Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Has there been a source of funbucks for the stupid SHIFT rewards currency that I missed?
I'm at 4 of 8 required 'get 8 guns for a legendary' and I see no damned hope of getting the other four at this rate.
Have I missed codes somewhere? I've done every possible tie-in that they ask for. I'm a consumer whore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Groetgaffel posted:

I've been playing BL1 over the weekend. I'm pretty sure Lilith is still my absolute favourite vault hunter to play as.

I got lucky with drops from just regular dudes, and got a hellfire shortly before rakk hive and now everything is on fire all the time and it owns. :black101:

Same tbh.
She was the best.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'm on board with less Tiny Tina in my game.
Most loathsome character there.

That being said, the DnD campaign DLC was good enough that I forgive how prominently she features in it.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I just beat a boss that gave me a double barreled version of that wave-blob shotgun from BL2 with some insane damage for the level.

Not bad...

Stop by the bar and play some slots and I get a legendary amp shield that gives 120% amp damage.

Well then...

Playing as a brawler Amara, with a class mod that boosts weapon damage another 60% when I am in melee range, and this shotty erases basasses in one hit.

I'm using the bouncing phasegrasp, so it involves sprinting in and oneshotting suspended enemies and everything else pulled into the vortex augment, then following the phasegrasp to the next 4 targets and doing it again.

Only thing I dislike is that skill cooldown doesn't start until all the phasegrasps expire, and the vortex only applies to the first one.

I've also found a gas engine driven pistol that shoots knives and gives %120 melee damage, and literally a UT shock rifle called the ASMD - clunky to use but it does nutso shock aoe.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 14, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Just hit 30 and swapped from punchy Amara to elemental shooty Amara and daaaamn.
Using the jumping Phasegrasp, and the stars of the show is are anointed shield that does a constant AOE damage pulse while Phasegrasp is active, and a charge-up-automatic ice/fire Maliwan shotgun that erases dudes. Grasp a dude, run up to him, magdump - follow to the next dude that gets grabbed, repeat.
Mixed with the skill that insta-reloads your magazine if you kill a phaselocked enemy and, well... 5 dudes at a time die immediately, a bunch end up ragdolled by the ability vortex, and every gun I shoot has bonus elemental damage, random elemental effects, and all manner of nonsense attached to it. Made even my old level 20 infinity pretty useful.
So far those charge-up Maliwan shotties are my jam, though. I've seen 3 sorts: Charge and release to fire a burst, charge and release to fire a big shockwave (These are pretty neat but kind of limited), charge and hold to fire on full auto (these melt faces - but eat your Shotgun ammo stores alive).
Punchy Amara was incredible while I had my Pointy Psycho Stabber, an smg that shoots knives - but most importantly has a 150% melee damage bonus. If I find others like that I'll probably go back to fisting faces.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 15, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I just found an insane Legendary grenade.

It tosses one grenade that splits into two...
Both these grenades home in on enemies...
But they are actually little drones that shoot, apply ice and shatter people, and pick new targets if theirs dies.
Otherwise they fly into things and explode.

I throw drones now.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 15, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If anyone wants this please let me know?

I am hooked on Elemental amara but this seems like an INSANE punchgirl artifact:

--------

I've been using this bad boy:

Shoots big energy bolts that split on enemy-hit, targeting nearby enemies and splitting again, etc - result is one good hit can wipe out an entire group, and elemental Amara can make this absolutely vile in practice.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 16, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Mr Scumbag posted:

Y'know... I've been playing on Mayhem 3 for a while now and despite the fact that it's supposed give a +500% bonus to loot quality I'm really not seeing that at all.

On the bright side, it still feels less overtuned that UVHM in BL2.

Works fine by me?
I've been dicking around with it. Guaranteed legendaries from each little 'zone', sometimes dudes explode into multiple legendaries when I punch them into red mist. I've found legendaries in trash containers.
It's nuts! And the modifiers are actually fun to play around with.
Big fan of Mayhem mode.

Playing punchy Amara, because when I finished the story with Elemental Amara, the game immediately gave me a Legendary Class Mod and Artifact that ENORMOUSLY benefits punchygirl.
Within a few minutes of trying out Mayhem, I found a Ripper (smg with a bayonet that increases damage to melee'd targets) and a Butcher (insanely high ROF shotgun that sometimes doesn't use ammo), and have been going around absolutely shredding things.
Throw in a Transformer (shield that HEALS off electric damage) and an AOE electric gun - and I can keep my shields topped up on demand. It's legit pretty broken, actually.

Now to get to 50 and start painstakingly searching for these things all over again!

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 16, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If any low level folks would like money, let me know (DarkDobe on Epic thing) and I will come shoot some guns at you to sell. Helps with the SDU upgrades immensely.

I also really appreciate that the radio broadcasts change after you kill Tyreen - to things like 'It's what she would have wanted' etc - nice little detail

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 16, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

This is completely anecdotal but it feels like drops changed overnight.

Last night after beating the game, I cranked it up to mayhem 3 to test the waters and was literally drowning in legendaries. Like, one guaranteed legendary per 'section' of map, enemies exploding into multiple legendaries, just nonsensical.

Today, going through the same areas, three clears and I haven't seen a single one. Maybe I just had insane luck last night but now it's greens blues and purps for days but not a legendary in sight.

---------------------

Well, I got something I didn't know existed: an annointed legendary!

This thing is INSANE

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 16, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The Jumpoff posted:

How easy is it to go from beating the final boss straight to Mayhem 3? Do i need to be level 50 to have a chance or should i just work my way through the mayhem's until i feel comfortable, or can i just jump straight up without getting my robot-teeth kicked in super hard?

Crank it up as you are comfortable.

I am playing punchy amara, so Mayhem three just means more punching - and being more careful about not taking on too many bad guys at once. The modifiers can make or break things, though - read 'em!
I've never seen a Mayhem modifier that screws over Melee, fortunately - usually it buffs one element, nerfs two elements, normal guns -always- suck, and then some other stuff thrown in.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Just hit 50 on Amara and this build has been solid as hell.
No, the punching isn't as juicy as I wish it was (but this is Mayhem 3, and I don't have any melee-boosing weapons/anointments).
Still, it erases most enemy shields in one hit, and armor doesn't fare any better - then I can get to Hellwalkering their health away. Shoot punch shoot punch rip. and. tear.

But for those curious, this is my build:

Healing from the passive, and from the AOE ground slam with the healing passive skill - it might not seem like much but it keeps you topped up plenty, especially in conjunction with the shield (listed below) and a self-damage electric source.

Supported by these three beauties (Two got both from the post-boss chest, and replaced one with a juicier version - the shield is from a quest on the last planet):

And with a mixture of delicious guns, these being my favourites:

This is literally the doom supershotgun. You can interrupt the reload with a melee and gain about 30% fire rate. Mind you this works for a LOT of guns, where racking the slide back and shouldering the gun happens after the ammo is in the mag (watch the counter on screen).

This is a laser beam and a rocket launcher built into one - it erases shields, the rockets do splash damage (for the shield above) and it is actually REALLY efficient, as the beam eats about 2 ammo a second, and since it uses AR ammo you have plenty to go around.

This is my only melee-buffing weapon right now, but also absolutely tears things apart. I've seen them in several elements (or none) and this one was the best so far. The gimmick is that it does increased damage to enemies that have been hit by the melee - and melee cancelling the reloads is immensely helpful.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Pirate Radar posted:

I haven’t quite found the right timing yet on meleeing in the middle of the reload but it’s cool to get that shoot-punch-shoot rhythm going

Watch for when the number in the magazine changes - I tend to melee a bit early if I'm not careful, but getting it right on a gun like the Ripper makes it deliciously potent.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

A pretty nice way of obtaining Legendaries is by helping your friends complete the final boss.
The reward chest you get at the end is crammed with legos, and they are level appropriate.
Last time I did so, I got 4 pistols and a shield.
Help your buddies out! Get that sweet loot. Boss is pretty fun, too.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

CuwiKhons posted:

Absolutely no part of Rhys' story in either game he's in involves him making good life choices. Including that godawful mustache.

I told him to keep it.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

GrossMurpel posted:

Also, can Amara become sort of like a Mass Effect vanguard, zipping around while alternatively punching people and shooting them with a shotgun? Or are you stuck just walking up to enemies?

Hell. Yes.

Mind you, she needs decent gear to actually DO anything with the punches.
I suggest leveling her as Elementalist (with the jumping Phasegrasp) as it absolutely shreds anything with even barebones guns and more so with elemental weapons.
Once you hit 40+ and get some juicy classmods/relics and weapons that buff Melee, you can start Rip and Tearing.

My only gripes are that the melee dash doesn't always actually hit your target but still goes on cooldown - and the damage it does feels very variable. Sometimes it erases mooks, sometimes it tickles them. I primarily use melee/elemental augment to erase shields or armor. Pretty much always roll as Shock Amara and swap to Corrosive if theres a lot of robots. She usually 1 hits the shields off any enemy, 1 or 2 hits for armor.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 17, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Bottom Liner posted:

Can you share game saves with this game like previous? I just finished the first play through with Fl4k and want to try other characters but starting in the second play through.

I'd imagine so?
Can look into sharing my Punchgirl and I wouldn't say no to a Fl4k.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The torgue gyrojet dart shotguns (set on sticky mode) are currently broken: each stuck dart increases damage by a flat amount - but they all buff each other leading to obscene damage.

Eg 1 dart gets 5%
2 darts get 5% x 2 so 10% EACH per dart!
so like 9 darts are each getting 45% -per dart- and it goes crazy

Don't think there is a legendary version but blue/purple ones absolutely erase enemies.

Fl4k breaks a few other guns with crit boosts - but everyone else gets torgue shotties for game-busting Splosions.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 17, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Rufio posted:

Did everyone find the really dumb way to remap keyboard/mouse driving controls? It involves going to your gamepad controller options and changing your driving perspective or some poo poo. At least I can shoot a different direction than I drive now.

No but I would like to know how?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

watho posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s intended behavior, stickies deal less damage and has a tiny splash radius but the more you stick on a single target the more each sticky does

I dont think it's supposed to scale exponentially like it does now, though.
Like a flat bonus to each dart yes - but the flat bonus is multiplied by the number of darts and applied to each dart.

Its the same way that some of the fragmentation grenades can 3 shot bosses when multiple exlosions hit at the same time e.g. the Porcelain Pipe Bomb.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 17, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

watho posted:

Doesn’t it say something like each projectile stuck on an enemy increases their damage by X%?

It does indeed - but I think the issue is that it is multiplying the additive bonus by the number of darts for each dart.
Ie as written:
5 darts with a 5% bonus per dart, each dart should get a 25% bonus, but what the game is doing is 5 darts for a 25% bonus TIMES 5, so a 125% bonus - for each dart.

It really shows on the shotguns that shoot 9+ projectiles if you empty the mag and detonate for something ludicrous like a 45x dart multiplier.
Like even 40 darts at 5% bonus is triple damage - which is beefy, but enemies that would take more than 3 mags to kill go down to one instead.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but whatever the intended effect, the torgue gyrojet shotties absolutely beat the piss out of any other gun if used this way - a few exceptions being crit flak with certain jakobs especially, or the butcher.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 17, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

watho posted:

Okay now I get it yeah that might be a bug

Its pretty fun, though!
Enjoy it while it lasts.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So I just got the worst possible combination for an otherwise amazing prefix/relic:

Behold!

It gives me lovely lifesteal... but then takes away all of my life and gives me shields instead.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

RatHat posted:

Combine it with the Moze class mod posted above and it could work. I dunno about melee Moze though...can any classes other than Amara make a melee build work?

It doesn't work at all - the lifesteal is absolutely useless.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So I think I found my favourite weapon in the game.
A matter of luck on the elements, too - but on Elemental Amara this thing is INSANE:

It's one of those three-shot-burst Maliwan shotties - except it has ZERO wind-up.
Just click to blat out 3 shots of radioactive waste or ice - all of which explode on impact in a significant (self-killy) radius.

Aaaand I just found this...
This... obscenity:

Why does this even exist!?

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 18, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Pirate Radar posted:

I also killed a legendary monster on Eden-6 and got a pretty orange shottie that has a big magazine but it seemed to do less damage than my other Jakobs shottie so I put it up on my wall on the ship. Maybe I’ll go back and kill that thing again and see if I roll another one.

Which shotgun was it? A lot of the orange guns have some quirky and sometimes unintuitive passive bonuses, so it might not be immediately apparent.
Some are just purely gimmicky fun, though.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Solarflare posted:

I think I was misunderstanding how this thing works. Do you have to hit the first enemy with it directly? My understanding was that you would just fire it out near them and it would latch on, but I didn't have much success getting it to work. I did get an Atlas pistol with the tracking grenade though, and that thing whips rear end.

I found a neato, if clunky, shoulder missile launcher that fires a vortex grenade as secondary, then 7 missiles at a time.
Theres also an atlas legendary where the homing bullets ricochet off the target and come back to hit again called Carrier.
The atlas guns are quirky but can be pretty fun, even if I wish the secondary mode had a visible cooldown.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Rinkles posted:

probably. the skill description just mentions stacking the effect to eventually freeze

Whenever Zane scores a Critical Hit on an enemy, there's a chance they will be Slowed. This effect stacks until the target is Frozen.

If you look at Cryo weapons, they have an 'efficiency' rating %X efficiency translates to %Y hp where the enemy will freeze. I think at 100% efficiency they freeze at 20% hp, so Zane's skill probably has a similar stat?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I ain't fixing this hotness yet!

If you want to avoid it, just disconnect while you're on the main menu.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

khy posted:

What exactly is weapon handling?

Pretty sure it's a mixture of 'everything'

Ads time, swap time, reload time, accuracy, bloom, sway, recoil etc - its how good you handle the gun vs some obscure baseline.

Someone has probably dived into it and compared - there's a few characters with handling talents, and some frame by frame comparisons could probably show what differences it makes.
There's also characters that specifically skill into things like swap speed, so it's probably not included in that? Would have to do some digging to really figure it out.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Clarste posted:

The patch change to Mayhem 3 is extreme. You used to get like 3-5 legendaries per room, now you get 0-1. It's not even the same game anymore. It's possible the nerf was only to Mayhem 3 and not the lower levels, if reports are so different.

It's definitely this. Mayhem 3 took a nosedive.

Truant and Gravedude used to drop 3-5 per kill, with 1 in the chests.

Post 'fix' you're lucky to see 1, maaaaybe 2, and chests are packed with greens.

Mayhem 2 is more lucrative -and- easier now.

Regarding the mentality that 'too many legendaries' spoil it: the diablo comparison is apt. Legendaries as common rewards works when there are literally hundreds of different ones, by name and element - and now by annointment. There's a massive potential array and if you're hunting for the 'perfect' roll, it's effectively about as stingy as BL2 was. Unlike Diablo, however, you can't DO anything with the subpar legendaries except sell em or toss em at someone else.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Sab669 posted:

I got one with "Bullets are cheap, but not that cheap" and it gives me 300,000 SMG rounds. It's got great DPS too.

Unfortunately it seems to be "immune" to ammo regen mods, so as a Bottomless Mags Moze it makes my skill tree completely loving worthless which is dumb.

It's using your money as ammo!

Re:

Six AM posted:

Is everyone's "reports" they've been reading about drops just the exact same reddit thread lol

It's from direct experience. Mayhem 3 sucks now.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Almost every zone in the game needs more fast travel beacons, and my GOD more vending machines, especially ammo.
Athenas is a great example.
Or the giant open central 'hub' on each planet. Eden has 2, but one you have to unlock and it's still hardly ideal. Vendomats especially should be sprinkled about.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Rolling through TVHM with elemental Amara and my two favourite guns are Trevonator and Ruby's Wrath. Flakker too, but that's less of a gun and more of a WMD.
I got insanely lucky with the Ruby, and it came with a 250% weapon damage on Phasecast anointment, and excessively high (2058x7) damage rolls -and lemme tell ya, this thing deletes badasses, groups of enemies, bosses, anything I get up close and shotgun - just a juicy monster of a rocket launcher. Most rocket launchers (and snipers) feel kind of trashy with the sole exception of lightning/corrosive launchers for deleting the shields/armor of the really tanky rear end in a top hat enemies. This one though? If you find it - or the purple variants (Atlas multi-rocket shoulder launcher with a tag-grenade) - give them a shot!
Maliwan guns put off some folks because of the clunky charge-up mechanics, but Trevonator does away with them. It's a three-round burst shotty with no chargeup, that shoots explosive bolts (which you can kill yourself with very easily) and can come in any elemental flavour. I have a cryo/rad one, and my buddy runs with a lightning/corrosive one for removing those specific types of HP. Just mind your ammo consumption!

Other surprisingly neat guns to keep an eye out for:
CoV assault rifles with alien barrels, and CoV rocket launchers - these tend to be 'beam' guns, which do a surprisingly high amount of damage. The latter especially have some incredibly high DPS, even though the ammo pool the launchers drain from tends to run out quickly.
Jakob's shotguns - this keeps getting brought up and it really can't be overstated. Jakob's shotties are disgusting, especially playing as flak, or if you can consistently crit with the things. If you can find a triple barrel variant (generally signified by 'uses 3 ammo per shot) - they tend to also roll in odd ammo counts that end up discounting your last shot fired. This applies to any gun, but the shotguns that eat multiples of ammo benefit greatly from their ammo count being offset from a multiple.
Maliwan shotguns - they come in three varieties: pulse, full-auto, and three-shot burst. All of them have a chargeup, but the automatics are very potent for quickly applying elemental effects.
Bitch/Nighthawkin/Ripper - legendary SMG's that are a cut above the rest. Bitch is a generally 'over-statted' SMG that can roll in any element. Nighthawkin is a burst/auto smg that does cryo/fire damage, and has an insanely potent burst fire that shoots faster than automatic. Ripper can come in any flavour, and does increased damage to targets that you stab with the bayonet.
Dahl Snipers - They come in a few varieties of trigger modes, but generally the most useful is semi + auto or semi + burst. Though snipers aren't really all that great, the Dahl guns have a higher than average damage, and the option of burst/auto firing them in mid/close range lets them perform surprisingly well. Malak's Bane is an interesting Maliwan alternative for sniping, as it features an shotgun alt-fire.
Tediore guns in general - their passive benefits can be hilariously potent with the right combination. Cryo guns with Mirv and Shoot, especially, can be absolutely devastating to fleshy enemies. There are a lot of passive modes, including some special/legendary Tediores that spawn floating drones. Yeah it's the 'lovely guns' corporation, but there's some really fun ones thrown into the mix.

Good legendary grenades:
Storm Front - a longbow grenade that vomits out 6ish submunitions that turn into tesla coils. Absolutely devastating to shields, and they do not cause self damage.
Hex (cloning or Mirv especially) - Mentioned prior, these spawn grenades that orbit enemies and constantly apply their element. Can be extremely potent in cryo especially. The MIRV variant is better as it makes 3 grenades, though cloning is also nice.
Hunter seeker (cryo especially) - This grenade spawns drones that fly towards an enemy while shooting at it (like the Tediore passive). If the target dies before they hit, they'll pick a new one. Cryo variant is lethal to fleshies, as it tends to shatter them to pieces quickly.
Quasar - Creates a vortex that ragdolls nearby enemies for a considerable period, including heavies like the Maliwan powersuits. Pairs amazingly well with splash damage weapons like Ruby's Revenge or any big launcher.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 21, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Hammerstein posted:

At first glance this is an unremarkable, auto-pistol.

Then you throw it, which costs you the rest of the ammo in the mag and spawns 3 homing missiles, which hit harder than most grenades, namely for over 7K each. I still gotta test if this somehow scales off gun damage and can be boosted further.

On Mayhem 3 you can simply sit in cover, fire one shot, hit reload to throw the gun and spam the screen full of homing missiles to clear everything. The walking gun drone and homing mirv versions seem to be the rarest of the Tediore drops however.

Theres versions that home in like that but also shoot while they do it - I like those the most, as they sometimes murder the target and find new ones.

Someone earlier asked 'what does Double Penetrating' prefix do - it shoots twice the usual number of projectiles, and eats twice the ammo.
You can find that modifier on almost any gun, but they have different names for different corporations.
Torgue = double penetrating
Hyperion = redundant
Vladof = annexed
Atlas = cost effective (as noted below - thanks!)

aaaaand I cant remember the rest off the top of my head. If it's a rifle and has an x2 (or more) for the damage and says it eats more than 1 ammo, it's probably 'doubled'. This can apply to any weapon type so far as I know, and a good many legendaries. I've found a Redundant Butcher and it shoots twice the usual projectiles.
Mind you, the trade off on these is ammo consumption and a loss of per-shot damage: if you compare a regular gun and its doubled version, the double one will usually have about 30% less damage per-bullet but shoot twice as many, so they come out ahead in the ballpark of 50% raw dps (but way less sustainability on account of the magazine impact). Fl4k loves these (with the crit ammo regen) and Moze also.

------------------

I know I keep gushing about it but it's delightful:

https://gfycat.com/agileevergreenasiandamselfly

Amara does get a ton of benefits out of her elemental tree when paired with the rush/phasecast boosts - in this case 25% more damage to targets hit.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 21, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding Amara's talents, I'm a little confused about some of her elemental stuff. Some talents saying they make you do a percent of damage as your Action Skill element, while others increase the percent of elemental damage. Does this mean that, if you have (for example) a Corrosive weapon and Shock for your Action Skill, that the former talent would make the weapon also do X% Shock in addition to the Corrosive damage, and the latter would increase the Corrosive (and Shock if you have the former talent) damage by Y%? Am I correct in thinking that this would end with you frequently doing at least 2 different elemental damage types with your attacks?

I'd also like to point out that a lot of her classmods in that tree like to benefit that skill specifically - and it's not a very good one to push past 4-5 points.
So: save your points and spend them elsewhere, and let the classmod bring you up near 30-50% conversion for the most effective setup.
Most of the time you should be running with your Fire elemental passive - but sometimes it's beneficial to use shock (versus endless Maliwan and some bosses). Corrosive can be left to a specific gun (usually a launcher) for the rare enemies that really need their armor gone. I use a corrosive Laser-Sploder and it's magical.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Who else is having 'fun' with Anointed Zealots?

Of all the enemies - and bosses - that the game throws at you, these shitbags are absolutely atrocious to fight.
Reflective shield? Check.
Random teleportation? Check.
Invulnerability phases? Check.
Invulnerability phases that also shoot nukes at you while in effect? Double check!

That said, some tips for fighting them:
*Don't do it alone - yeah, sometimes you're not playing with friends, but soloing them is insanely more difficult, because it's hard to get around the shield.
*Outrange them - at a long enough range they have trouble keeping aggro, and you can usually get some free headshots in on them with a good rifle, or pick at them with a big launcher.
*DoT type grenades - 'blight' or the Hex grenades do a steady amount of damage to them while they are active (and not in one of their bullshit phases)
*Atlas guns, especially the rocket launcher - I keep singing the praises of these guns, but here especially they shine, letting you tag and shoot around (ideally OVER) the shield and into their heads. A good Ruby's Revenge can kill the annointed in one magazine worth of rockets, but you need to be shooting overhead and have enough clearance. Other atlas guns can shoot around the shield more reliably.

If anyone else has some foolproof or at least reliable methods for dealing with these asshats, please share your wisdom!

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 23, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

abaddonis posted:

4. This is the biggest one for me: why are there so few fast travel spots? I left Katagawa Ball to go pick up some things, explore, take a break, stop losing money, etc... I have to fight through the entire goddamned level just to go fight him again.

A thousand times this.

For Katagawaball (I farmed him for Tsunami earlier) - you get to use the goddamn elevator and cut off a good amount of the trip if you come back to the moon.
Still, a bit of a run.

--------------

Not sure who decided this was a good design choice but - the last upgrade in the offense Guardian tokens "Enemies explode when killed with a critical" Is absolutely suicidal for a lot of closer-range play, or for your pet if you dare to snipe someone who your minion is attacking.
Doubly so for a Fl4k trying to use shotguns during Fade Away - the explosions are more lethal to friendlies than they are to enemies.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 23, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Re Killavolt -

If you just wanna murder the rear end in a top hat at some point, wait until you get the Transformer and you can fall asleep during.

Otherwise yes, he's tedious - shock resitance helps. Jumping constantly helps. The floor turns yellow before it electrifies and you can avoid a good deal of it.

homullus posted:

...Amara also has the "arms provide Damage Reduction" thing, but I haven't tried that yet.

This one is marginally useful. Best combined with a low cooldown skill and the cooldown reduction from the blue tree.
Otherwise I neglected it for favour of tankiness in Brawl and the lifesteal in elemental.

The best lifesteal relic you can hope for is one that gives lifesteal + random element on punches.

Brawl amara is very gear dependent - like you need the full gamut of 300% melee shield, lifesteal relic, melee classmod - either the tankiness one or the proc ability mod on kill-, face punch shotgun or a good psycho stabber - and ideally some anointments.

You can get away with shittier gear but you'll take forever to kill anything even if you can't die.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Songbearer posted:

Also I got the good ending for Rhys where he shaves his loving moustache off

Painfully incorrect.

Fl4k has a whole poem about the magnificence of that moustache that everyone needs to hear.