Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the initial reveal made me think it would be a much bigger departure from what we're used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Knowing how Borderlands scaling works I can already see Swords becoming worthless in this game's version of TVHM/Mayhem mode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
BL3's gameplay fundamentals are solid enough that a TPS of it sounds fine and dandy. I hope they have fun playable characters for it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

BL3's gameplay fundamentals are solid enough that a TPS of it sounds fine and dandy. I hope they have fun playable characters for it.

I think for the first time there might not be any predefined characters

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Judge Tesla posted:

Knowing how Borderlands scaling works I can already see Swords becoming worthless in this game's version of TVHM/Mayhem mode.

The swords shoot laser slashes across the map like medieval anime powers

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Judge Tesla posted:

Doesn't melee have some absurd damage multiplier in Mayhem mode though? Like x16 damage increase or something.

I would hope Gearbox sees where they went wrong with BL3 Mayhem so the Wonderlands equivalent won't need that kind of bandaid solution but :laffo:.

e: vvvv Of all the guns they could have brought back between games, I am surprised the SWORDSPLOSION wasn't one of them.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 12, 2021

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

The swords shoot laser slashes across the map like medieval anime powers

Bold to base an entire game around the gun that shoots swords from Dragon Keep.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

UnknownMercenary posted:

Doesn't melee have some absurd damage multiplier in Mayhem mode though? Like x16 damage increase or something.

I would hope Gearbox sees where they went wrong with BL3 Mayhem so the Wonderlands equivalent won't need that kind of bandaid solution but :laffo:.

e: vvvv Of all the guns they could have brought back between games, I am surprised the SWORDSPLOSION wasn't one of them.

It does but actual melee is still kinda janky, at least in my opinion. It's more for the weird weapons that scale off melee.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I hope they bring back the Excalibastard, as an actual sword this time. That was my favourite weapon in the Pre-sequel.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I fired this up for the first time in forever after building a new computer and it super sucks to play by yourself. The goon discord seemed to be dead as well. Anybody still playing this co-op?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

A good portion of Borderlands 3 players were on console and they have long since moved on, until Wonderlands or BL4.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I got burnt out on 3. I don’t think I’ll be picking up WL on release.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yeah it looks cute and all but I’ll wait for it to hit gamepass or go on sale.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

For BL3's 2 year anniversary they put out Shift codes for new cosmetics and a diamond key that works even if you don't have DLC5.

Cosmetics: KH5J3-9BSSS-K6WF9-RT3BB-FTBCJ
Diamond key: CHC3J-TCHSZ-5XCXH-FTTJJ-JZ55S

Plus they're running another mini-event for 48 hours with extra loot enemy spawns, and have added the Bekah to the boss loot pool (but didn't specify which boss).

The Diamond key expires on September 27 though I don't think the cosmetic one has any expiration date.

Maurice's machine is also selling items for zero cost until Thursday. Its loot pool is the Handsome Jackhammer, Sledge's Shotgun and King's/Queen's Call this week. To reach it for this week's location, fast travel to The Forgotten Basilica and then go backwards into Neon Arterial. Work your way backwards through the map until you see standard vending machines, it should be near those.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 13, 2021

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

UnknownMercenary posted:

For BL3's 2 year anniversary they put out Shift codes for new cosmetics and a diamond key that works even if you don't have DLC5.

Cosmetics: KH5J3-9BSSS-K6WF9-RT3BB-FTBCJ
Diamond key: CHC3J-TCHSZ-5XCXH-FTTJJ-JZ55S

Plus they're running another mini-event for 48 hours with extra loot enemy spawns, and have added the Bekah to the boss loot pool (but didn't specify which boss).

The Diamond key expires on September 27 though I don't think the cosmetic one has any expiration date.

Maurice's machine is also selling items for zero cost until Thursday. Its loot pool is the Handsome Jackhammer, Sledge's Shotgun and King's/Queen's Call this week. To reach it for this week's location, fast travel to The Forgotten Basilica and then go backwards into Neon Arterial. Work your way backwards through the map until you see standard vending machines, it should be near those.

Bekah is supposed to be in the loot pool of the "loot" variant enemies, the bullet sponges that run away, which are spawning at increased rate. I killed a few on Jakobs Estate and I've not seen one yet though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I farmed loot tinks at the start of The Anvil for an hour and only got 1 to drop. Hopefully someone figures out a good spot for them.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

I farmed loot tinks at the start of The Anvil for an hour and only got 1 to drop. Hopefully someone figures out a good spot for them.

If you go to the start of Ambermire and take a right you'll find an area full of Jabbers and loads of the loot version. Think I got that from Moxsy. Found one Bekah so far.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The area I found from another Youtuber, LazyData, was to travel to Rogue's Hollow on the same map and walk backwards towards the Red Jabber miniboss spawn IDK if that's the same farm spot but loot jabbers in general seem to be more consistent. I did like 6 runs and pulled 4 Bekahs out of it including one with a nice scope and a max damage roll. It's too bad these things don't seem to count for the boosted eridium event so I could kill two birds with one stone.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Yeah that’s the same spot. Gotten 2 bekahs in 3 runs so far, one of which is a deadeye for the crit prefix. Max weapon damage roll is 183% for those that want that.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I'm just looking forward to seeing how much snipers still suck in Wonderlands.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I noticed I had 3 Diamond Keys so checked out the Big Vault in Sanctuary and holy poo poo is it filled with real good poo poo, I even saw the Scoville in there, even if its poo poo at Mayhem 10 its still nice to know you can get it more than once a character.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
When you're using diamond and golden keys does it make sense to set the Mayhem level to 10 first?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm just looking forward to seeing how much snipers still suck in Wonderlands.

Snipers don't all suck! Some behave like SMGs.

Would have liked a good Hyperion sniper legend though, I play the Company man on Zane and with them no longer doing pistols it would be nice not to be limited to (very good) SMGs and shotguns.

Not even sure snipers are in it, there are bows, and with melee weapons too I wonder (ha!) if types need to be cut. TPS only added lasers, which just got folded into other types in BL3, but this adds at least 2 completely new types. Guess the trailer will probably show.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I remember there were a few brief times in BL2 where I got a decent sniper that could one-shot most things with headshots/crits, and it felt amazing, especially when it had a high rate of fire. Those instances were pretty rare, though, and I always outgrew those guns quickly. By endgame, forget about on-shotting anything with a sniper. Or anything else, for that matter. Trying to manage sniping with slag was about the most impractical way to play the game.

BL3 was pretty poo poo for snipers. There were some gimmick ones that were sometimes good (depending if it was pre/post buff/nerf, but weren't fun for me to use because they had a bunch of dumb effects you have to manage and account for. Then the Wedding Invitation came along, which was the best pure "just a sniper rifle that does appropriate damage" weapon they've ever managed to make. I had a great time with that before it got useless after the level cap increase.

BL1 really sucked for sniping since bullets traveled so slowly that dudes would literally move after hearing the gunshot before the bullet reached them. I'm still kind of mystified that the game shipped this way and as far as I know, is still like this. Lilith could increase bullet speed to help with that, but if you're not using SMGs when playing as her, you screwing yourself.

Mordecai had no such skill, so you had to use snipers relatively close up, to the point you just settled on a masher revolver and abandoned snipers alltogehter.

Ultimately, GBX have a pretty lovely track record with snipers. They aren't ALL poo poo, but decent ones are very few and far between, and they are virtually never in the top choices for endgame weapons. All I want is something that rewards high precision (and punishes inaccuracy with longer reload times, if necessary) with satisfying one hit kills on most trash, but that's rarely ever been the case, particularly after you reach the level cap.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The only BL2 Snipers I remember using was the talking Hyperion one and the Pimpernel from Captain Scarlet's DLC.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I've never been a huge fan of 'traditional' sniping in any of the BL games. BL1 was probably the closest the series ever came to allowing that to feel okay but the slow bullet speed made it so even then the useful ones were gimmicks like the Orion, Cobra or Penetrator. BL2 has the Pimpernel of course, but I also found the Lyuda useful. While levelling in BL3 I really liked the Headsplosion though it falls off at M10, and the Sandhawk is great but it's basically a shotgun and the way its projectiles are supposed to disappear after a certain distance, you can't even use it as a proper sniper rifle. The Wedding Invitation and Boogeyman are on the list of ones I want to eventually try. Of course, there's also the Skullmasher which has been consistently good across every game.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i refuse to hear this asmd slander :colbert:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
What was the fun one with the fiery explosions everyone was using for a while, Krakatoa? That was fun when I played, but there have been a million more DLCs with level increases and "balance" passes since.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The balance passes are one of the only reasons BL3's Mayhem 10 endgame isn't a disaster, granted there's only a dozen or so weapons you can use but Moze doesn't even need guns when Iron Bear does billions of damage.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Lyuda in BL2 was a top tier gun but an absolute son of a bitch to farm, especially for elements.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

It really felt pointless to me in BL2 to use any weapon that didn’t have multiple unlisted additional projectiles due to the way the Bee works.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Judge Tesla posted:

The balance passes are one of the only reasons BL3's Mayhem 10 endgame isn't a disaster, granted there's only a dozen or so weapons you can use but Moze doesn't even need guns when Iron Bear does billions of damage.

I see a lot of grousing about the awful gun balance in BL3 and while I agree that it is pretty bad, there are way *way* more useable guns at endgame than there were in BL2 where everybody pretty much just used the same handful of quest items and a DPUH or Norfleet. Especially if you're a FL4K or Zane with a boatload of gun and crit dmg on your trees, I see people use guns on those characters that do gently caress all on my Moze.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Man, levelling seems to be insanely fast in 3. I remember in 2 and TPS, you usually needed about 3 or 4 quests to get a level, which meant every area was stuffed to the brim with sidequests. Here, though, I get a level just about every other quest, it seems.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

serefin99 posted:

Man, levelling seems to be insanely fast in 3. I remember in 2 and TPS, you usually needed about 3 or 4 quests to get a level, which meant every area was stuffed to the brim with sidequests. Here, though, I get a level just about every other quest, it seems.

Yeah, levelling is fine on a first playthrough for each character but I have zero energy to do endgame builds so I think I'm pretty much done with the game unless I wipe all my characters and start from new.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That's the lone benefit to Borderlands not being a live service, you can actually finish the game and come back later/never, I've done absolutely everything at Mayhem 10 including the double Varkid raid boss added recently and other than some messing around with the battle pass unlocks I am effectively 100% done with it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

borderlands 3 is balanced around finishing the game roughly at the level cap while the previous games were balanced around finishing the second play through around the level cap

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I don't remember if it was in this thread or somewhere else, but I remember seeing someone commenting that Eden-6 feels like it goes on for way too long. Having just gotten to that planet myself, I can definitely see why someone would say that: these maps are MASSIVE, and chockfull of side quests, too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I don't mind Eden-6 that much, I was pretty tired of Promethia because I'd already seen the whole futuristic city look back in BL2 with Opportunity, so running around a swamp and a big mansion in the Jakoks Estate was cool.

Kim Bong Chill
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
Is there a list of changes since release? I haven’t played and they still want $80 dollars for all the DLC. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kim Bong Chill posted:

Is there a list of changes since release? I haven’t played and they still want $80 dollars for all the DLC. Lol

The entire game has been revamped multiple times so a list would be dozens of pages long, but to sum, the game as it is right now is in its best state.