Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

That's WAY more than can be expected from patches. Maybe in BL4. Just kidding, there won't be a BL4 since Randy is driving the company into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's not a live service game or MMO, it doesn't need balance :v:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

just pick a random SMG or shotgun or something and add a 0 to one of its numbers, there! now there's 1 more good gun. Also the OPQ does negative damage now and the yellowcake is cosmetic only

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Maybe weapon balance will lead to more variety in builds. The transformer needs to be nerfed big time too, far too samey with other shields for much, much higher utility.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
apparently the new anoints, or some of them anyway, are cartel only. that sucks. i assumed they were added to add much need variety, since anointments have a big effect on how you play.

honestly, that just makes we want to jump back in even less, cause the one good bit of the patch won't be a part of the game's future.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rinkles posted:

apparently the new anoints, or some of them anyway, are cartel only. that sucks. i assumed they were added to add much need variety, since anointments have a big effect on how you play.

honestly, that just makes we want to jump back in even less, cause the one good bit of the patch won't be a part of the game's future.

Which anointments?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Listerine posted:

Which anointments?

unclear. might be all of them (you know the 200% weapon damage during AS, 150% rad, 300% weapon damage 90% health etc)

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Risky Bisquick posted:

Maybe weapon balance will lead to more variety in builds. The transformer needs to be nerfed big time too, far too samey with other shields for much, much higher utility.

Get outta here and leave my Transformer alone.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Monolith. posted:

Get outta here and leave my Transformer alone.

I use transformers on both my mains and I’m honestly getting a little tired of absolutely no other shield in the game being viable

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

anybody having ridiculous lag in Co-op? I'm trying to play with my brother, and neither of us can host anymore, whoever joins the game gets multiple seconds of lag. I tried googling it and every single post is a year old and referencing some patch that supposedly will fix it. Are the servers just getting hammered today or something?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
With Zane's damage boost depending on how fast he's moving, is the damage calculated based on how fast he was moving when he fires the gun or how fast he's moving when the shot lands on the enemy?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Listerine posted:

With Zane's damage boost depending on how fast he's moving, is the damage calculated based on how fast he was moving when he fires the gun or how fast he's moving when the shot lands on the enemy?

when he fires, unless you're dealing with stickies, in which case it's zane's speed at the time of detonation.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sex Hobbit posted:

I use transformers on both my mains and I’m honestly getting a little tired of absolutely no other shield in the game being viable

There's also the Old God but yeah, that's about it unless something plays really well to a gimmick build. Maybe the Rough Rider.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What about Front Loaders with the under 50% anointment?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Sex Hobbit posted:

I prefer to use the purple amp shield full time but in 4P you can’t manage aggro perfectly and go down too much so it’s version 0.m, old god, or whatever non gimmick you have in your bag. I have 4 different transformers in my bag now it’s just ridiculous. Maybe Version o.m, or old god depending, but the transformer is just such a generalist survivable shield.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Risky Bisquick posted:

I prefer to use the purple amp shield full time

a one shotter? did you get it legitimately?

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

I do have a transformers and I like it for lightning fights but normally I use this.

The anoint is no good but I really like the other stuff.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Rinkles posted:

a one shotter? did you get it legitimately?

I didn't find it in a machine or world drop no. Some guy had an extra in his vault and gave me it with a boom sickle after we were exchanging items, though I'm going to wishfully assume it was a vending machine find. I've checked it in the item editor and it has the right things in the right places. So I really can't say where it is from, but that guy was telling me he didn't care because he will just re-download another youtubers save profile which seems to be pretty popular on PC.

I can make copies if anyone wants, I'm still looking at every health machine I come across, and all purple shield world drops for the past month to see if they actually spawn.

e: BL3(AwAAAADdZoC5NNiAkzsYfj4/P02AggsA)

On that note I've been experimenting with different versions of guns I have with parts, 2x Kaosan is really not that great. I have a legit 5500 300/90 Kaosan which was pretty insane, the top item seems to be 7000ish which is quite a bit better than the 5500. Base damage seems to really matter when you factor in all the skills, elemental damage on ASE, and guardian ranks (+5% per element effecting).

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 17, 2020

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Could they make the DEATH skull any more loving terrifying? Just upped myself to M8 tonight and i figured it wouldn't be so ba-JESUS CHRIST IT'S EYES!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Has there ever been a study into if character specific mods and anoinments are more likely to be for the character you're playing at the time? It's a lot easier for me to farm for Yellowcakes as Amara, but I want a SNTNL Cryo one for my Zane. True of a bunch of weapons actually.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

I swear Maurice says steaming and erect when you put the golden mask on the fountain

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

Has there ever been a study into if character specific mods and anoinments are more likely to be for the character you're playing at the time?

Every time I have seen the topic mentioned on Gearbox forums and other places, several people have made unsourced statements that your active character gets a higher drop chance for the appropriate mod. So you're not the first one to ask about it but there's also no definitive information. One thing I'll point out (in case you weren't aware) is you want the mod for Zane, but he only represents 25% of the characters. So even if his drop rate is higher for his mod class, unless the "currently playing character drop rate" is higher to offset the general rate, you're still going to see tons for the other 75% of the characters. Probably enough to make it seem unfair.

edit: By the way, farming Yellowcake drops from the boss is doable but all of the ones I have gotten have come from world/combat drops of teleported mini-bosses. I don't know if that means that it's better to farm the boss or just to level with the teleport beacons turned on.

PoopinClumpin fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 20, 2020

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Strom Thermos posted:

I swear Maurice says steaming and erect when you put the golden mask on the fountain

It's something about "steaming heart nectar"

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Floppychop posted:

It's something about "steaming heart nectar"

Oh I have subtitles on, I just don’t believe them

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

PoopinClumpin posted:

Every time I have seen the topic mentioned on Gearbox forums and other places, several people have made unsourced statements that your active character gets a higher drop chance for the appropriate mod. So you're not the first one to ask about it but there's also no definitive information. One thing I'll point out (in case you weren't aware) is you want the mod for Zane, but he only represents 25% of the characters. So even if his drop rate is higher for his mod class, unless the "currently playing character drop rate" is higher to offset the general rate, you're still going to see tons for the other 75% of the characters. Probably enough to make it seem unfair.

edit: By the way, farming Yellowcake drops from the boss is doable but all of the ones I have gotten have come from world/combat drops of teleported mini-bosses. I don't know if that means that it's better to farm the boss or just to level with the teleport beacons turned on.

I've looked at the Cartel gear I have and I think it's all Cartel anointments, I'm not sure it's possible to get them with non-cartel ones? I thought I saw a SNTNL Cryo Yellowcake listed on Reddit but maybe that's wrong

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gearbox decided the make the new anoints permanent, so that's cool

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
My wife and I just started playing through BL3 for the first time (I'm Amara, she's Moze), and we'd been enjoying the difficulty level. Most of the time you feel like an unstoppable killing machine, but there are enough extra-large battles and bosses to add some great tense moments.

Then we did the Cartel missions around level 15 or so.

The legendaries that dropped for us are so far beyond anything else that the next ~15 levels of campaign missions have been a complete joke. I know everyone loves the Yellowcake, but the O.P.Q. System assault rifle is also completely broken at this level. Badasses are dying before we realize they're there. Even bosses are melting under our combined fire.

I know eventually we'll outlevel the gear, but my O.P.Q. is level 17, and it's still obliterating everything at level 26. Heck, I'm not even using gun-spec Amara.

We're still having fun, but it's strange how Gearbox didn't balance the Cartel weapons a little better, at least at non-endgame levels.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
The Yellowcake and O.P. Q-System are heavily outperforming, the Kaosan is just out performing the smgs. Honestly I wouldn't use them during your first play through at all it robs you of your first experience enjoyment.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
New DLC next month: https://borderlands.com/en-US/bountyofblood/

New vehicles, cosmetics that are aren't mascot heads, interesting environments. No mention of my boy Sal though :(

edit: and another Takedown and a golden key code https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-05-21-borderlands-show-dlc-3-guardian-takedown/

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 21, 2020

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Sex Hobbit posted:

New DLC next month: https://borderlands.com/en-US/bountyofblood/

New vehicles, cosmetics that are aren't mascot heads, interesting environments. No mention of my boy Sal though :(

edit: and another Takedown and a golden key code https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-05-21-borderlands-show-dlc-3-guardian-takedown/

I'm sure Gaige wasn't mentioned in the last DLC announcement. Also a good time for them to decide Nissa isn't dead.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm sure Gaige wasn't mentioned in the last DLC announcement. Also a good time for them to decide Nissa isn't dead.

It'd probably be easier lore-wise for them to put Fiona in it

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

BizarroAzrael posted:

Possible

Sex Hobbit posted:

It'd probably be easier lore-wise for them to put Fiona in it

I don't think they care given how they tossed out TPS and most of TFTBL

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
We're on the Blood Path now, oh yeah!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

Possible

I don't think they care given how they tossed out TPS and most of TFTBL

The first DLC centered on a TPS character, and Claptrap recounts at least Claptastic Voyage on the radio. And Rhys and Vaughn return, and there's an audio log about Fiona and Sasha's absence.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
What about the ending though? This is the last dlc to tie that in

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Risky Bisquick posted:

What about the ending though? This is the last dlc to tie that in

They teased the fourth DLC and it's about Kreig.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I'm taking the addition of a new vehicle to mean "More huge, mostly empty maps with tedious vehicle combat that no-one ever asked for".

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
I'm going to be sad-mad if Athena doesn't show up in one of these DLCs.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The weird thing about BL vehicle combat is how bad it's balanced. Eventually your vehicle guns do almost no damage. Likewise kills with vehicles generate no XP for *reasons*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Katt posted:

The weird thing about BL vehicle combat is how bad it's balanced. Eventually your vehicle guns do almost no damage. Likewise kills with vehicles generate no XP for *reasons*

In the first game running an enemy over (on higher difficulties) would blow up your vehicle most of the time because of the damage scaling.