Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I used to box. When you get clipped in the chin just right, it rotates your head so that when it snaps back your brain bounces against your skull. This creates a weird disorientation like someone flipped the power switch on your consciousness and it has to reset.

I thought that sensation was unique to boxing, but drat if OPs steaming dog turd of a hot take didn't make my brain go numb in the exact same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Bust Rodd posted:

Wu Tang clan is garbage and they suck live and Ghostface & RZA are the only members who actually know what the gently caress is happenning at any given moment in time. RIP ODB, you were overrated but still the 3rd best member of what is essentially ICP for black people.

Oh god a hot take war...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Zelder posted:

Lmao you really are like this just all over every forum, drat

Relentlessly correct? You betta believe it!

You should lurk moar

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

No please continue fighting over which of you has worse taste lol.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Kak posted:

MC Chris ftw

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
You know what was a real underrated album?

Hold It Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nswFRvplgMY

Who'da thunk that Das EFX losing the "playskool" rap motif would lead to their best work.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CWNkVWBi38

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I remember the cd had nudity on it. Was kind of annoyed because when I opened my cd case people would think I was some pervert.

Now I won’t deny being a pervert but I like to have this fact remain a mystery for a while at least!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this is an album more people should know imo, amazing rhymes and some of the best madlib beats ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evDdMc3BZ6k

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Not the Stankonia thread mate.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I feel like Outkast was poisoned for me because the first song I ever heard by them was "Ms Jackson" and I had heard a thousand times and that song is garbage and pretty much made me hate Andre 3000s voice forever. Sucks, because they're really good but every time Andre is on the mic I just want to turn it to something else.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Resting Lich Face posted:

Their only song anyone gives a poo poo about is Hey Ya and anyone who says otherwise is living in the past.

jesus i've seen a lot of bad posts about music from goons but i think this one might be exceptionaly bad

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I dunno this one is pretty terrible too.

Julius CSAR posted:

I feel like Outkast was poisoned for me because the first song I ever heard by them was "Ms Jackson" and I had heard a thousand times and that song is garbage and pretty much made me hate Andre 3000s voice forever. Sucks, because they're really good but every time Andre is on the mic I just want to turn it to something else.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Tolkien minority posted:

It's actually a nearly perfect album and you're a loving idiot OP

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Grape posted:

I dunno this one is pretty terrible too.

you're right, thats an insane thing to say about one of the best mcs ever, like literally one of the best and coolest

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol i like outkast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsUSlR7tTEs

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
father = big boi
son = janelle monae
holy spirit = andre 3000

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Caesar Saladin posted:

you're right, thats an insane thing to say about one of the best mcs ever, like literally one of the best and coolest

I’m allowed to not like things you like

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Julius CSAR posted:

I’m allowed to not like things you like

It wasn't the dislike for me. It was that you somehow grew up somewhere where you didn't hear an Outkast song until like 2004. Where?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Drunk Nerds posted:

It wasn't the dislike for me. It was that you somehow grew up somewhere where you didn't hear an Outkast song until like 2004. Where?

I grew up in Kansas City so it was definitely available to me, however back then I was not into hip-hop at all and actively avoided it as an edgy dumb teen. Now I love it, but Andre's voice still grates on me. Sorry I have opinions that aren't also your opinions :jerkbag:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I like ATLiens better than Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik (the which is also a v good album)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Julius CSAR posted:

I grew up in Kansas City so it was definitely available to me, however back then I was not into hip-hop at all and actively avoided it as an edgy dumb teen. Now I love it, but Andre's voice still grates on me. Sorry I have opinions that aren't also your opinions :jerkbag:

lmao at this guy and his sacred opinions, how dare anybody encroach on the sanctity of his opinions

this is just my opinion though

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

It sounded like music I'd use if I wanted to fall asleep.

Just listened to ATLiens for the 1st time and gotta say this is pretty accurate.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
yea the mid 90s am I right fuckin snoresville

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Julius CSAR posted:

Wow, the worst post of all time!!! Congrats!!

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I feel like Outkast and Andre 3000 both get well-deserved acclaim, but somehow Big Boi himself still manages to be criminally underrated.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I feel like he might be more popular if he chose a snappier name. Insisting on "Big boi daddy fat sacks the friend of the family that likes them cadillacs" must raise an eyebrow or two when picking a font size at the business card printers.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Kak posted:

MC Chris ftw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fish and chips and dip posted:

I feel like Outkast and Andre 3000 both get well-deserved acclaim, but somehow Big Boi himself still manages to be criminally underrated.

his first solo album is an absolute classic. that song with Gucci Mane is an all-timer

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The craziest thing about Outkast is that despite being one of the most unapologetically black groups in music, they also successfully bridged a racial divide. Hey Ya and Bombs Over Baghdad were massively popular songs that were so beloved, Ms. Jackson and Roses less so but still huge songs... OutKast pulled as many white fans into hip hop as Eminem did for rap, deciding that songs about peace, love, and heartbreak were worth singing instead of the anger and violence endemic in most hip hop at the time.

They were one of the biggest and most successful bands in music history, and then they released a musical that was basically a prototype hip-hopera and like... maybe 50 people watched it. I have idlewild on my computer. I don’t think I’ve ever even listened to it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This thread is a rap battle of bad takes.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

You know what was a real underrated album?

Hold It Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nswFRvplgMY

Who'da thunk that Das EFX losing the "playskool" rap motif would lead to their best work.

fuckin love that album. still got the CD even.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

I think you must have heard this version and not the real one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSwT1uaMvUY

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Julius CSAR posted:

For me, it's not "goon likes different thing," it's "goon can't enjoy an artist's entire body of work because of one bad song that got overplayed 15 years ago." So who you placing the blame on, when you keep citing the same song? I didn't mean to make you mad, I apologize a trillion times. I'm just trying to explain why people are fixating on your specific comment.

That's really weird to me. To me, that's like actively avoiding Italian food for years, then being forced to eat spaghetti for a month, so now... all pizza, even when eaten at a pretty picnic, tastes horrible?

Take the Rolling Stones: They have a slew of horrible songs that get insanely overplayed, but despite that, millions of people show them utmost respect despite the fact they fell through.

I guess people are just wired differently. That would be tough for me to feel like this forever.

forever, forever, ever, forever, ever?

God that song sucks. Reviewing the lyrics gave me a cringe-hump

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 27, 2019

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

OutKast pulled as many white fans into hip hop as Eminem did for rap,

lol at thinking rap and hip-hop are different music genres ittyool 2019

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Bust Rodd posted:

They were one of the biggest and most successful bands in music history, and then they released a musical that was basically a prototype hip-hopera and like... maybe 50 people watched it. I have idlewild on my computer. I don’t think I’ve ever even listened to it.

Idlewild was quite good, in fact. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that likes outkast.

To the goon that grew to dislike them because of overexposure to one song, I've been there with different bands so I get where you're coming from.

It's a shame, tho :(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Grape posted:

lol at thinking rap and hip-hop are different music genres ittyool 2019

LoL at thinking you’re right about this

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

This thread is a rap battle of bad takes.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL at thinking you’re right about this

Well I mean I'm going against you on it so I'm feeling pretty confident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
someone just needs to say “intelligent hip hop” and the whole thread will time travel to a brother ali concert