Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So uh yeah, Zane clone with either the Light Snow or Back Burner is a hilarious killing machine. I have an electric back burner and I wear a transformer. This pretty much makes the clone and I invincible as he is always shooting.

Also I have a non-elemental light snow with 200% damage on skill use and holy poo poo does it hit like a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

bamhand posted:

Is it only the nukes that are good? I think I tried acid spray and punching and they were both terrible.

Equipping an OPQ and holding down the mouse button still works great though! Even at 60.

People really like the railguns apparently for bosses that have shields.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Besides some of the more awesome quest reward grenades, what are some quest reward guns worth getting? I am playing shield-clone Zane btw.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Hellwalker is loving awesome.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Rip and Tear

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hamsystem posted:

Edit: Speaking of good legendaries, I'm so glad they buffed the hellwalker. Right after hitting 65 I picked one up with the 200% damage while action skill is active on Zane. I forget the exact base damage but it's somewhere in the 270-280k range and it owns.

Zane's clone with the hellwalker is actually pretty loving amazing. He has a pretty good distance with it considering it's a shotgun.

What weapons do you all use with Zane clone? I've found the light show, hellwalker and the blood-starved beast work really well with it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hamsystem posted:

That sniper that makes lightning storms whose name I can't think of works really well. OPQ still wrecks even for a level 57. Those 2 and hellwalker are pretty much my gotos.

I think it is just called Storm. I got one in the bank, I will give it a shot.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Clone with a Sandhawk or Hellshock is what I'm rocking right now. I had a build with a cryo light show that absolutely wrecked, but I have to re-farm that flavor of Light show thanks to the cap increase.

From what I'm hearing here I should probably re-equip my 300/90 OPQ on my clone...

I had a corrosive sandhawk that the clone loving annihilated with. I gotta farm another one...

I love the hellshock, never actually tried it on the clone though :eng99:

Darth Walrus posted:

Brainstormer means nobody anywhere near you has any shields (and anything without shields will still take respectable damage), the Lyuda has insane DPS (and serves up a mouth-watering buffet of Lootsplosion headshot kills) and the Ion Cannon does reliably brutal damage. Basically, if a gun looks really good except for the fact that it will melt through your limited ammo reserves, giving it to your clone will work wonders.

Ion cannon can be fun, I will need to go farm one.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dewgy posted:

It still screws with my head that Lilith and Tannis have the same VA.

Yup me too. When my brother told me I didn't believe him until I checked the IMDB page.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I really enjoyed Bounty of Blood. The whole vibe of it felt rather refreshing.

Also, the song that the bard sings has been stuck in my head this morning.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Zane is kind of loving insane right now. I know they are probably going to nerf this, but holy poo poo. Moxsy has a pretty awesome ricochet build for Zane right now and it loving murders everything.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Best part of arms race is that not every gun is blinding me every time I pull the trigger. It's a nice change being able to see what I am shooting.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Attestant posted:

I think I liked Bounty of Blood the best just because it wasn't bogged down by returning characters and excessive Borderlands humor. It almost felt like a little trip back to the more muted tone of the first game.

100% this. It was pretty refreshing truth be told.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Judge Tesla posted:

Hopefully they can get off their asses and give the Timesplitters remasters to Gearbox.

:same:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
They don't understand why a whiny, angesty teen that pretty much is considered to be the reason a fan favorite character died is un-liked?

Really? Really now?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Judge Tesla posted:

According to Gearbox, quite a bit of context around Ava was cut out so we only saw like half her character, or something.

:jerkbag:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

If that's true (narrator: it is not true) it would explain why she is just shallow and intensely annoying. It makes me wonder if a lot of content with the twins was cut (narrator: it was not) leaving them similarly shallow and dumb.

I think the more likely explanation is the writing just sucked balls overall compared to other Borderlands games.

The twins always struck me as "What if we made 2 Handsome Jacks that were also millennials?"

The characters personalities stuck the landing (to me at least) much like the Hindenburg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BizarroAzrael posted:

Talking of farming:

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1377652051304415233?s=20

Sounds like you'll only be farming for parts/stats now, which I find is much easier than getting the right anoint. More details coming from their stream.

That is fantastic.