Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What mad fool drank Austin's beer!?! :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Apparently these people want Becky!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gimmicks are what the boys sell out the back when they're not buying flowers for their sweeties or toys for orphans, Ronda :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

So uh, what does the winner get?

Bragging rights and being able to claim they're the most deadly/threatening of the three competitors in Wrestlemania's main event.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All three beat the clock matches happening in the opening 15 minutes of the show is... an interesting decision.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Sorry to be a bummer but it truly is awful that there were 3 Parkland suicides in a week.

gently caress, I'd heard there had been two, no idea there was a third. That's horrible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

People having beat the clock challenges and not winning them are one of those things I'd appreciate if my wrestling was working hard to try and seem like a legitimate sporting competition but as story telling this is kinda dumb at least have the match be longer than a minute thirty

Was it Super Crazy who beat one of the competitors in a Beat the Clock challenge to establish who got a title shot, and they straight up said,"Well that doesn't count because only the guy he beat was fighting for a title shot?

DeepDickPizza posted:

There weren't 3 Parkland suicides. The third one was a Sandy Hook dad. :(

Jesus Christ :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

it's still really loving funny to me that they spend TV time jerking off their follower counts

DID YOU KNOW they have over ONE BILLION social media followers? And also that this figure is utterly meaningless!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

It is super thirsty but follower count is a big thing for anyone on social media. It's not meaningless to influencers.

I hate every single word I just read, maybe because I just saw what they replaced Gillian Anderson with on American Gods :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

*In the WWE writers room*

'We want you to do a segment on how many social media followers we have. We expect you to painstakingly trawl through every wrestlers social media account as well as our official ones and to tally the final total for us. Also make sure whatever it is it sounds good'

*manager walks out, I scrawl the words '1 billion social media followers' on the script in pen and then go take the next seven hours at lunch*

*Vince will never fire me, I get him too well*

Back in the 90s I think they had that pre-show video that would air talking up how popular they were, and I think if I remember right they declared they were available in more countries than actually existed in the world? :laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I want them to get to a point where Black's entrance is a couple of overweight stagehands with cigarettes dangling limply from their lips grumpily hauling him up off the ground by the arms.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Congrats to the NEW Tag Team Champi... oh, yeah. Right.

That said:

Codependent Poster posted:

Double Black Mass owned

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

pressedbunny posted:

Have Revival won a single match since getting the titles?

They won one match on Raw (by DQ!) and the title match at Fastlane.

There have been a bunch of live event matches too so maybe they picked up more wins there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

I care about Drew

I would also like to state my affection, for that particular wrestler.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Drew misunderstood and thought Roman wanted him to make sure he never had any more family!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

DICK PUNCH MANIA IS BACK

Some things just always work in wrestling, and punching somebody on the dick is one of them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

Of course the announcers don't care that Roman cheapshotted Drew first!

To be fair, Drew kickstarted all this by jumping Roman from behind when he was waiting for a match with Corbin, and Roman was face to face with him when he punched him today.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dean's like,"Oh it's okay, it was just a little punch on the dick, Roman will be good."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

so uhhh...what's going on with Dean? like...at all?

As far as anybody knows, he's still planning to leave when his contract runs out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

"I know you murdered me the last time we did a no DQ match, but let's do a no DQ match"

To be fair to Flair, they did actually make a point in their last match that even after Drew hit Dean with that sick Claymore Kick through the rail, Dean ended up getting back up and crawling back to fight some more, so Last Man Standing actually makes some sense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bayley should grab a mic and say,"Hey Nattie... Nattie... actually... you are... you should be the... you shut up!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Asking the important questions here!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If you can eat enough fries, they'll let you touch The Globe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Some people might disagree, but goddamn I loved The Hart Foundation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Drew McIntyre posted:

i thought the hart foundation was already in the hall of fame

Bret is, not Anvil.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait wait I heard about Angle/AJ tomorrow, but Angle/Samoa Joe tonight!?! :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Power Windows posted:

Who would disagree about that? Personally I think they include Bulldog and Pillman.

The arguments I've heard are that in their prime as a tag team they were midcard or upper midcard, and since they were never treated as the absolute best in WWF during that period it is silly that they're going in. I always dug the Hart Foundation as a kid (British Bulldogs too) so I'm more than happy to see them going in, and plus of course it's the WWE Hall of Fame so it's not like there are any actual limitations or qualifications that are required besides Vince deciding who he wants to go in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Why are they having Kurt wrestle people way better than Corbin? It's just going to make that WM match look that much worse.

One would assume it's to set up a twist where Corbin either gets dropped at the last minute and replaced by Cena, or that he destroys Corbin in seconds and then gets a mic to demand a real challenge, and Cena comes out to reenact his debut back in the early 2000s.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This storyline is just completely loving dead. Nobody gives a poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jiro posted:

Did Alexa get "work done"?

I imagine she had a solid fence constructed a long while back so her pet pig doesn't get outside and run amok :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I like the pauses for applause/laughter that just aren't coming.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

Isnt that pretty much all wwe storylines.

Most of them are actually cheered or booed appropriately, even Roman nowadays! This one is just absolutely loving dead though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well at least the cheap heat worked! :thumbsup:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

That was at least "I'm strong enough that I can beat the tag champs with a child as a partner" even though it's dumb

HIROSHI TANAHASHI WAS RIGHT THERE WITH HIS HAND UP :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

They're on SNL in 2019 so

WWE explained that their segments go on way too long, burning out any goodwill from even the stuff that is well-received initially. They replied that they were touched WWE was going out of their way to make them feel welcome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

....loving hell no :cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

This is a live interview

Yeah when he started yelling over the crowd chanting I realized it was actually happening live :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

I'm here for Joe-Angle

How do you guys sit through this poo poo

Joe vs. Angle tonight! :woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Madison Square Garden! There's gonna be a great wrestling show there soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

why is wwe working with the dirty libs of snl?

Brand Synergy!