Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

Randy Pitchford belongs in jail

So pretty much like any other ceo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

i am in awe at how bad this is

its so bad that its good

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

MagusDraco posted:

it never ends.

Randy making a BL3 announcement awful, impressive.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Can you guys imagine working at Gearbox with your boss being a magician and Randy Pitchford?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

No one loving caaaaaaaaaares about any of this.

This is for the one guy who tweeted about BL2VR. Thanks random twitter guy!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

LMAO

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

This is probably the funniest mess of a press conference I've ever seen.

Konami pissed right now.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Do you get that shirt if you preorder the game?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

the game looks good but this event was tragic lol.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

DaveKap posted:

I'm pretty disappointed that the graphical fidelity (framerate aside) is about as good as Borderlands 1.

Graphics fidelity was never a big sell of BL anyway, it is heavily stylized so it is kinda hard to make it look much better. Also I would wait for a youtube 4k video to completely write it off as a BL1 copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

It's possible, but not likely. You can use UE4 with a 5% royalty, or pay upfront and reduce the engine royalty rate, which I think 2k/Gearbox did the latter. From this point they could've negotiated a reduced royalty for the steam store for PC users. Given this is cross platform and going onto consoles, and by extension into retail, they would want to reduce royalty rates as much as possible to maximize revenue. Royalty rates for console (digital / retail) will still exist if they simply sell the pc copy in the epic store, and I think 50%+ of the copies are being sold on console which is a big problem if you are keeping the royalty at 5%.

Keeping continuity of their brand on PC in the same store would also factor into the decision given that they frequently discount the base games to $5 so people can get a taste of the series for cheap, and buy the DLC at less discounted prices afterwards when they realize the franchise owns bones.

Steam (16-22% = 15-20% platform + 1-2% engine + 1m?2m?)
Epic (12% = 12% store, Epic eats the 5% engine royalty )

Basically it's going on Steam imo.

You forgot to put in the exclusivity payment Gearbox would get. So ya I think it will be at the very least a timed exclusive for Epic Game Store then coming out later on steam.