Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Podima posted:

Let's do D and D, indeed.

Vote: +1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

1E. It seemed like Da wanted something from that lady, maybe if you gave her a nail she would give it to you. It sounded like she wanted more money.

2B. You offer to talk to people for her! Your sister seems nervous and maybe you can help by asking herbalists or travelling merchants about fantastic things to learn and do out there in the world!

3:

C. You explore the markets where there's always someone new. You try and find interesting people like merchants or travellers.

D. You sneak out of town into the hills north of town. You don't go far, but you love dust-free air and it's much quieter

H. You always have fun playing with Kel, you ask him to join you on your adventures this month.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

B. Do you help her out, but only one of every three Toils? You’ll still get a lot of time to keep exploring.

G. Something else – “Yes Mother.”

D. Something else – “Reddies are Bullying Jerks.”

D. You grab whatever courage you have and grab some sharp rocks.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

C. Look around a little bit more and see if you can find anything, such as tea herbs or flowers or some such before heading back. If you’ve judged the time correctly you’ll just make it home in time.

E. Intrigued! You wonder what other animals are around here. You wonder if they taste good. Maybe you could find some wild animals and make stew from them some day

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: G. Say yes, tell him everything about going for a walk north, throwing rocks at the rats and looking for tea herbs to help the Tavern and your family out by getting new tasting tea herbs!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

C. Promise you’ll never bring home any more herbs. You really enjoyed getting away though, so you want to keep ranging well past the city walls and finding things. You just won’t bring them back! Simple!

B. You’re happy overall with how Jeffrey spends his time, but don’t want to timeskip, you want to live out the individual time and are in no rush to reach Duty.

What's the rush? Let's enjoy this story.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

3.Do you have any questions for your parents while you wait?

"How do I get permits to do other jobs? What if I only have a permit for something I don't want to do?"

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

E. Naive. You’re not going to see Imogen for many years.

C. buy a leather sling to fling rocks at rats in safety!

F. You hang around in the markets, chatting to merchants, guards travelers.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: B. try and haggle for a leather sling

We're going for the 'King David' run.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

1. Should you buy the permit?

"Hey Mister, how about you give me the permit now, and I give you the money I make every month selling the kills, plus, I give you the best kill of the week, until I make up all 12 coppers?"

"Hey Mister, why is everyone so obsessed with money around here anyways?"

"Hey Mister, What's going to happen to all those farmers that lost their farms?"

"Hey Mister, are you going to do something about them brigands?"

"Hey Mister, what's a quota?"

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: B. Refuse the deal, you will go buy a sling instead and try and kill rats anyway!

I'm not giving this guy the crude from beneath my shoes, let alone 12 nails.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah I'm here for this, seems like a con.

Complete and total con job; let's just walk away.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

F. Freeform – “I would have gladly bought you a sling too, Kel, if you only had asked me first.”

C. Sneak into the mine with Kel. You’ve never been inside, but maybe you’d find some sweet rocks there to fling about at bats or something?

busb posted:

PS Sorry about the delay! Work deadlines don't mix well with short weeks...

:wave: Don’t worry about it! Life comes first!!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

“Before you go, here.” She reaches up to her hair and takes are brooch of some sort out of her raven-black hair, which then falls loosely down around her shoulders. She reaches inside your tunic and pins it inside your breast.

Whelp. That's Mom, deader than a doornail then. :argh:

Vote: B. You want to do as much as you can to help out financially.

Our family doesn't need us getting into trouble with reckless heroics right now.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: E. Take a moment and look around. Take everything in. Observe. Try and figure out if there’s anything you’ve missed that you can use.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Vote 1 - The great outdoors

Vote:

A. You show her your sling and ask for tips!

D. You walk on in silence, but try and contact the Ruby somehow (what do you try?)

Think really hard into our chest scar tissue / metal sub-dermal implant for help; our family is about to collapse, if He wants us to help in the future, we need His help in the present

E. You ask her if she knows anyone you should speak to in Vise, or anything to watch out for

F. You think you may have disappointed her earlier, maybe you spend some time talking about helping her or how you can help the family’s fortunes in the future?

busb posted:

Vote 2 - Loot your lot

G. You happily agree. Your mother knows what is customary and will deal with it. You’ll probably end up giving them about 1 knuckle each.

Maybe we can make a deal with the farmer for a loan?

Ia. Spend a day trying to find and follow the pack mule’s tracks. Your mother isn’t a hunter or tracker though, and the trail is days old. Still, you might get lucky? - Spend 2 days looking!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Vote 1 - ARGH IT’S A WORM!!

Vote: Ba. You call in panic for your mother, before running

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Vote 1 - Hard as nails

Vote: A. Let your father handle it all and sell everything, AND, can we tag along to see how it's done?

busb posted:

Vote 2 - Memento more for I

Vote: H. Keep the leather pouch

busb posted:

Do you want to do anything before Storm hits?

Vote:

L. You stay in the tavern, but try to contact Him in earnest and in your private bedroom.

AND

O. Focus on the exercises your mother showed you, try some running.

busb posted:

Please note votes for X. I'm happy to skip forward to the next cycle and phase in Jeffrey's life at this stage and if people are bored with the slow pace.

You keep asking, and honestly, I for one really like the slow and measured progression. :ocelot: :)

Unless you're in a hurry to skip through the rest of 'character creation'? :)

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

. . . but like all writers i crave feedback and am looking at how to improve and it's a way of seeing if pacing is an issue for some people. :)

No worries! :respek:

Your world building is awesome, really digging' this proto-psuedo caste and religious fundamentalism dictatorial feudal setting (as a story, would be a horrible way to live).

Which is why I'm happy to take a 'slow burn' approach to Chapter 0: Character Creation.

Anytime you'd like some feedback, just let us know! :)

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Vote 1 - A Friend farewell

Vote: B. Proud: Kel is going to follow his dreams of adventure and glory!

busb posted:

Vote 2 - Farewell to Family

Vote: G. You think about all the things your family has done for you. You are thankful for their love and support. You aren’t sure what the future holds, but you know your family will be there for you in the future, should you need them. And you’ll be smarter, stronger, and be able to support them too.

And, whether you celebrate it or not, Happy Fourth!!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Storm has begun early again.

I do hope 'Ruby' is in a benevolent mood.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Update is progressing in the background. You know not what you have done to me...

Hey, you're the one who gave us the option of not wallowing in the dirt for the rest of our lives. :colbert:

Although, to be fair, I would have been happy to remain 'Tavernboy'.

busb posted:

Here's something to tide you over:

Where's the secret Illuminati / Skulls and Bones Society Chapter-house?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

What do you say?

Vote: B. You entreat the sturdy militiawoman instead.

And, can we not be too whining about it?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Vote 1 - Whooooo are you?

Vote: C. Confidently shake his hand, reply with gusto and ask what Whisper is like, you’ve never spoken to anyone from there!

busb posted:

Vote 2 - What tickles your fancy, Jeffrey?

Vote: G. You don’t really know right now, it’s all quite overwhelming. You’ll wait and see what classes actually teach you before you get too excited.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Here's what i propose:

Oh heck yeah!

I knew all this was just deep cover for one of them Japanese High School simulators! :ocelot: :)

Definitely onboard for more world building, and, finding that unlock which will allow us to take the management track / world domination / necromancy 6th class.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

Question time

Hey Fabricist Lauzen . . .

1) How do you know all our names?

2) What's a Lexicographists?

3) What do the Anterologists find? Is it all from before the Liberator?

4) What are the other exams?

5) Do all the other children from Vise already know how to read?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

After this, she pauses. “But before that, mathematics; division. Say you owed half your 31 knuckles for Duty, how many nails would you have? Consider…”

Somehow I don't see Jeffrey being a STEM major.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Natural 20 posted:

gently caress it, we're going full economist. I want to be told about regressions and I want to be told about them now.

Soup to nuts, I'm 100% certain that these Vise Quantologists are 'doin' it wrong'.

Correlation does not equate causation, and running 'equations' in the hundreds of variables range sounds exactly like regression analysis, which is pointless when trying to forecast future 'unknown' events.

You can't hand crank out the sheer numbers involved in predicting things like the weather, and mathematical modeling actually uses very few variables, its just recalculated a billion billion times over a finite grid space.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

. . . Quantum . . .

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

busb posted:

You enter a room of the like you’ve never seen before. Wooden benches run around the perimeter of the huge-roofed room, and there are tools, both stone and metal lying around that you’ve never seen before.

Shop Class!?? Effin' Shop Class!!??!

busb posted:

Vote 1 - A hat in the shade

Vote: Make a 'Thinking Cap'

I know it seems odd, and, in this setting, I feel like you could legitimately make a 'hat' that helps you with the 'book learnings'.