Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

edit:
This was a jumbled mess I rushed it commenting after getting a call and had to go do work things and wanted to submit.

These are both fantastic.

I really love the line work in the flower. It's very nice. I think with some color added you might even have something you could put on canvas and sell if you wanted to pursue that. I think I'm just not into flowers no famous flower paintings have done much for me beyond appreciating the skill involved in making the art. Your skill really does show and I don't want to undercut that just because I'm not interested in the subject matter of the piece.

The mouse looks almost alive. The look in the mouse's eye just makes me wonder what is he looking at. What is beyond the page. It's really really good. The piece looks complete but the scene looks like there is more to it beyond the page. Being a living creature might be part of it but I swear something is reflected in his eye. This is wonderful I wouldn't add any color to this. You could be selling stuff like this easily.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 25, 2019

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

I fixed my other post sorry it was 2 ideas at the same time of each painting and it was confusing before I hope this is more clear.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

Android Blues posted:

buy potions! fine potions!!

i'm working on clutter assets and thought this would be a nice place to share progress

This is fantastic, res looks a bit low for a full poster but I bet it'd make an amazing mini poster.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

Jedrick posted:

did this yesterday, wanted to try something new

This is painted? I swear it's moving and rippling and looks a bit like it used to be an image and was hit with a bunch of photoshop filters. But I see the edge of the canvas and I don't think that texture is a filter.

I really like it. The blue tinted oval in the center looks a bit like a Blizzard Entertainment fallen paladin type figure. Big sword in front while wearing a hood. Maybe some wings wrapping around a bit hard to tell and I'm sure that's intended.

There is a jagged white line under this that crosses the entire canvas the highest point, just under the paladin and to the left a bit is a big rooster and a skull. There's also a dog or horse head I haven't decided which over to the left. You don't make something like this wouldn't mentally thinking of parts of it as "something" so am I even remotely close to what you called these areas?

Top right has a circle that I like to think of as the sun and all the lines are the heat emanating from it hitting the central blob and being deflected, a powerful paladin in deed if that is what it is.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i sculpt small aminals from clay, paint them, add uplifting/depressing sayings, tag them with a dedicated instagram #

then when i travel i leave aminals behind for strangers to find

i am kicking off a new batch of aminals with a birb:

if you are curious as to what finished aminals look like here is a random sampling:

I'd probably take a picture of any of these if I saw it. I wouldn't take it because I would assume someone would come looking for it eventually (unless it was there for several days but someone else would probably just snag it first). These are really cool, and leaving them as gifts is a really cool idea.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

Android Blues posted:

one of the bigger looping backgrounds i've ever done! this is 2x2 so you can see how it loops and creates a second centre at the intersections. maybe still needs some work but i think it looks pretty

I kinda want this as big mouse pad.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

Jedrick posted:

Trying out acrylic swiping today. This one is still drying. I think I might present it upside down.

Looking like the last thing you see when a dragon is angry at you. I see the head at the top and the rest is the flames.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

Jedrick posted:

Here's another work in progress:

I see a pink pterodactyl crashing into an underground river

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

okiedoke posted:

Think I'm done with this one, though it never really had any direction from the start. A lot of pouring paint with way too much water cause I like the effect. Really enjoying all the stuff everyone's posted in here.

It is a dragon made of lightning

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

okiedoke posted:

Thanks all. I tried to turn the green and yellow pour into a Japanese style tree at first but quickly realized I lacked the talent, so went with more of a outer space vibe cause the background already had that look. I tend to paint over old things I don't like and add a result, it has a ton of texture you can't see in the pic.

DDP, your stuff reminds me of radiohead album covers or mural art. I really dig it.

I more see the storm cloud that is birthing the lightning dragon. Storm Dragon? It could be happening in space still maybe it's a nebula sized dragon.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

Can I help you find it?

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

deep dish peat moss posted:

ok I finished this

Looking at that bending unit I feel like I'm looking at myself as a robot looking over the crumbling remains of humanity after my brain finishes the transfer thousands of years after everyone else has already become a robot and hosed off into space. I'm not sure that's what you intended with that but the lights leaving the pyramid and going into space give me the feeling of leaving Earth and that little robot looks left behind. At least the whales survived.

I like it.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

deep dish peat moss posted:

Thanks everyone :blush: I am sticking with the theme but experimenting a little. yesterday I did this 8"x10" with like 99% brush markers which is a change for me, there are parts I really like but I'm not happy with it overall because I can't not see it as balls and a floppy dong lol, it was intended to be more like a quadripedal animal

I saw this the intended way and now can't unsee the spoiler in 2 ways one the balls are detached and on top the other it's a more artistic dong with balls in the right spot. Or maybe it's a stylized guy with his dong out no balls it's pants and a head

I need to look at the details now instead of the overall shape

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

These guys are neat, doing any combat animations using bones? Or is everything going to be completely handmade frames? (both styles are fun, bones you can obviously have someone way less skilled make some complicated animations in combat, they also aren't going to look as good as handmade but making every animation frame takes forever so balancing act!)

sig by owlhawk911