Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«294 »
Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

So I just bought the Super Deluxe for 30 bux off of Amazon for the PS4, running Zane and just in the first area. Is there any grenade mod that was like in BL2 that just scaled with your level and flew around like a bottle rocket? That mod was the loving best, I would accidentally down myself so many times but the splash damage was insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

There might be some grenade mods in your mail that'll scale to lvl 10 (I think, it's been a minute) but they get outclassed pretty quick. I can't think of any bottle rocket-esque mods offhand but there's plenty you can blow yourself up with.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 5, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Pork Pro

Kaethela posted:

Go to "Documents" in Windows 10, then "My Games", "Borderlands 3", "Saved", and the "Config". Open "GameUserSettings.ini" in a word processor like Notepad, and then find the following setting "PreferredGraphicsAPI=DX12". Change "DX12" to "DX11" and then save and exit the file.

(copy/pasted from some random site via google search)

Well, I did that. And now BL3 is hanging at the smaller splash window before the actual program even launches.

gently caress.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Well, I did that. And now BL3 is hanging at the smaller splash window before the actual program even launches.

gently caress.

This is a very common thing (at least for me). It happens roughly 50% of the time I launch the game. Gearbox's programmers are borderline incompetent and the whole game is full of frustrations like this.

Open task manager, then right click on Borderlands 3 (There may be two instances of this - sometimes there are, sometimes there aren't) then "End Task". Do this for both instances if there are two.

Now relaunch the game and it SHOULD run. If not, repeat the above steps and try again.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 5, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Pork Pro

Mr Scumbag posted:

This is a very common thing (at least for me). It happens roughly 50% of the time I launch the game. Gearbox's programmers are borderline incompetent and the whole game is full of frustrations like this.

Open task manager, then right click on Borderlands 3 (There may be two instances of this - sometimes there are, sometimes there aren't) then "End Task". Do this for both instances if there are two.

Now relaunch the game and it SHOULD run. If not, repeat the above steps and try again.

What if there are no instances of Borderlands 3 in the task manager and the game isn't even in the taskbar? Because that's what's happening to me.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I get the infinite splash screen if I tab to something else while said screen is up. Task manager does always clear it up though. Sure it isn't there? It'll be hidden among the big list of background processes, not the smaller apps list.

On the subject of poo poo programming, I just jumped into this game and ended up needing to learn some basic loving programming just to allow me to rebind keys properly using autohotkey. There are so many completely different issues with key rebinds that I can't even remember them all. It is absolute insanity.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Edit:

Vargs posted:

Sure it isn't there? It'll be hidden among the big list of background processes, not the smaller apps list.

Yes, don't look in the top application section, it will be in the lower section. Click the name bar at the top to sort by name and look in the B's.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

What if there are no instances of Borderlands 3 in the task manager and the game isn't even in the taskbar? Because that's what's happening to me.

What I would do next is delete the configuration file in your previous quote. You should probably also reboot your machine as well.

Try running the game again after that. The game should rebuild the config file automatically next time you run it and it will all be set to the default values which worked for you originally.

If you are still having trouble with that, you should verify the game's files. This will make sure there are no missing or corrupt files.

Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb...=2037-QEUH-3335

Epic Games Launcher: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-U...-launcher-a3638

Sex Hobbit
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

For any current or wannabe Moze mains who don't follow the subreddit, u/nivman1410 has a bunch of solid writeups on putting a build together, slot by slot. Here's his artifacts post https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderland...moze_artifacts/

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Returning for the new expansion with an all-orange Zane. What's a comfortable Mayhem level to drop in at now the system's been overhauled?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Darth Walrus posted:

Returning for the new expansion with an all-orange Zane. What's a comfortable Mayhem level to drop in at now the system's been overhauled?

Have you used Mayhem before? You can adjust it frequently, it only takes you to your last New-U station. That's both if you change the level or reroll the effects. If you've never done Mayhem going straight to 10 is probably rough but 4-6 should be fine. There's a handful of loot that only drops at 6 or higher, but that probably only matters if you set out to farm those weapons. The Backburner (Agonizer) and Reflux (GenIVIV) are both very popular and are like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

I hadn't come back for a while. The Hammerlock DLC is okay, kinda boring but as with all Borderlands content very pretty. The new bounty one is real good- mostly because the humor is a lot more subdued and the tone marginally more serious but not embarrassingly so.

My old build with Seeing Dead and basically a mess of kill skills+clone+drone still works great at Mayhem 4-6 or so, particularly with specific guns. I know it's probably because many legendary guns are better with specific characters due to their potential builds but all Legendary guns seem to be very extreme in power. They either absolutely loving melt everything effortlessly, or they're effectively useless and you'd be better off with a random Epic.

«294 »