Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Sab669 posted:

So are they not adding anything new to Tediore? This was fun, but if everyone else is getting neat new gimmicks why not something additional here too :(

It says "pursue a nearby enemy" so presumably some of them will be the guns with legs you see in the trailer. In 2 you just threw them and they exploded like a grenade basically and rocket launchers fired off like a rocket. Probably will be some that do that still, will just be like another part of the randomisation for Tediore weapons.

Risky Bisquick posted:

You are talking about the DPUH, Fragnum 88.

Looked it up and Maggie was the specific one I was thinking of in 2 but yeah similar poo poo. If they make more of the legendary effects from 2 into basic features of manufacturers that can randomly appear on weapons or be added via this gun customisation poo poo that's basically confirmed now then that substantially improves the variety of weapons. Makes the potential for legendaries in 3 even crazier as well since they have to up the ante, hopefully they have a decent enough drop rate from the off so you actually see them more.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Sab669 posted:

So are they not adding anything new to Tediore? This was fun, but if everyone else is getting neat new gimmicks why not something additional here too :(

I read this like Tediore was the "guns with LEGS :byodood:" part of the trailer

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol if you throw it when it's out of ammo and you just hear the trigger click over and over with no booms

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

lol if you throw it when it's out of ammo and you just hear the trigger click over and over with no booms

I never fired more than one shot per clip from my favorite Tediore gun because it was much more valuable as grenade spam. If you can do the same with guns with legs, it would be pretty great to have 5 mobile clips running around firing at enemies.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

It says "pursue a nearby enemy" so presumably some of them will be the guns with legs you see in the trailer. In 2 you just threw them and they exploded like a grenade basically and rocket launchers fired off like a rocket. Probably will be some that do that still, will just be like another part of the randomisation for Tediore weapons.

Hmm. That sounds correct. From what I could recall I thought they were still "somewhat guided" previously. More like an Aim Assist than actually "target seeking", I guess - but maybe I'm mistaken on that entirely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maliwan were always my favorite guns. Acid damage hilarious.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

Maliwan were always my favorite guns. Acid damage hilarious.

Imagine a Maliwan SMG with Fire +Acid damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I really want more info on Zane. I think we have a decent vague idea of what everyone else does but not for him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tei posted:

Imagine a Maliwan SMG with Fire +Acid damage.

Stop, I can only get so erect!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn’t I use two different element maliwans on Salvador in BL2? It’s been so long I don’t remember.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I really want more info on Zane. I think we have a decent vague idea of what everyone else does but not for him.

Looks like he might be similar to Wilhelm from TPS.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Sab669 posted:

Hmm. That sounds correct. From what I could recall I thought they were still "somewhat guided" previously. More like an Aim Assist than actually "target seeking", I guess - but maybe I'm mistaken on that entirely.

There were a couple of legendary Tediores with seeking capabilities when thrown, you might be thinking of this.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The tracer bullet thing makes me think of those dope homing assault rifles from Red Faction Guerilla. Also interested in the idea of getting to travel to different worlds.

Overall the altfire effects sounds pretty fun.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mikedawson posted:

Overall the altfire effects sounds pretty fun.

It was always my favorite thing about Unreal! I would not be opposed to more games introducing alt fire mechanics for most guns.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

are there any cheatengine tables for BL1 like there is for 2 and TPS? i need that sick loot constantly

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Sab669 posted:

It was always my favorite thing about Unreal! I would not be opposed to more games introducing alt fire mechanics for most guns.

:hellyeah:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Borderlands 1's rather dull areas make me appreciate BL2 a whole lot more, I'd forgotten just how much of the game was set in junkyards with poo brown for colour everywhere.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Borderlands 1's rather dull areas make me appreciate BL2 a whole lot more, I'd forgotten just how much of the game was set in junkyards with poo brown for colour everywhere.

Yeah, I played BL2 first and when I got around to Borderlands it felt almost like an early beta or something. It picks up a bit around the time you run into the Crimson Lance, but the early game feels pretty weird and barren.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd still rather take fyrestone and the Dahl Headlands over that loving glacier.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kaubocks posted:

are there any cheatengine tables for BL1 like there is for 2 and TPS? i need that sick loot constantly

There's some ok ones but nothing like the exhaustive list of hacks like with the sequels, more importantly they don't work with the new enhanced version of BL1

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I have a weird dumb question. Ready? Here it is: what happened to the "drippy" sunset? I haven't played BL1 in years (never played 2 or prequel) but I remember there being a weird sunset "graphic" where the sun looked like it was kinda oozing into the horizon. I don't see that anymore with the new version. My son, who appears to be an encyclopedia of Bordelands knowledge, has no idea wtf I'm talking about. But I KNOW I saw it.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

you might be thinking of that weird filter effect caused by the Depth of Field

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Shoehead posted:

There's some ok ones but nothing like the exhaustive list of hacks like with the sequels, more importantly they don't work with the new enhanced version of BL1

drat

hope something comes out for the enhanced version soon; all i really need is gold keys and better drops

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Kaubocks posted:

drat

hope something comes out for the enhanced version soon; all i really need is gold keys and better drops

I'm playing through it now and its hilarious how much faster you start seeing purple guns than bl2. Its probably the only one with rates that are tolerable without cheating.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Tythas posted:

you might be thinking of that weird filter effect caused by the Depth of Field

Ugh, can't find a screenshot. It definitely didn't look like a DoF effect. It looked really weird, almost like the sunset was melting at the bottom.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I vaguely remember this too

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Okay I flipped through some old let's plays and I don't see it but I feel like I really noticed it in the first area where there were a bunch of cliff racers that owned me

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

moist turtleneck posted:

Okay I flipped through some old let's plays and I don't see it but I feel like I really noticed it in the first area where there were a bunch of cliff racers that owned me

I'm just glad someone believes me. I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding what I was sure was an intentional graphic decision.

Edit: found it! It's not the sun, it's the moon. I can't screencap it because I'm at work, but if you Google Image search "borderlands 1 moon" it's like the very second picture. This effect doesn't appear to happen in the remaster.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 4, 2019

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

drat

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm playing through it now and its hilarious how much faster you start seeing purple guns than bl2. Its probably the only one with rates that are tolerable without cheating.

Yeah purps and oranges are way more common in BL1. I don't think it really needs loot fixing. Make sure to check the weapon vendors because they can have legendaries and (unless it's fixed in the new version) the level scaling on the vendors can sometimes be higher than normal meaning you can occasionally find higher level guns there than you would from drops in the same area.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

chaosapiant posted:

I have a weird dumb question. Ready? Here it is: what happened to the "drippy" sunset? I haven't played BL1 in years (never played 2 or prequel) but I remember there being a weird sunset "graphic" where the sun looked like it was kinda oozing into the horizon. I don't see that anymore with the new version. My son, who appears to be an encyclopedia of Bordelands knowledge, has no idea wtf I'm talking about. But I KNOW I saw it.

The Salvador Dali moon as I coined it to myself, I remember this clear as hell because it was a very distinct skybox for its time. I haven't seen it in the GOTY enhanced version either.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kaubocks posted:

drat

I need a higher run speed. I've spent the last 3 years playing Doom wads, I can't deal with this

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The Salvador Dali moon as I coined it to myself, I remember this clear as hell because it was a very distinct skybox for its time. I haven't seen it in the GOTY enhanced version either.

Yes, that's a great way to describe it. I always thought it was weird because while the game was cartoony looking, everything seemed to be somewhat realistic and the weird moonset would always stick out. I'd wondered if there was an in-game reason for this effect.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

That's it! I'm definitely not seeing this in the new version. I prefer not having it, but it's neat looking. Was there ever an in-universe explanation for this wacky effect?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd still rather take fyrestone and the Dahl Headlands over that loving glacier.

Oh for sure, thinking about it Borderlands 1 has much more of a lonely feel towards it, maybe its because people aren't talking to you through echo transmitions constantly like in BL2/TPS and that the vast majority of locations only have a few named friendly NPC's, Fyrestone is utterly abandoned for example once Zed leaves and T.K Baha dies.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

true, plus scaling in this game is a bit wack in that a good gun can last you like 10 levels

but i still prefer to feel like a horrible cheater and bend the game's will in my own way

still i'll play around with default and see how it feels

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have to admit I played an hour of BL remaster, then hopped to 2. I don’t think I will look back.

EDIT: Also ended up getting Handsome Collection on PS4 instead of starting up my PC copy with the UHD pack because I have a 4K HDR tv. Borderlands plays surprisingly well on a controller.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 4, 2019

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Unlucky7 posted:

I have to admit I played an hour of BL remaster, then hopped to 2. I don’t think I will look back.

EDIT: Also ended up getting Handsome Collection on PS4 instead of starting up my PC copy with the UHD pack because I have a 4K HDR tv. Borderlands plays surprisingly well on a controller.

Plug the 4K TV into the PC...

Both PC Borderlands have native support for controllers

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Plug the 4K TV into the PC...

Both PC Borderlands have native support for controllers

If I was smart and good with money I would not be gaming in the first place.

Seriously though, not a bad idea (I only have a 1070 but that can probably work well enough for B2). I would need to get a wireless receiver for the controller and a decently long cable, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
In a weird way I feel bad about Atlas guns being a thing again, after Rhys mentioning at the end of Tales that he didn't want to be another one of the gun runner megacorps.