Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

where the gently caress is my krieg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so that leak said Laser and Ice would not be returning, but there's definitely cryo shots and lasers in the trailer

edit: there is also one shot in the trailer which has a purple color but who knows if it's actually slag :shrug:

Arcsquad12 posted:

I hope they have BL1 style level scaling and not the joke "unload my entire stash of ammunition into a rabid nightstalker that oneshots me" level scaling in BL2.

krieg laughs at your level scaling, and at the fact that you use ammunition at all!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Except Krieg's self damage scales retardedly as well so you end up one shotting yourself if you go for Silence the Voices

i remember hearing/reading about this, i'm struggling to remember if i ever actually got high enough in OP levels for this to have happened to me personally. i think i only ever made it to OP 4 :\

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Gravy Jones posted:

but could be someone else.

nah i think we know who that is

(especially with the boardgame box revealing her new outfit from the front)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

orcane posted:

I should really play the Telltale game :thunk:

it's actually quite good, and Some Important Story Things Happen that are definitely going to carry forward into 3

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Risky Bisquick posted:

e: while i'm still here let's talk how David Eddings has a suspicious gap in employment since February. Claptrap might get his original VA.

is eddings not his original VA?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

Probably Timothy, Jack's bodydouble from TPS.

pretty sure he's the guy you kill in Opportunity

also it's probably just a third hammerlock sibling

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

timothy lawrence underwent full plastic surgery to become jack

the body double you kill in opportunity is using a holographic disguise

they are not the same person

aw heck woops

i never played any DLC for TPS so i never really got into timothy's story. do we know what happened to him?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

uh the only character you need to play is krieg?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's absolutely going to be on EGS only because randy doesn't give a poo poo and just wants the big money up front that epic is almost certainly going to bribe him with

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

why bother? either it works (like 50/50 at best) and then he can react or it doesn't and one of his competitors shoots themselves in the foot. it's not like anyone is excited about installing another launcher.

as a long time MMO player, another launcher on top of the giant pile of single-game launchers is far from new

i mean poo poo even BL2 had its own little launcher for some fuckin reason

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DeathSandwich posted:

On a lark when I heard the news I went and reinstalled BL2. I played it back in the day, but I figure now was a good a time as any to start a krieg playground. His talents seem kind of not great at low level but his active is so goddamn fun that I don't care. I'm level 17 and I've gone down the middle talent tree so far - I'm thinking once I get high enough level to really come online to switch to the "set yourself on fire for fun and profit" tree.

But man though, I picked up that "throw explosives in fight for your life" talent and it is absolute hot loving garbage it does like 100 damage a toss vs my shotgun pushing nearly 4 figures. It seems like he doesn't really have much for tentpole talents that really fundamentally changes his strategy like anarchy or harmony or the like.

the talent you're looking for is Release the Beast, as mentioned above, but my personal journey with leveling a krieg always went Bloodlust after filling out Mania. Exploding axes rules, and if you manage to keep playing long enough through UVHM to unlock both RtB and Bloodsplosion you will never ever want to go back to anything else

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AkumaHokoru posted:

thank you. I didn't know how to build kraig.

any time, krieg is the best character and i love helping.

it's been a while since i played BL2 but pretty much all his talents are either decent or good or great, the only exception being Pull the Pin. don't waste a point on it.

Light the Fuse and Silence the Voices scale weirdly at high levels though, so feel free to respec out of those as soon as they start to be a detriment. (Light the fuse starts not doing enough damage to kill stuff even with the final explosion in TVHM, and StV ends up doing too much self-damage for some people :black101: )

edit: here's what i vaguely remember doing with my points back in the day: http://bl2skills.com/psycho.html#51501111550100505500145150050140000 could probably be min/maxed a lot better but it was fun to play

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 2, 2019

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pylons posted:

I'll buy it on EGS. Not really bothered.

same, my need to know what Krieg has been up to the last 5 years is far too great to care about a launcher that i already installed to play Satisfactory

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hahaha man that is a masterful loving troll

not only is hl3 never getting announced but even if it did he still wouldn't put BL3 on steam

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Crasical posted:

I'm willing to bet you're gonna be sorely disappointed!

Krieg is very much a 'written yourself into a corner' situation because once he's a viewpoint character you lose all of the 'ex vault hunter supersoldier prototype' stuff because he can't articulate it and nobody knows to go digging into it. He's just an unexplainable friendly Psycho to the rest of the vault hunters.

So, on one hand he's very popular, on the other hand, it's not clear where to go story-wise for him. My immediate guess is that he'll get killed off for drama.

Other options that I think are less likely are joining Maya with whatever the subplot with her apprentice/daughter/bluehairedminiclone is, and hanging out with the Children of Helios as they try and fix him (and being Ripped Abs Brothers with Vaugn)

the only way i'd be truly disappointed is if he's just completely forgotten and never actually mentioned anywhere at all, which i'd say has a 50% chance of happening.

i'd give a 30% chance to him just being mentioned by someone offhand or is killed/"busy" somewhere off screen, 10% chance of him being just a static NPC in the background somewhere with no dialogue, and 10% chance or less of him giving out a silly quest for laughs. 0% chance of them actually taking his character seriously or giving him any character development time.

there's tons of stuff they COULD do with him, the reason i love his character so much is because there's so much potential for him. whether they actually bother to come up with anything is another story.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Shoehead posted:

The gently caress did they do to Angel?

:confused:

oh i guess this is in reference to BL1 angel? what did they change on her?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

eonwe posted:

Randy is kinda like that CEO that everyone knows is loving crazy and a liability and usually more responsible people edge him out of the company, but nobody ever was able to here

no wonder he likes elon musk so much

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'd bet ashly burch gave her brother more poo poo about being a gross dweeb than anyone

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i only ever played Krieg and I had to use the DPUH while hiding behind a concrete barrier to kill that stupid fuckin robot dinosaur :argh:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i forgot hammerlock was gay.

is it offensive if i say it shouldn't matter whether a character is gay or not? i have no idea these days.

Tendales posted:

Is there a specific joke behind people calling Janey Springs Jenny Sparks? Because I've seen it other places besides here and I can't tell if it's a reference to something or just a collective brainfart.

also this, who the gently caress is jenny sparks??

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah borderlands is not a great example for this sort of stuff, even when you have decent ones like axton and hammerlock they still manage to gently caress it up with poo poo like janey.

the most important thing is writing a good character to start with, and it's even more of a struggle when the best character of all time already exists (it's krieg)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

"What did he do to your character right before the game?"

He lured you onto a train and then blew it up leaving you for dead in the frozen wastes?

unless you're Krieg, in which case he tortured you, mutated you, drove you insane, and THEN blew up your train and left you for dead in the frozen wastes.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

giving away random loot is extremely dumb but being able to see a streamer's gear and build without having to badger them about it is nice.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pylons posted:

I think the way skills work is completely different across characters. Amara has an "Attack component" an "Effect Component" and an "Elemental Component", Zane has a "Grenade slot" and an "Action skill slot" with two augments for each.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Zane looks actually pretty insane. It's like some weird combination of Fake Jack, Zero and Brick's Blaster tree all rolled into one.

where are you guys seeing these things?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i want to play FL4K and i hope his talents are cool and good also

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

that is not the voice i expected zane to have

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

tediore will probably always be my favorite brand because boy do i hate reloading

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this stupid clickbait article is actually driving me nuts

except there's NO LINK OR VIDEO OF WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE ARRRRRGHGHGH

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

gently caress, i'm running on like 3 hours of sleep

matureaudiencesonly posted:

If you dont want to go through the clickbait article, rhys pops up in this stream around 17:39: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fYe_369nXw

He sounds...familiar :thunk:

thank you. he does sound familiar, but it mainly sounds like the guy is trying to sound as much like handsome jack as possible.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i got to meet Eddings and Mikey Neumann (lead creative guy and voice of Scooter) at SDCC and they were fun dudes. i don't know if mikey is still involved in BL3.

sucks that pitchford screws his best people over so bad.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i remember when i saw them at the con and went to say hi they were both like "huh? you're here to see US??" and they were very excited and signed some BL comic books for me. the narrator guy for dbz was also hanging out at their booth (the "NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL ZEEEE" guy) and that was neat. :allears:

Mr E posted:

Mikey does Filmjoy now since he had to stop working due to his disability.

i'll have to check this out

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i might be totally okay without buying this game right away (or at all if krieg's not in it)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Did I completely miss some info on Krieg?

nah he's just my favorite character so i hope they don't forget about him

obviously he won't be playable but i still want to see him in game somewhere.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pylons posted:

Wonder what that means exactly. Entirely new DLC trees?

probably just level cap boosts

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

fl4k is the best

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dang zane's got a cool jacket

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Its Coke posted:

Do you need to play any Borderlands games before Tales from the Borderlands?

yeah 2 for sure, TPS maybe.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ok i tried looking her up and i have no idea who this lady is or who her ex is

edit: i couldn't find who her ex is but if it's chris hardwick i know who that is but i didn't know he did anything bad?

edit: i put in 5 more seconds of effort and looked on wikipedia and she hasn't ever actually said who her abusive ex was so okay then

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv8D0jUJ1Gw

new trailer

still no krieg sighting