Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

Jedrick posted:

Yeah, it's poured acrylic paint. Basically I filled a cup with different colored layers of paint and poured it out across the canvas. Then you pick up and tilt the canvas to let the paint run across it, attempting to control the distortions of the patterns. Different methods of pouring make different effects. This was my first time trying this, but I'm going to keep experimenting.

I love your interpretation, I can't unsee that giant rooster lol. I kinda see the whole image as a ship cresting a wave and trying to outrun a storm at twilight. The upper right is like the moon and coming darkness, while the upper left is waning daylight. Different percieved imagery, but a similar emotion for sure.

Honestly, one of my favorite things about art is that as soon as it reaches the public it belongs to everyone. There's no wrong answers about how a piece makes an individual feel. One friend thought my painting was peaceful cliffs at a beach, and another called it a "psychedelic dong" and I just laughed my rear end off. Perception is beautiful.

Always good to see analog arts!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

reminds me of my grumpy old cat. here she is hanging out with my wife. (cat on the left, wife on the right)

I don't think I've seen an image that sums up "cat" better.

Robot Made of Meat

Portrait of Annie Glenn that I did for BFM's fantastic article.

I now realize that like most of my drawings, it is too dark

Counterpoint: Like most of your drawings, it's not too dark.

Robot Made of Meat

deep dish peat moss posted:

These are going to be some cool shirts I think

You are correct in so thinking.

Robot Made of Meat

The Saucer Hovers posted:

last medicine lei i did. sea glass collected, drilled, and strung by my hand

Lovely.

Robot Made of Meat

Pleiadian Light posted:

Oh sweet, I have a holga pinhole but I haven't developed any shots yet. Not even sure I've finished the first roll yet.

Any digital (or film) SLR can be a pinhole camera. Get a body cover (the plastic thing you put on the body when there's no lens on it), drill a medium-sized hole in the center of it, then put a very thin piece of metal or something in the hole (aluminum foil works, but it's fragile). Then poke or drill a very tiny hole in the metal.

Bam! Pinhole camera.

Robot Made of Meat

Pleiadian Light posted:

Indeed it can. You technically don't even need a camera. Hell you can use a plane hangar lol

https://www.reviewed.com/cameras/news/how-an-airplane-hangar-became-earths-biggest-camera

I'm too lazy to follow links, but if we're going there, "Camera" is from the Latin "Camera Oscura," which means "Hidden Room." The optical effect of a pinhole has been known for millennia, and at one time it was used to spy on others.

So, the earliest cameras were pinhole cameras, thousands of years before the image could be captured by any means other than someone sketching it out on the surface where the image was projected.

Robot Made of Meat

pixaal posted:

I see a pink pterodactyl crashing into an underground river

OK, when DON'T you see pink pterodactyls crashing into underground rivers?

Robot Made of Meat

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OK so I have now painted the animals. They need to be cleaned up and glazed, but they are pretty much finished.

This is a silly, amazing, and completely worthwhile endeavor!

Robot Made of Meat

Orbs, I haven't drawn a single thing in a year. I think I lost it.

What you have can't be lost, GSJG. It's always been there and it always will be. Sometimes it's just a little more elusive than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

deep dish peat moss posted:

I have a dedicated space for art again! I haven't had anywhere to sit and draw for like 8 months

I finished this up which I've been working on for a few weeks

You can't see it much in the photo but the mountain side is covered in strange runes written in gold ink, you can only catch 'em when the light hits it just right

And then since I could sit undisturbed and draw for a while I made this whole thing yesterday w/ a few finishing touches this morning

I enjoy these arts.