Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are they making any games for anyone else that they can steal the budget from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

platforms unannounced. fear the worst.

It's going to be always-online, so their microtransaction lootboosters won't have to compete with cheatengine.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Martout posted:

if reviews and people say the game is good and that I should play it

Don't worry. there's little risk of that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is this game... actually good?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Anyone know what "You can't explain that" does?

Tide goes in, tide goes out.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm playing a minigun moze and thinking of restarting. My skills don't do anything different outside of Bear and when I jump in my fuel gies really quickly. Maybe when I get to ice miniguns rhat will change.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Caidin posted:

I think you can just repec at the New-U rather then having to start another Moze?

I meant I was thinking of being punchgirl.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Have the skill trees vanished from the borderlands website? I was just visiting to decide if I want to play Amara or Zane and I can't see them.

Edit: Why does this game punish starting a new game so harshly? I have to alt-tab and wait through huge amounts of unskippable cutscenes and claptrapping, occasionally tabbing back to walk a few metres.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 16, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

You can queue for them like you would multiplayer. There's a Proving Grounds option and a mini raid i can't think of the name of right now.

I found a 'proving grounds' option in Social, but is there a way to do them solo? Setting my group privacy settings to 'local only' just locked me out entirely. I don't seem to be able to skip the matchmaking and go in either.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Sep 16, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What do I need to do to be able to open the single-player Proving Grounds? Mose just says 'missing some equipment' when I try to activate the one on Promethea. Do I have to progress the main story more?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Some of my Vladof have the option to engage additional barrels to increase ROF. Is there any reason to use normal mode?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Is there any reason to hang on to legendary guns that are well past their usefulness?

You can pass them on to a new character if you make one.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Finding the logs for Tannis gives me loot, do the other collectibles give anything except xp?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm level 20 and I'm yet to set a legendary.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've seen plenty of uniques, but zero yellow-coloured actual legendaries.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This plot really, really doesn't make sense. Unless Lilith is literally brain-dead.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What am I missing about weapons like this? Yeah they have fancy effects... but they don't seem to actually kill anything.
(it's got that weird flesh-goop on it, if you can't make it out on the image)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tei posted:

Everyone is on a race to open all vaults. Corporations, bandits and other vaulthunters. I think we have to think that withouth our actions, that power will end in bad hands.

So, the Calypso twins want the power inside vaults and if we get it that would presumably be bad. So what are we going to do? Try to open a vault of course! We succeed, open a vault, and the twins get the power inside and it's bad. What's the next step Lilith? Apparently it's to open another vault.

Wouldn't we be better suited going after the actual problem, i.e. the twins? Or if that's not on the table for some reason we should play keep-away with the vault relics keeping them out of the hands of the twins and not opening vaults with them. The only way the plot so far makes sense is if Lilith is actively working for the twins.

Does Thin Red Line activate Desperate Measures? I assume not, but...

Edit: What does the 'double penetrating' on this bad boy do?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Sep 21, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

watho posted:

do people forget that you actually stop the calypsos from getting the power of the eden-6 vault? and yeah, Lilith’s character arc is getting over her fear of failure and finally attacking the calypsos head on.

She claims she slurped it up from the dead guardian.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm getting plenty of legendaries now and they seem... bad. I tend not to use them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I'm getting my rear end whipped by like half the bosses. Not even close to killing Killavolt, not getting through the shields on the Captain guy on Athenas.

Make sure to use Shock on Taunt. He's resistant to fire, cold and corrosive.
Also, his weak point is on his back.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I like to use Iron Bear as a 'recover shields' button.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's lots of checkpoints, and if you quit you'll come back to the last checkpoint. If you Travel away you'll have to run the full distance back.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why would I object to Pandora exploding? It's a horrible planet and we're better off without it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I recently got Burning Chomper and it is grotesquely overpowered.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wait until you do The Demon In The Dark. Now that's a shotgun.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DPS is often higher but accuracy suffers. Great on Atlas ARs since seeking makes all the bullets hit anyway.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't grok the ending.
I already killed the destroy-ything. Let Elpis shatter Pandora, I don't give a gently caress.
I guess if there's an even bigger destroyer inside I can kill that too and get some even better loot?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I annihilated that thing with a Torgue corrosive shotgun to the fuel tanks. It didn't get time to do much to me.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there any way to save-edit? I want to try out FLAK, but I don't want to grind through the low levels again.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wow, Fl4k is something else aren't they?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

(PC) So is there a way to not patch when I go home tonight? I don't think Epic allows you to play offline...

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do I run offline? I can't even click to start the game until Origin finishes logging in.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Numberwang!!! posted:

If that's not possible is there any place online to find save files for the PC version? I'm just looking for basic save files where the main story is complete.

All the saves I can find are level 50 + covered in legendaries.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Playing through a second time, I'm using this trainer. XP set to 2x so I can focus on the main quest and ignore the sidequests until I've done it, and money set to 5x so I can ignore any items that I don't actually want (and would just be picking up to sell).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How is post-nerf Fl4k?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

euphronius posted:

The nerf was only one skill augmentation

But it's the one everyone called out as being incredibly powerful. How powerful is it now / how much did the nerf hurt?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

^ Occultist. Guaranteed drop from Troy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Do Maliwan SMGs just suck? I've seen them appear to melt people in videos but they always seem weak.

They seem bad to me, looking at the numbers. I've got the Hellshock legendary machine-pistol though and it absolutely melts people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I play on PC so whenever characters start yammering I alt-tab and browse the internet until they stop. I can't imagine playing this on console. I guess I'd be going and getting a lot of snacks.

Fake edit: I was doing this on the first playthough, so it's not just a 'subsequent playthroughs' thing.