Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

BEATEN fffff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Loving Maya's new long haired look.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Oh my god he loving bashed the PAX hardware and got boo'd. This event is making my insides ache.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MagusDraco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o5g_PGkiA if you want the trailer to not be jittery. jesus guys just run the youtube vid instead at 1080p

Thank you! This is much better.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

DaveKap posted:

I'm pretty disappointed that the graphical fidelity (framerate aside) is about as good as Borderlands 1.

Graphics fidelity was never a big sell of BL anyway, it is heavily stylized so it is kinda hard to make it look much better. Also I would wait for a youtube 4k video to completely write it off as a BL1 copy.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Someone shouted "you had one job", loving lol

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

Graphics fidelity was never a big sell of BL anyway, it is heavily stylized so it is kinda hard to make it look much better. Also I would wait for a youtube 4k video to completely write it off as a BL1 copy.
There's style and there's fidelity. A style can be the same while the fidelity can be much higher. That's what I mean. But who knows, I'll still buy it. It's loving Borderlands.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

DaveKap posted:

Oh my god he loving bashed the PAX hardware and got boo'd. This event is making my insides ache.

A class act magician.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This has to be like a historically bad presentation right?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Judge Tesla posted:

Loving Maya's new long haired look.

Yeah without knowing how the gameplay has evolved this is basically my main takeaway from the trailer - Maya looks rad.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

This has to be like a historically bad presentation right?

On par with Nintendo's Wii Music disaster show.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I cannot cheersplode, my doctor explicitly warned me

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

BTW Brick Sax Solo is a good move. Whoever does trailers at Gearbox knows their poo poo.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The only good thing about this is that the new wizard is a punch wizard.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

This artstyle has not aged well lol

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
I'm gonna miss Scooter :smith:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I was curious if that Claptrap at the end was jittery because of the video or because he was just doing pop and lock dance moves.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

All I know is, that shirt had better be a loving pre-order bonus.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
they named the third borderlands game "borderlands 3" because it took 3 tries to make the trailer work

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

yeah honestly the style can't hide how outdated and deadeyed characters look now

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Prude posted:

they named the third borderlands game "borderlands 3" because it took 3 tries to make the trailer work

Nice

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Need this

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
lol no mention if its going to be epic store exclusive or not.

Saving that to the last minute

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Borderlands 1 with customizable heads and character skins though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so they didn't show off any of the 4 new classes except for the shiva arms siren huh?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

so they didn't show off any of the 4 new classes except for the shiva arms siren huh?

The soldier and the technostuff is heavily featured in the trailer if you watch at half speed

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

One of them has a mech suit, probably as their ability like Roland/Axton's turret. You can see it in one of the scenes as it's shooting as well in another one when it's being made from the blue computerized nonesense.

Abyss fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 28, 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

happyhippy posted:

lol no mention if its going to be epic store exclusive or not.

Saving that to the last minute

If it was not going to be you can be sure they would have announced it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

I'm guessing the giant walking mech is one of the classes main ability.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Vakal posted:

I'm guessing the giant walking mech is one of the classes main ability.

Going by those leaks (which are now like 99% accurate) the Girl Soldier/Gunner class calls it in as an active. Other players can mount it and use some of it's turrets.
if anyone cares, her name is Moze and she's well connected with Vladof so expect a Russian accent

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

StabMasterArson posted:

Not sure what you are on about. Looks great to me.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Going by those leaks (which are now like 99% accurate) the Girl Soldier/Gunner class calls it in as an active. Other players can mount it and use some of it's turrets.
if anyone cares, her name is Moze and she's well connected with Vladof so expect a Russian accent

Where'd all that leaked info go, I could've sworn it was in the OP earlier

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I dunno, I loved Borderlands 2, but announcing the third game now after two Destiny games and two Division games (And Anthem I guess) feels like it is a day late and a buck short. A good part of Borderlands appeal was no one was really doing what it was doing, regardless of if it was actually doing it well. Now, I can’t really work up an emotional response except “Yup that sure looks like Borderlands”.

Hopefully once they release some actual details I will get more excited about this.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

MagusDraco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o5g_PGkiA if you want the trailer to not be jittery. jesus guys just run the youtube vid instead at 1080p

i'm so glad Gearbox managed to poo poo this out before going bankrupt. I thought Battleborne would be the end of them.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I just hope they follow what WoW did and squish the Perks/Abilities tree to make each choice meaningful instead of "Each point raise X variable by 2%".

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Unlucky7 posted:

I dunno, I loved Borderlands 2, but announcing the third game now after two Destiny games and two Division games (And Anthem I guess) feels like it is a day late and a buck short. I can’t really work up an emotional response except “Yup that sure looks like Borderlands”.

Hopefully once they release some actual details I will get more excited about this.

This is me.

Right now Risk of Rain 2 was the coolest thing about the presentation. Apart from lols of it being a giant poo poo show I mean.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Looks like lillith gets her tattoos ripped/ removed at one point in the trailer

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

It's incredible that both Destiny and Division managed to have such boring and static loot systems. Like they did such a shittier job than Borderlands 2 in that regard.

Borderlands 2 was at least somewhat fun even if the level scaling was absolutely dumb. Destiny seemed like a FPS game terrified of letting the loot ruin the ~finely crafted gunplay~ in which case they probably shouldn't have made a loot game.

Division 1 was the same way for me, here's a boring bandana of +3% yaaawn. With Borderlands 2 it was just endless dumb poo poo gatling snipers and cluster bomb grenade explosions etc

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's incredible that both Destiny and Division managed to have such boring and static loot systems. Like they did such a shittier job than Borderlands 2 in that regard.

Borderlands 2 was at least somewhat fun even if the level scaling was absolutely dumb. Destiny seemed like a FPS game terrified of letting the loot ruin the ~finely crafted gunplay~ in which case they probably shouldn't have made a loot game.

Division 1 was the same way for me, here's a boring bandana of +3% yaaawn. With Borderlands 2 it was just endless dumb poo poo gatling snipers and cluster bomb grenade explosions etc

Agreed. It's amazing how the competition has had drat near a decade to really refine the approach to loot and *nobody* has come close to Diablo or Borderlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

kidcoelacanth posted:

Where'd all that leaked info go, I could've sworn it was in the OP earlier

Cleaned up op, there is a post in the thread with a link to the full leak

see

Coldbird posted:

So that leak text about the new characters also showed up elsewhere, but it was longer, and had a section about how the new loot system would work - it said that there will now be gun parts which you combine into guns.

Could go a ways toward mitigating the RNG of the previous games and how one wrong number could super gently caress up an otherwise good weapon...?

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/borderlands-3-characters-gameplay-classes-abilities-story-location-leak-2013515 <-----

Again, it’s a leak, could all be bullshit.