Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I've been thinking about why Murph is such a great character. Here's what I have so far.

* He's clearly not supposed to be ranger material in the first place, and everyone around him knows it.
* Except, a significant percentage of the supporting cast doesn't qualify as "competent" either. That portion knows just enough to get into trouble, then dump their job on the player.
* Therefore: Because he's not trusted with real duties, Murph never dumps his own work on you. That last mission was the closest he gets, and it's in a separate mode from the main story.
* On a related note, he has a generally pleasant personality, with no unwarranted arrogance (or even that much laziness).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I entirely forgot about the fact that no eggs have apparently ever been seen in Fiore. That leaves with a lot of questions. Is every single Pokemon in Fiore imported from other regions? Are they born differently? This is so weird.

Remember how it took millennia of living together before a certain old couple first found a pokemon egg (Chancey doesn't count)? What about that secret bulbasaur evolution ceremony back in Season 1 of the anime?

Pokemon have always been hiding huge parts of their life cycles from humans. And since Fiore doesn't have trainers, there's no surprise no one's scrutinized the habitats hard enough to find an actual nest.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Boy named Kellyn