enjoying all the stuff everyone's posted in here.

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

okiedoke posted:

Think I'm done with this one, though it never really had any direction from the start. A lot of pouring paint with way too much water cause I like the effect. Really enjoying all the stuff everyone's posted in here.

That's beautiful!!

Totally giving me energy-cloud being in space vibes. Love everything about it.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

pixaal

okiedoke posted:

It is a dragon made of lightning

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

okiedoke posted:

pixaal posted:

It is a dragon made of lightning

Yeah that's really striking!! I love it

Here's a dump of a bunch of traditional pieces I did over the last ~1.5 years similar to the digital dump earlier on this page but uhh, this is like 1/3 of the art I have lying around and I really need to find some way to organize/present it all

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 6, 2021