Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Pope Guilty posted:

Or fleeing the law after their robot murdered a classmate.

Then that's their business. You don't go around talking about other people's business, it's rude and gets you killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

smh at all of you forgetting Krieg

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Aren't the psychos abandoned slave labor driven mad by residual alien? I dont think he was born there.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anybody got a link to some information on Zero's sniper skills? All I can turn up are melee guides, idiots, or idiots writing melee guides and I want to know what traps and pitfalls there are in sniping. Like, not just "can it do endgame" but like "is this skill additive or multiplicative" and "careful that is bugged and doesn't do what it says" and "actually [manufacturer] rifles suck because of a hidden penalty" information.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Krieg's from Hera and is on Pandora to clear up some business with the Hyperion corporation, which has him classified as lost property.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Krieg's from Hera and is on Pandora to clear up some business with the Hyperion corporation, which has him classified as lost property.

He's been to Hera, as a bounty hunter, but it's never said he's actually from there.

At some point he came to or was brought to Pandora and experimented on at the WEP by Jack and Dr. Samuels, just like Tina's parents were. He got royally hosed up and driven insane by slag mutation, escaped, and has been wandering the planet.

His motivation is purely to get revenge on Jack -- I don't think he gives a poo poo about the vault.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
What's the best kind of sniper rifle for Zero? I've used a bunch of Jacobs since the reduced damage never seemed with it on the Maliwan ones I found, maybe shock Hyperion is good? I just good a shock e-tech Vladof that seems cool but very easy to accidentally spend too much ammo on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Pimpernel on Zero.

Athena's history logs in pre Sequel say she's from Pandora because she mentions how she joined the crimson lance occupation force to find her sister on Pandora where they grew up. Then the Lance tricked her into purging the village where her sister was still living, and when she found out she started her rampage murdering the Atlas Corporation.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Pimpernel on Zero.

Ah, did Captain Scarlett already in my TVHM game and out leveled it, and I mostly used a Jacobs outside of Leviathan and some strong shields or big groups.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

BizarroAzrael posted:

What's the best kind of sniper rifle for Zero? I've used a bunch of Jacobs since the reduced damage never seemed with it on the Maliwan ones I found, maybe shock Hyperion is good? I just good a shock e-tech Vladof that seems cool but very easy to accidentally spend too much ammo on.

Maliwan Sniders with the Maliwan barrel (the one that looks sleek and futuristic and doesn’t have the central cylinder of the barrel exposed) are really good generic guns. They have really high elemental proc chance, but more importantly they have a powerful unlisted splash damage effect.

Purple Jakobs Muckamucks are the best generic Jakobs snipers. With Jakobs, purple and green sniper rifles are semi-automatic, whereas white and blue ones are bolt-action.

Hyperion snipers are generally bad, and the generic Vladofs are so-so. E-techs are pretty bad across the board without the community patch because they chew through ammo and I think they also have reduced critical damage.

You can do the quest “The Good, the Bad, and the Mordecai.” The end bosses of that quest are two NPCs who spawn at the church in the Dust. One of them drops the Lyuda, which is a very good Vladof legendary sniper rifle that fires bullets that split apart, tripling the listed damage. These two NPCs respawn, so you can farm them as much as you want.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 24, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
IIRC, Krieg is a Vault Hunter like the others who had an especially bad run-in with Hyperion.

Zer0 might be a native Pandoran, if only because he might be anything.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The best story recaps I've seen for BL 1 and 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNYZjkQOTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3MsfkZA_CM

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

So Salvador, Athena and Zayne are all native Pandorans turned Vault Hunters, right? None of the others are actually from the planet.

Fiona :colbert:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

How long had humans lived on pandora before the winter ended and the creatures left hibernation?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Bugsy posted:

The best story recaps I've seen for BL 1 and 2.

The cover at the end of the BL1 recap is pretty good.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Darth Walrus posted:

Zer0 is a beautiful, individual 'Iunno' I'll have you know.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Zer0 is a man that became an anime.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I dunno if everyone knows this or not, but after you finish the main quest line of the Commander Lilith DLC, Brick has a quest that rewards you with a new Legendary Jakobs Sniper, and it's basically The Trespasser on crack.

edit:

Kerrzhe posted:

He's been to Hera, as a bounty hunter, but it's never said he's actually from there.

At some point he came to or was brought to Pandora and experimented on at the WEP by Jack and Dr. Samuels, just like Tina's parents were. He got royally hosed up and driven insane by slag mutation, escaped, and has been wandering the planet.

His motivation is purely to get revenge on Jack -- I don't think he gives a poo poo about the vault.

I think Krieg was a VH, but then he got captured and was experimented on by Hyperion to see if they could make some kind of Super Bandit. And they suuuuuuure did!

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 25, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Darth Walrus posted:

IIRC, Krieg is a Vault Hunter like the others who had an especially bad run-in with Hyperion.

so why are their so many raiders/psychos? i barely played the first game but i think it was kinda of the bulletstorm scenerio where the company used convicts to mine poo poo and it hosed them up.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so why are their so many raiders/psychos? i barely played the first game but i think it was kinda of the bulletstorm scenerio where the company used convicts to mine poo poo and it hosed them up.

I mean, that's basically it. Dahl swooped in, used convict labor, and then peaced out but left the convicts behind to fend for themselves.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Yeah, convicts used as slave labor in radioactive mines and then left behind when extremely deadly creatures woke up from hibernation

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
It's actually kind of impressive how much bullshit going on is directly responsible from Dahl, despite never really getting major spotlight.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I dunno if everyone knows this or not, but after you finish the main quest line of the Commander Lilith DLC, Brick has a quest that rewards you with a new Legendary Jakobs Sniper, and it's basically The Trespasser on crack.

And the quest has you fight a guy with a high chance to drop an effervescent sniper.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

It's actually kind of impressive how much bullshit going on is directly responsible from Dahl, despite never really getting major spotlight.

Well the antagonist from the new dlc is a former Dahl commander and Zarpedon was a main antagonist in pre Sequel so they've been making a comeback

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

These are pretty good. The character selection for the first one is very accurate.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well the antagonist from the new dlc is a former Dahl commander and Zarpedon was a main antagonist in pre Sequel so they've been making a comeback

Much is made of them originally colonising pandora and abandoning the slave labour there, they've always been credited for it being populated by lawless psychos.

Hate their guns though, why would I want my SMG to fire slower whilst aiming? Actually can have some goodwill for Hyperion for their SMGs and shotguns.

If I understand right, there will no longer be Torgue barrels on Maliwan guns now? There will be a selection of parts for each gun type for each manufacturer, at least for regular drops if I have it right. Always seemed like an aesthetic crapshoot before.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

watho posted:

Yeah, convicts used as slave labor in radioactive mines and then left behind when extremely deadly creatures woke up from hibernation

More than just convicts. It was basically all of the non senior (and some senior) Dahl staff due to a lack of transportation, iirc.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Where do they talk about the labor force being made out of convicts?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

Where do they talk about the labor force being made out of convicts?

One of the recordings from Patricia Tannis that you pick up as a quest in BL1 has this in it:

quote:

Day 493. Dahl Corporation just shut down their mining operations here on Pandora. I think they are insane. Or, that is, whoever is making the decision is insane. Iridium mining on this planet has been hugely lucrative for Dahl and has funded my project! It's been especially profitable given how low their labor costs are. I wonder what Dahl will do with all the unpaid convicts they've been using to work for their mines. I wonder if any of them will be my friend... What? Why are you always so jealous of me getting new friends? I'm turning you off.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Dahl is basically what happened if the military industrial complex turned into a full open corporate military dictatorship. The only thing that keeps them from being a giant threat to everyone else is the fact that they have their own stupid dynasties and ruling families that would rather put their loving 5 year old as the head of a space fleet than proven combat veterans.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Dahl is basically what happened if the military industrial complex turned into a full open corporate military dictatorship. The only thing that keeps them from being a giant threat to everyone else is the fact that they have their own stupid dynasties and ruling families that would rather put their loving 5 year old as the head of a space fleet than proven combat veterans.

That was Atlas. Who were a giant threat to everyone else despite putting a five-year-old in charge.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

Much is made of them originally colonising pandora and abandoning the slave labour there, they've always been credited for it being populated by lawless psychos.

Hate their guns though, why would I want my SMG to fire slower whilst aiming? Actually can have some goodwill for Hyperion for their SMGs and shotguns.

If I understand right, there will no longer be Torgue barrels on Maliwan guns now? There will be a selection of parts for each gun type for each manufacturer, at least for regular drops if I have it right. Always seemed like an aesthetic crapshoot before.

Dahl guns are crit machines. A blue or purple SMG will spit 3 bullets nearly simultaneously, making consecutive crits easy. This is especially apparent with their sniper rifles.

I'm not sure what you mean in the last paragraph. That's how it worked in the 3 games so far: each gun type is made by certain manufacturers, and each gun can have parts from different manufacturers. Like a Torgue barrel on a shotgun means it'll consume 4 ammo per shot and fire a ton of pellets.
Did they say they were changing this? Each manufacturer will have multiple options for each gun part, and a gun will only be made by parts from one manufacturer?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

Dahl guns are crit machines. A blue or purple SMG will spit 3 bullets nearly simultaneously, making consecutive crits easy. This is especially apparent with their sniper rifles.

They might be my favorite e-tech sniper rifles (the e-tech burst is significantly faster than the normal type), now that the community patch "fixed" them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Darth Walrus posted:

That was Atlas. Who were a giant threat to everyone else despite putting a five-year-old in charge.

I thought Atlus was super into greek mythology too?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Rinkles posted:

They might be my favorite e-tech sniper rifles (the e-tech burst is significantly faster than the normal type), now that the community patch "fixed" them.

What did the community patch change? I haven't played with it much.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

What did the community patch change? I haven't played with it much.

not sure if anything besides removing the crit penalty and the double ammo consumption, but they're now very powerful. feels much closer to how plasma casters compare to regular smgs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean arnt they kinda extinct as company? like their weapon cases are literally used as dumpsters.

Arcsquad12 posted:

sure but that game sucks rear end on a ton of levels. Athena is cool though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is the loot and difficulty curve in BL1 hosed up normally, or is it something in the enhanced edition? I'm continually finding loot and enemies that are five or six levels higher or lower than my character, often in the same locations. When my dude was 16 the vending machines were full of level 22 gear, and the Scorpio turret is, uh, not great a lot of the time and generally works better as a tank than as a source of damage.

Also despite the bizarre variability in loot, I might find a gun that's an upgrade every three hours or so? I've using the same combat rifle since I was level 12 and I'm 24 right now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

that's just how bl1 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Zer0 is a man that became an anime.

A manime, perhaps?