Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

guys im about to start playing this for the first time, whos the funnest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Zane seems to be up there.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

queeb posted:

guys im about to start playing this for the first time, whos the funnest

Depends on your sense of humour, but Zane is the loud silly jokester (I say that affectionally) while FL4K is the calm, dry weirdo. Amara and Moze are a bit more normal - the former's a cocky small-town superhero and the latter's a mildly traumatised mercenary trying to stay professional in a deeply silly universe.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Zane seems to be up there.

Bottomless Mags Moze is very fun but Seein Dead Zane has better longevity.

Btw, don't do an arena fight with cartels enabled. A friend and I tried Slaughterstar 3000 on M5 and so many legendaries dropped that it started seriously messing with the game. On the plus side, I think every single legendary gun dropped.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Zane is great.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Got on M10 after farming up some M7 gear.

Holy hell M10 is a slog and a half. I've even got some decent M10 guns now and killing things still takes 14 years.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Monolith. posted:

Bottomless Mags Moze is very fun but Seein Dead Zane has better longevity.

Btw, don't do an arena fight with cartels enabled. A friend and I tried Slaughterstar 3000 on M5 and so many legendaries dropped that it started seriously messing with the game. On the plus side, I think every single legendary gun dropped.

I learned that today too. One Slaughter shaft round took forever because the enemies were effectively doubled because of the cartel spawns every few kills.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
that horrible static noise was apparently related to a modifier. GB have disabled the modifier for now

https://twitter.com/borderlands/status/1253788264743358464?s=21

Wardhog
Nov 30, 2001

The Shame Boy posted:

SO with this update they added a progress bar to the loading screen before the main menu with claptrap going across it. I am playing on an og Xbox 1 so the load times are always pretty horrendous here but it's just funny to me that they added a loading bar to let you know just how long you're wait here instead of just taking a guess. :allears:

Yeah, I got this at launch on Xbone, and the loading screen was 5 and a half Claptraps long. A few months on, it's now 11 or 12. I don't sit through it any more, I start the load then go do something else for a little while.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The loot quality doesn't seem much better on M10 than it was on old M4, does it?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, Yellowcake is without a doubt the strongest rocket launcher in the game and not only clears trash quickly but also deletes badasses and bosses, deleting M10 badasses and annointed enemies with a M6ish fires x2 yellowcake.

On another note, for those that have played BL3 awhile and they added temporary legendaries and areas like the cartel mansion, did they ever return or get folded into the main game or do they just throw all that content into the dumpster after the event ends never to be seen again?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, Yellowcake is without a doubt the strongest rocket launcher in the game and not only clears trash quickly but also deletes badasses and bosses, deleting M10 badasses and annointed enemies with a M6ish fires x2 yellowcake.

On another note, for those that have played BL3 awhile and they added temporary legendaries and areas like the cartel mansion, did they ever return or get folded into the main game or do they just throw all that content into the dumpster after the event ends never to be seen again?

into the dumpster. fomo marketing.

and i had the same experience with the yellowcake. seems getting to m10 is mostly a question of getting lucky with one of the new powercreeped weapons.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Rinkles posted:

into the dumpster. fomo marketing.

and i had the same experience with the yellowcake. seems getting to m10 is mostly a question of getting lucky with one of the new powercreeped weapons.

Pretty much, seems like release-Diablo3 inferno mode, you just find one of the few spots that doesn't outright murderize you and let's you repeatedly farm the highest tier drops in the quickest manner until you have something strong enough that can let you actually play the video game and play backwards from there.

the release-D3 inferno dev gameplan was also to have everyone gear themselves on the first act, to get strong enough to fully gear themselves in the second act, to be able to find the gear in the third and fourth act, what happened is everyone just went to the highest tier drop zones and opened chests and broke pots until they got a endgame item to drop and sold it for 250$ on the auction house.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was slowly going up the ladder, until I had a "wait a minute moment" with the Yellowcake, went to see how it handled Traunt, proceeded to hand M10 Traunt his rear end.

I don't like that new mayhem actually inherently incentivizes boss farming, because many of the modifiers barely matter against bosses.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Whats a good way to make money now? I better get those SDUs they added. Looks like snipers and such will be come more viable with the deeper ammo pool.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

BizarroAzrael posted:

Whats a good way to make money now? I better get those SDUs they added. Looks like snipers and such will be come more viable with the deeper ammo pool.

Find a grenade that spawns cash drops from enemies, go into M10, chuck grenades repeatedly.

Even if you don’t kill enemies (and playing with base level gear, killing anything at M10 takes 60% of your ammo capacity), the cash drops add up. I took my Amara with a 16-grenade capacity thanks to my gear, went into an area with bandits on Pandora and went from $100K to $20 Million in the span of a half hour just from the grenades alone, and that’s just with a “drops some cash” mod (and homing/MIRV). If you find a “drops lots of” or higher, that’s sure to go faster.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Rinkles posted:

I was slowly going up the ladder, until I had a "wait a minute moment" with the Yellowcake, went to see how it handled Traunt, proceeded to hand M10 Traunt his rear end.

I don't like that new mayhem actually inherently incentivizes boss farming, because many of the modifiers barely matter against bosses.

This is exactly what it is. Trying to fight 4+ anointed at once is far worse than the boss fights. Some of the bad rear end fliers are just obscene to fight you need a phase lock siren or brain freeze Zane to make it manageable. I fought through konrads hold on 4P M10 and all the varkids turned into super badasses, what a slog. If Zane freezes then they fall down so you can yellowcake or lob them, but otherwise it’s pretty bad.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Just loot all the purple rocket launchers. There’s a specific map that only drops rocket launchers on Pandora right now

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Welp tried out the new mayhem and it looks like this has gone the same direction as BL2 did, where the endgame difficulty leans far more into the rpg aspects of the game than the shooting (which is fair, I guess).

Was always kinda lame how BL2 endgame difficulties were about having the perfect OP build but those were usually something where like the norfleet where you spammed the screen full of projectiles and particle effects without really aiming at anything. The lob and the yellowcake seem the same way. Slow bulletsponge enemies suck.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

how's the cheat engine scene for this game these days?

by the end of my life cycle with BL2/TPS i had some pretty involved tables to tweak the game loot just the way my friend and i wanted it -- anything like that for BL3 right now? found some pretty rudimentary ones a few months ago to give us infinite gold keys but the golden chest in this game is so annoying (we play with competitive loot on), so we haven't really touched it much

ideally just somthing that can scale our old favorite guns back up to our level would be nice

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Finally got into a groove on Mayhem 10. We're able to do kills without it taking years now. Got a Mayhem 10 OPQ, Yellowcake (x2), and Krakatoa. Only good anoint is on the Krakatoa but it doesn't seem to matter that much. 4th weapon is a Mayhem 6 shock Anarchy (x18), I'd kill for a Mayhem 10 version of this.

Back to farming the expansion I guess!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kaubocks posted:

how's the cheat engine scene for this game these days?

by the end of my life cycle with BL2/TPS i had some pretty involved tables to tweak the game loot just the way my friend and i wanted it -- anything like that for BL3 right now? found some pretty rudimentary ones a few months ago to give us infinite gold keys but the golden chest in this game is so annoying (we play with competitive loot on), so we haven't really touched it much

ideally just somthing that can scale our old favorite guns back up to our level would be nice
There was a CE table at some point but I think it got abandoned while the game was EGS exclusive. I know some people tried to get the pointer scripts working (for leveling up weapons) but I don't know if they managed. There's a trainer out there that can do a bunch of stuff like increase drop rates in general, and increase legendary drop rates. I don't think it can level up gear, though.

I always used a savegame editor for BL2/TPS and Gibbed is apparently still working on one for BL3 but I have no idea how far along that is by now (people were asking about it so much/insinuating he had silently dropped development, he pinned a tweet three weeks ago saying he's still working on it).

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
where in the god drat hell are the golden toilets, I can only find one but apparently there are more??

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Sex Hobbit posted:

where in the god drat hell are the golden toilets, I can only find one but apparently there are more??

I think there's three, usually around big bedrooms.

Have you find a shortcut to melee kill Fish Slap? I need to see if shooting him with the Face Puncher works, but right now I over do it with a fire weapon or my drone kills him. That and kill the guy with his own spike is all I have left.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Sex Hobbit posted:

Which one did you find? I found one in a wine cellar next to the hedonism garden or whatever it's called.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Shiftypenguin posted:

Which one did you find? I found one in a wine cellar next to the hedonism garden or whatever it's called.

I actually found a second one: one right off of a bedroom (the first one) and one that you can get to if you get the elevator open, which I have no idea how I did. Maybe I shot something?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Have you find a shortcut to melee kill Fish Slap? I need to see if shooting him with the Face Puncher works, but right now I over do it with a fire weapon or my drone kills him. That and kill the guy with his own spike is all I have left.

I have no idea how I’m gonna do these given that I inexplicably started this on FL4K and the pet fucks up any “kill this guy in a specific way” goals

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

orcane posted:

There was a CE table at some point but I think it got abandoned while the game was EGS exclusive. I know some people tried to get the pointer scripts working (for leveling up weapons) but I don't know if they managed. There's a trainer out there that can do a bunch of stuff like increase drop rates in general, and increase legendary drop rates. I don't think it can level up gear, though.

I always used a savegame editor for BL2/TPS and Gibbed is apparently still working on one for BL3 but I have no idea how far along that is by now (people were asking about it so much/insinuating he had silently dropped development, he pinned a tweet three weeks ago saying he's still working on it).

sick, ty for the info

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
God drat this frame rate bug is annoying as poo poo, I can't even go into the Eridium mansion without resetting at least twice because of it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is it a bug or just how the game runs now?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Is it a bug or just how the game runs now?

It has to be related to the Mayhem modifiers that add a load of drones, particle effects and everything else, I think there's more poo poo on screen than the game can handle.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

It has to be related to the Mayhem modifiers that add a load of drones, particle effects and everything else, I think there's more poo poo on screen than the game can handle.

Just wondering, what platform are you on? Standard PS4?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Just wondering, what platform are you on? Standard PS4?

PS4 Pro, I have no problems with any other game, all this crap started with the Mayhem 2.0 update.

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003

Judge Tesla posted:

PS4 Pro, I have no problems with any other game, all this crap started with the Mayhem 2.0 update.

I'm having the same problem, PS4 Pro, game running terrible since Mayhem 2.0 patch. Normally play Moze but all the splash effects seem worse than before, frame frame is tanking, PS4 Fan is spinning up way more than previously.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I have a fluctuating frame rate as well, but I've seen clips of people with constant stuttering, making it literally unplayable. Is that what you're experiencing?

Was wondering if it was a question of PS4 model (I'm on a pro too)

e:do you use performance or resolution mode? I'm on performance.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've switched between both performance and resolution mode, I only ever have major issues when I'm at the mansion area, the FPS drops so low it gets unplayable.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Anyone doing the event challenges; once you have Fish Slap's grenade you can use it on him to get the challenge, so presumably the Face Puncher works too.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Judge Tesla posted:

I've switched between both performance and resolution mode, I only ever have major issues when I'm at the mansion area, the FPS drops so low it gets unplayable.

I got it in Slaughter Shaft as well. I'm on a standard PS4 and was playing Moze.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

What an annoying thing to do when you gib him in a single hit with any weapon and don't have a face puncher saved

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Sex Hobbit posted:

One is in the underground section that has an opening onto the Hedonism gardens.
One is in a room just around the corner from the Ballroom where you fight one of the cartel sub-bosses, I think you have to defeat the sub-boss to get the door to this room to open.
One is in the Mansion within a Mansion section, at the end, after beating the sub-boss. You take an elevator upstairs to a bedroom, the toilet is in a bathroom section off the bedroom.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
So last night my roommate and I are playing on M2, at Carnivora to get decoder rings. Lootsplosion was the Easy mod.

First area, we got about 25-30 legendary drops between the cartel guys and badasses alone. Never seen so much orange in my entire Borderlands playing life.

Ten minutes later, going through Villa Ultraviolent, my PS4 Pro locks up because Second Wind + Radiation Nova + Frost Lob + homing MIRV money grenade = too much to handle at once.

Ah, Gearbox...never change. /sarcasm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Listerine posted:

One is in the underground section that has an opening onto the Hedonism gardens.
One is in a room just around the corner from the Ballroom where you fight one of the cartel sub-bosses, I think you have to defeat the sub-boss to get the door to this room to open.
One is in the Mansion within a Mansion section, at the end, after beating the sub-boss. You take an elevator upstairs to a bedroom, the toilet is in a bathroom section off the bedroom.

thanks mate. Stupid as hell of them to not give an indicator of how many you were looking for, but hey.

I did the Maliwan slaughter on M1 with Cartels enabled and while my xbonex didn't crash, I was kept extremely busy (the OPQ got my maxed-out AR ammo down to double digits each round and I had NO time to go around opening chests) and it did tell me to turn in the quest before either of the mechs had even spawned. Made enough to finance the next bank expansion just by selling unwanted legendaries, too.