Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is there a way to get level scaling in your first playthrough? I did a DLC and now I’m stupidly overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sex Hobbit posted:

Nope, gotta just blast through it now.

Dammit. I had really been having fun but now I’m just insta-melting everything and it’s pretty boring.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Man, what is it with Borderlands and backtracking? I’m having fun with this game and then it sends me to the same chunk of a hub to spend five minutes going through an area that I’ve already been through to get to the next hub. Tons of back and forth between sanctuary and meridian for like zero reason. Considering people have been begging them to tone that down since the first one it’s baffling to me they’re on game number four and still havent changed.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I enjoy NPC chatter too, but the borderlands games let it drag the pace to a screeching halt by not letting you at least progress the game til it’s done. If I could be running to the next objective and blasting some mooks while I listened to it instead of waiting for Lilith to take my vault key fragment or whatever, it would be way less obnoxious.

E:and the worst part is the games have gotten worse about this in each installment!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

denereal visease posted:

Started playing this with my partner last weekend, but they were having an issue using a USB controller on PC.

The game would randomly switch movement controls from the analog sticks to the dpad. Has anyone run into that issue and found a solution for it?

Googling "borderlands 3 pc controller switch analog dpad" only returns garabge :(

Are you playing on Steam? You may have to set steam controller settings to “forced off”.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I really wish FL4K was more interesting to play, ProZD’s voice acting rules but I just don’t dig pet/tank gameplay that much.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
One thing that annoys me about the side quest design is that they all feel like they’re very out of the way. If they were something I could do as small detours from the main quest, I’d be more likely to do them. Instead I have to follow an old lady, wait for her to offer up some pants, then I don’t know the next step because I said gently caress it while I was waiting for her to get in position and slowly pull the pants out.

The pacing on this game is pretty jacked up a lot of the time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

thebardyspoon posted:

You can start any character on the spaceship at level 10 I think so if you got that far or don't mind missing a little bit between where you are and there if you're not that far yet then you won't have to replay anything. Moze is pretty basic I'd say but I enjoyed her all the way through the game.

Holy poo poo, I had no idea. This is a game changer. I picked FL4K for ProZDs voice work but I don’t like how he actually plays.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Booted the game up today and the only character it's showing on my profile is FL4K at level 6. What the gently caress?! Are my saves gone permanently?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Oh poo poo, what level were you at before?

I lost 3 levels this week due to that happening.

Close to thirty. I don’t play a shitload but I was going to go back and play a few hours today but now I’m just like “gently caress, uninstalling”. I can’t even roll a new character straight to sanctuary anymore.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Thinking about it, it may have overwritten my Steam save with my epic store save, but then I would also have a Moze file and there isn’t one. It’s baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

You bought the game twice?

I’ve done it with that and Control, mostly because epic’s cloud saving situation sucks incredibly hard and going back and forth between a desktop and laptop (yay work travel) with lovely cloud saves sucks.