Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Disappointed jetpacks don't seem to be returning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

There's a reason the General Knoxx dlc is so beloved.

cause of the armory glitch?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

there's no way they patch that in the remaster, right?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mr E posted:

Have they changed the not cheatengine loot rate? My bud and I got two oranges to drop yesterday while starting a new co-op run of 2.

It was improved over the course of a few patches, but this was some years ago.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

Any word on whether there's actual gun customization in this one, because I can tolerate Borderlands humor being Borderlands humor as long as I finally get that feature I've been wanting since the first one.

The leaks mentioned some sort of gun customization

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

AirRaid posted:

Also the siren still has Phaselock along with some melee stuff.

Suddenly much more interested.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Clarste posted:

His attitude in TPS and BL2 are exactly the same: brutally murder anyone who could even remotely get in his way

He has few scruples, but that is not TPS Jack. Not at the outset.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Do you get the additional DLC for free when the Borderlands 2 update comes out on Steam on the 3rd? I got the impression they decided to throw the DLC in for existing owners but not sure

don't think so. free dlc was for borderlands 1, or rather you get the remaster with all the dlc regardless if you own the dlc or not.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

apropos of nothing in particular, some of the hate for this series is crazy

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

at the very least tvhm should've level scaled everything

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yup phaselock is back

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

First playthrough can be a slog, especially with some characters.

(I recommend Maya)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

orcane posted:

I just finished it and I have to say it's very good. Although I'm not a big fan of Telltale QTE adventures (I'd prefer to have a more relaxed experience with more thinking and less reaction required out of nowhere occasionally, and I always hate not being able to skip dialogue I can read in half the time it takes to play all the voice overs), it mostly works fine and more importantly the story and characters are good, especially compared to the shooters. Gortys and Loader Bot are adorable.

How long did it take ya? I have to get to it eventually.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

I've been doing a new run as Maya and her 3rd tree just destroys everything, the fart cloud that spawns ontop of enemies just melts them and anything that runs into it, shout out to Blight Phoenix for destroying anything that comes into melee range.

Both were buffed to hell a few years ago. Before that they were borderline useless, especially the cloud. (I don't like the phoenix wings because they set off nearby barrels).

orcane posted:

I tried to replay TPS but I don't really like any of the characters/playstyles and the beginning really, really sucks. Maybe I should just try BL2 again.

Athena's loving awesome, but as usual with borderlands you only start to see that around tvhm.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Her tombstone ability was busted, iirc. chainable guaranteed crits

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Is it gonna be on steam? I haven't seen anything on the store about it.

BL2 was the last physical copy game I ever purchased incidentally.

platforms unannounced. fear the worst.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I thought we might get armor pieces as gear slots. So far it doesn't look that way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

More than one character is shown sliding in the trailer

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kaysette posted:

Yesss give me apex movement

Hah, that I don't expect. (or jetpacks, what a regression)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

when running through helios saving scientists for jack, you have to do a favor for each one because gameplay. first guy wants a picture of his son. second guy lost his teddy bear.

you get up to the glass for the third guy and he says he can't help because he dropped his keys. the player character roasts him. you go find his keys and bring them back to him. as a reward he goes "oh, here, i actually have this prototype device for him, could you bring it to him?". he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the device, then when trying to hand it off to you he drops it and says "whoops"

that's the joke

it rules

"rules"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

randy just randomly talking about distribution deals.

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1112833886113992706

(I find it hard to believe gearbox wouldn't have the final say on an exclusivity deal if they were actually against it)

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1112834212359536640

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

I mean its not like lazy rear end Gabe could do something to stop his empire from sliding into the sea to combat this or anything.

Paid exclusivity specifically? Likely not without resorting to similar tactics.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Seen these names being used, don't know their provenance, possibly the leak: Flak (beastmaster), Moze (vladof girl), Amara (siren), Zane (eye patch).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Risky Bisquick posted:

until then he's pretty

true of most vault hunters before tvhm

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Didn't expect to be minorly excited about Borderlands 1 in 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Vakal posted:

Step 1: Make a Mordicai and max out the Gunslinger tree.

Step 2: Get an Unforgiven pistol

Step 3: Nothing else matters.

Was thinking of giving brick a go.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

hope/expect class mod bonuses to now show up in your skill tree. bl1 had so many rough edges.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

watho posted:

They sadly donít

"remaster"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

watho posted:

The BL1 remaster is mostly just a visual touch up and fixes

Since they're adding a minimap and autopickups, I thought they'd address some of the UI gripes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

RatHat posted:

How exactly does he still have his job?

He owns gearbox.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Why are they being so coy about PC distribution?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Wait, so you can only get the Remaster for free if you bought the GotY bundle on PC, and everyone else (Assuming the Borderlands 1 in the Handsome Collection is functionally the same) can get hosed?

Feels gross to me.

No, you're supposed to get the remaster regardless of the version of Borderlands 1 you have. Also, the handsome collection never included Borderlands 1.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Handsome Collection HD update is live on consoles. They're standalone DLC (free, of course).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

From the PS Blog post:
    Atlas now offers guns that fire tracker tags and Smart Bullets; DAHL weapons feature alternate fire modes; and the Maliwan range now incorporates firearms that can toggle between two elements and deal guaranteed elemental damage.

From the PSN deluxe preorder page:
    Equippable XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods
perhaps expected but still e:actually this kind of thing was already in BL2 where it was essentially useless. hoping for the same here.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

Borderlands 2 has both of these already

yeah, i remembered just after posting

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Nice find. Jakobs now all have ricocheting bullets. I thought all guns would have the option of having extra accessories, like a grenade launcher, but it sounds like they're limited to Vladof

E: but isn't that a grenade launcher on those bottom atlas rifles? So it's probably different kinds of attachments

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Do we know if an online connection is required?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They would be crazy not to have Borderlands 3 online only/all-the-time like other games in the genre, otherwise it's hack city. People will just cheat engine their way to 999 stats and infinite rocket launchers with all mods attached and join in on coop games making everything insanely boring

A lot of people liked improving the drop rates.

Some people liked hacking in perfect versions of weapons without going overboard with cheats because of how impossible they were to get legitimately.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/admiralbahroo/status/1113440450155896833?s=21

Does this mean there'll be less loot when playing without instanced loot? Or does more loot drop to compensate?(which would mean overstuffed chests?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sab669 posted:

So I've never played Destiny, Division, or Anthem. I enjoyed Borderlands, but don't love it as much as most people do. I thought it was pretty good, but I wanted more RPG out of it. I want multiple Active abilities, more interesting trees etc. Hellgate London had lots of flaws, but I think the loose framework for a potentially great game was there -- and that's kind of what I want. A well made first or third person shooter with POE/Diablo levels of character building (both through loot and abilities).

I strongly suspect this will be more of the same (1 ability per character, boring passive skill tree, and the only loot will be guns/that 1 other gear slot I'm blanking on the name of), except with the added garbage of modern gaming monetization. I'll still buy it and have fun with it, but do you guys think they'll really expand on any of the fundamentals? I suppose we've seen too little to speculate, but it's fun to hope

Think the vault hunters are supposed to have multiple active abilities