Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I honestly can't remember if I had trouble with this part the first time I played but when I went through it again recently it was pretty easy. The part that really stuck in mind as being a lot of trouble from the first time I played is a ways away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
It seems to me that a lot of the trouble is coming from the fact that it's being emulated instead of being played on the ds. I won't deny that it is rough around the edges but outside of the boss I don't remember this trial being that difficult.

I think you mentioned it earlier, Num, but didn't you have to slow down the game during captures? What was the reason for that , if you did do it and I'm not just mistaken?

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

mateo360 posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no

I have played the game before and I don't remember running into the difficulties Num has had in normal capture. I'm just saying that I think there might be notable difference in using a stylus and using a mouse cursor during a capture.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I just watched the video for this update and I now understand what the apparent difference was between my experience playing this game and the lp.

When I played through the game I always tried to get my capture as quick as I could. As soon as I saw an opening, I'd draw loops around the pokemon as quick as I could so I wouldn't have to deal with their attack. The only time I would bait out an attack was if it was difficult to deal with like a beam attack. After seeing how Num is playing it's easier to see why they're having some trouble with parts that were easy to me.