Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
minor reminder: if you have a somewhat recent CPU, try DXVK if you're playing any of the older Borderlands. For me TPS went from dropping down to 80, to a rock solid 140 (my monitor cap). weaker CPUs might get occasional hitches from shader compilation, but they're basically undetectable on my three year old middle of the road i5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I decided to start poking at Borderlands 2 again with some friends. Is there a good Salvador leveling build? I used to be able to find a good one, but the stuff I remember seems to be missing from Google.

Honestly, it seems to kinda be hard to find leveling builds for these games in general...

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Welcome to the internet in 2024, it will only get worse from here.

But if the guides were on the official forums (which were shut down a while ago), you might use some old links and find the threads on the Wayback Machine. There are also Discords that archived those links, and you can probably find a bunch of discussions on Reddit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

orcane posted:

But if the guides were on the official forums (which were shut down a while ago)

Dang, there was a lot of good stuff on there

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I decided to start poking at Borderlands 2 again with some friends. Is there a good Salvador leveling build? I used to be able to find a good one, but the stuff I remember seems to be missing from Google.

Honestly, it seems to kinda be hard to find leveling builds for these games in general...
Salvador is probably the easiest and most powerful character and doesn't really need anything specific to get to max level, you'll only want guides when (if) you do UVHM stuff and there's lots specific to that on Reddit still. Just pick whatever skills and guns look fun and enjoy!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It’s been forever, but my recollection of leveling Sal is that it wasn’t the most fun

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Pure opinion, but with how old the game is, if you're worried about leveling "builds" i'd say just cheat. If you just want endgame content jump to endgame content. And if you want to reexperience the game there's no real point for focusing on any specific build since its easy to quickly outstrip your opposition until you're topping out UVHM.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Rinkles posted:

It’s been forever, but my recollection of leveling Sal is that it wasn’t the most fun

Yeah he sucks whenever he's not gunzerking and you need to be almost finished the main story the first time to climb down the middle tree for maximum gunzerking. Once you get him online he shreds stuff in endgame but I had a much easier time levelling all the other characters.

orcane posted:

Welcome to the internet in 2024, it will only get worse from here.

But if the guides were on the official forums (which were shut down a while ago), you might use some old links and find the threads on the Wayback Machine. There are also Discords that archived those links, and you can probably find a bunch of discussions on Reddit.

I managed to save a bunch of BL3 related stuff but didn't think to save anything BL2 related. It's a shame because a bunch of stuff was also lost from the first time they did a migration of the forums software.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Rinkles posted:

It's true, Sal doesn't get great until you can get a capstone and some excellent guns. The first few levels should focus on survival imo. Passively regenerating health is very nice to have early in the game, and once you have access to class mods you can look into the Hoarder set for passive ammo regen and whichever blue skill adds ammo instead of consuming it when you fire a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
drat I really enjoyed getting Sal to the endgame. Also FYI the Lillith DLC let's you start any character at level 30 in TVHM if you wanna skip the first run through.