Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I did not knew my love for Borderlands was so huge. I feel like a mechromancer with 300 stacks of anarchy. Cant wait to play Borderlands 3, hope is good and they have pour love on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

The biggest thing that kills my enthusiasm for replaying BL2 with a new character is the slow as balls pace before you hit Sanctuary, the Southern Shelf section is practically a warcrime in how long it feels, plus getting your class skill at level 5 is a huge ball-buster.

I fear these long parts of the game with few monsters and long walks. Ideally any future Borderlands game skip that slow part, or let you start your second character directly at level 9 and in the first interesting mission hub.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I did not liked TPS much, was a too much a flawed game, on top of Borderlands that by itself is a package of flaws. But now, I would continue playing, if I still had a copy around.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

quote:

Gearbox Software was founded on February 16, 1999[1] by five members of the content team from the defunct developer Rebel Boat Rocker: Randy Pitchford, Brian Martel, Stephen Bahl, Landon Montgomery, and Rob Heironimus.[2] Before Rebel Boat Rocker, Pitchford and Martel previously worked together at 3D Realms, and Montgomery previously worked at Bethesda Softworks.

They started with developing expansions to Valve Software's Half-Life. Porting Half-Life to console platforms (each with new game content) followed, building the company's experience in console game-making, in addition to enhancing and building upon the successful Counter-Strike branch of the Half-Life franchise. Prior to Half-Life 2, they had developed or helped develop every Half-Life expansion game or port, including Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life for the Sony PlayStation 2 (including Half-Life: Decay), and Half-Life for the Sega Dreamcast (including Blue Shift).

15 Top Anime Betrayals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlaA-wE1as

* facts exagerated for comedy

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 2, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope they change second wind and you rez even if you don't to the killing blow exactly. The old mechanic was ok back them, but now the internet is filled with special type of idiots that don't understand if somebody is down, you don't have to steal his kills.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They would be crazy not to have Borderlands 3 online only/all-the-time like other games in the genre, otherwise it's hack city. People will just cheat engine their way to 999 stats and infinite rocket launchers with all mods attached and join in on coop games making everything insanely boring

Hellgate London had a separate savegame for online and offline, to make sure nobody would play online with a hacked weapon. Borderlands made the choice to have the same character for online and offline, because it was more fun than the other option.

Borderlands won. Hellgate lost.

...something the history books don't tell you, is that some of the hacking in borderlands was annoying. Like that time I joined a session with a guy that replace particles by weapons, so firing a rocket would create a trail of weapon. Awesome but annoying, I had like 2 FPS and my client crashed.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Not being very subtle about these two being Handsome Jack's kids, the guy basically him with tattoos and a new haircut in this shot.

According to technology only I have access, maybe is not the case, if they build characters from a limitet set of premades and with similar objetives, two faces can end 98% similar without having really anything in common.

But you can be right.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I watched a few Borderlands remastered streaams yesterday, and most had technical problems.

This is my 2 cents

Edit
Borderlands 1 was hilarious to watch on stream. Brink maniatic voice made me laught out loud.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

[*]Vladof - Augment these rapid-firing, ammo-hungry guns with under-barrel attachments including tasers, rocket tubes, and additional gun barrels
Could be good, if gives some type of AOE or burst damage.

[*]Jacobs - Deliver devastating critical hits to enemies’ soft-and-sensitives, then joy-puke as your bullets ricochet towards other targets
Probably bad, except in crit builds, where may be mandatory?

[*]Maliwan - Toggle between two elements, charge your weapon, and deal guaranteed elemental damage with your finger glued to the trigger
Seems like having two elemental weapons, withouth sacrificing a slot, I like.

[*]Dahl - Toggle between alternate fire modes depending on your play style, your predicament, and your predilection for bonus damage
Probably good.

[*]Hyperion - Aim down the sights to take cover behind your weapon-mounted shield and keep your finger on the trigger for increased accuracy
Seems bad.

[*]Tediore - Toss your gun like a grenade to reload, then watch it pursue a nearby enemy as a fully loaded version digistructs in your hand
Always hilarious.

[*]Torgue - Switch between regular and sticky-projectile fire modes. Stickies do more damage if a bunch of them detonate on the same target
I like.

[*]Atlas - Step 1: Hit your enemies with tracker tags. Step 2: Unleash a hail of Smart Bullets that track towards your targets. Step 3: Loot!
Gimmicky. Maybe good.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Anyone else having weird level scaling issues? I’ve done up to getting Sledges Mine Key and found myself kinda under levelled for the majority of the latter part. I remember it being kind of the other way round originally in that it was quite easy to out-level the quests if you did all the aide quests.

I may misremember thing, but I think it was wild, like suffering through hard as nails missions, then accidentally joining some random people and getting booster 3 levels on a few kills.

But is okay, Borderlands is #YOLO

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

Maliwan were always my favorite guns. Acid damage hilarious.

Imagine a Maliwan SMG with Fire +Acid damage.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I got The Prequel for PS4. I remember quitting and hated it, but reading about borderlands have activated my BL glands.

Yea, the moon is too big, somewhat empty, the Oxygen thing is annoying, the walking movement weird. I started playing with Jack, and seems to be a good character for soloing, I would love to try all other heroes, is cool that the prequel have so many.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

orcane posted:

I forgot how bad the pre-sequel was about "go there, oh no this door is locked, go this newly opened long way around" :suicide:

That, or large arenas with barriers that seems designed to waste your ability to get a second wind with a kill.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am playing a Jack the handsome and I am happy so far. The action skill is great to fight trash mobs.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I haven't played Borderlands in a long time, and the movement feels surprisingly good to me. And I'm playing the big bruiser soldier class. I'm sprinting/jumping everywhere, but it feels good. I really need to try Warframe at some point though.

Ignore any comparison to warframe.

Warframe movement is so good, the players characters move like a elastic ball inside a crate inside a truck falling to the big canyon. No game can compare to it, so comparison are not very informative.

And yea, try warframe some day, maybe. Is a fun game and the adventures they added in the recent years elevated it even more.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Lester Shy posted:

It's been years since I played TPS, but the biggest problem I remember was that the game was all about the fun and freedom of low gravity movement, and then you spend 50-60% of the game in regular gravity.

You mean moving slow over a 3D space while hitscan enemies use your body for target practice?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

wyoak posted:

I'm playing Borderlands 2 for the first time and not really digging it (not completely hating it either, just bored), but I'm not very far in and have read that the beginning portion of the game sorta sucks, even for people who like the series so....to you Borderlands vets, where's the point that I should make a final judgement on whether or not to continue playing? I don't want to give up too soon if it gets better an hour later or something.

I think you already have all the information. You yourself have to make that decision.

The begin sucks because is slow and force you to go slow, with huge empty places, long walk and dumb fetch quest (and If I remember correctly, not vehicles to aliviate that).

Is a coop game, you are not supposed to play alone.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Man, playing TPS is so weird. I play Jack,... and theres a sea of Jacks. It feels like 50% of the playerbase is Jacks, the other 49% is claptraps. So I often end walking around with a claptrap.

What DLCs have TPS, and how can be started? I already found the inside-clap-trap one, but theres more?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Putting 1 point on inspiration with jack, is about one of the top 3 best things a human being can do.

Jack and Claptrap are awesome class.

I love wen a claptrap player turn around and ask for a high five. Make me cry of happyness to slap that hand.

Tei fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 7, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just finished the claptap DLC of the presequel. Oh god. it feel so good to finish this way. I guess I need to play Borderlands 2, and by the time I finish all DLC and all stuff, I will be loving ready for Borderlands 3.

I hate the starting part of BL2, but will iron trough it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Attestant posted:

The BL1 remaster is a bit of a mess. I can't play it with a friend online unless we setup exactly identical refresh rates, FPS locking and vsync settings. Otherwise the player joining will desync like mad.

Interesting!.

I noticed too (watching a lets play) that some scripts can break with more than 30 fps.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Started playing Borderlands 2 again after finishing TPS and wow. Theres one million subtle details that make BL2 a better game. The weapons feel better, enemies talk more and are strange and funny, vehicles handle much better.

What I dont understand is the playerbase, is hard to find people that just want to have fun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

AirRaid posted:

I don’t understand that mentality. Like, all the people who wanted to have fun playing this video game are gone, but there are people left still playing it because they... don’t.. want to have fun? :psyduck:

On Fortnite Save the World we had complicate setups to murder the AFK guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4oAZkMBCUc

gently caress these people.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The pathos of Claptrap is giganteous, man. Is almost a tragedy from the greek classics.

Is a stupid person that also know he is stupid, he just want to help friends, but end hurting his friends because his stupidity.
Got betrayed by his creator (Jack) and all his race exterminated because of this.

Is like Kratos from God of War, only a weak idiot.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 9, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My experience with Borderlands 2 is being absolutely miserable.

When I join somebody, this push me forward in the story quests, so enemies start droping weapons I can't use.

The playerbase is... pff..... people that see 3 players down, and one enem with 1% health, they focus on the enemy, stealing the kills from the people down but not death.
This again and again and again.

The game feel strangely fresh. Considering is a game I completed two times and farmed the endgame boss and most parts on it, is weird that the game feels so fresh. Sometimes I find myself in a area of the game thinking "is this something new they have added?".
The game feels strangely tough, hard. Maybe they have made the game harder with patches? , maybe I am getting older.

With this in mind, I am sure what class to choose in Borderlands 3. I am going to use the one with pets, or something autonomous..

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I loved the bosses in TPS, are cool and fun*

Is amazing to compare the destroyer with the sentinel.

* the claptrap one was a bit too much of everything

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am having more fun with my maya after stacking insane levels of life regen. Wen I die is because I was trying to rez somebody in a bad spot. I am not having much luck with drops ( everything is white or green ) but getting a long mileage from what I got.

One of my shotguns feel like get more accurate the more I shot. Is nice to have a snipershotgun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

One of Tannis's lines is how she has an open offer to share her bunk with the vault hunters. Comes off creepy when Gaige is 16 and Tannis is a maniac.

Is unintended.

Poor tannis. She can't even cross a hello with a stranger withouth vomiting blood. Shes petulant but funny. Arrogant but deliver. Shes a sociopath but I don't think has killed anyone and she is capable of empathy somehow.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Can DLC's status be resetted so you do again? I did a few DLC's online, withouth knowing what I was doing.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Woot!, I got a item with +75% damage for SMG and +45 worse aim. Thats beast. I also have a slag SMG from the Pirate DLC that shots like 8 bullets at once, each bullet do something between 2000 and 6000 damage. This thing pulverize everything. Then I equipped a +14 damage from slag, for the lol's.

A borderlands game is really good when you have good weapons, so about 20% of the time.

Going through Borderlands 2 is amazing how much content have this game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rinkles posted:

The sandhawk? It's one of the game's most powerful weapons. (It's a pain to legitimately "farm" because it's a quest reward)

Can't check it now, but I believe is a generic one. Got many like it, with the "shot waves of bullets", but this one was more happy than the others.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am freaking looking forward to Borderlands 3. But actually my spectations are very low. Borderlands was a super classic when it got released, still really fun today, but the world has changed for the worse. The odds of the game not having a infuriating feature (like buying golden keys for real money, or XP potions) is high. If the game release without some bullshit I will be very happy.

Hype levels: fearfull optimism

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Now that I'm into BL2 a ways I notice one factor a lot more about TPS: The enemies had very little character.

The psychos and nomads are screaming nonsensical and funny poo poo at me while I blow them away in BL2 - but I remember virtually none of that from TPS. Either that or it was so bland that I didn't even notice. Even the Bullymongs seem to have more personality than those splitting rocklizards when they pick up outrageously large objects to toss at me.

This is the one thing that striked me the most, after finishing TPS and playing BL2 next. You heard enemies in BL2, even when you don't see them. And part of the setting is in these voices. These voices are hilarious, weird and sell the setting.

In the Tiny Tina DLC, the enemies know your genre (girl /boy) they react when they are attacked by your super. The even know and recognize and say when they have you cornered in a room!! (This happened to me yesterday, and I am still amazed).

I think one of the reasons TPS had worse here is because the areas are so huge, that probably the audio is cut for these voices because the enemies are too far for you to heard. Then TPS probably have much less animations for the NPC (less actions), or it feels that way.

All in all, TPS is like a cheapo-made Borderlands of inferior quality of craftsmanship. It really helps to shine all the details in Borderlands 2 that show how much love the devs had for the game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Yea, TPS is a bad game with a lot of cool things in it.

I am happy for playing it, mostly because the Clap Trap dlc and a few bits here and there.

Playing TPS make me realize that maybe is a good thing that Destiny never had a low gravity map. The slow movements of low gravity affect the shooter feelings.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

I don’t like how BL does dlc and wish they would just make one game with all the content.

I know it won’t happen.

They need time to polish and create these things. Time that they will not have before release.

And I am sure DLC's may change based on the public reception. Like some DLC can be around a popular character, the dev's can't predict what characters will be popular.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Oh god, kiling the evil wizard in Tina DLC got me two awesome items. Yellow item Ballances Slagga SMG, and some yellow grenades that regen and cause a mino apocalypse where it explode. I think I am set weaponwise for a long time. If I was steamrolling before, with this in my arsenal I am a force of nature.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

You are always at the mercy of vaulthunter.exe though I find. He has lots of passive damage boosts, and cryo+exp is basically good for the majority of characters in TPS (even wilhelm with the laser disker) If you start going down the right side tree you end up adding another layer of RNG to your life. That said I like Claptrap and his gimmick, but sometimes he just isn't the most competitive/consistent. You can only roll Gun Wizard and Pirate Ship so many times when you need it before you roll Torgue Fiesta when your teammates are rocking a longbow 0 fuse bonus package while aiming at the ground, or Rubber Ducky/Sal Gunzerking when people are down.

I like his gimmick, but there are more competitive options out there.

On my time with TPS, having a claptrap around was always awesome and helpfull.

Hope that helps.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

In the tiny tina dpl I fought a room full of crystal skeletons (deflect bullets to you), many brown skelletons archers (hard to see in a brown room), invisible teleporting visionary skelletons, tanqui skeltons with a huge shield and 4 of these dudes that are not truly deads until you remove a blade from his back. So much bullshit condensed. But I won. Haha :-)
Lets not do that again.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Randy, if you are reading this. Borderlands 3 is not a big microphone to be yourself. You are embarrasing your people, good professionals, cool artist, great people.

Take it down a notch, please.

The protagonist of the show is the game, not you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I remember when Borderlands got released, everyone was like "what the hell??!?!?!". You can easily boost your friends levels. You can use a hex editor to cheat. You can get billions of guns, and boss enemies explode on guns when they die.

Older games make you work hard before you get one level. Make sure you can't boost your friends. Carefully balance the power between a few curated tools and weapons. ...Make sure you don't have fun.

Hellgate London had encrypted savegames, and a different savegame to play online and other to play offline. Borderlands only had one savegame you can play online and offline, and that are easy to hack to make your weapons awesome.

Borderlands is pure "YOLO gently caress that, gently caress balance, gently caress curated anything".

The only problem with this is the first early levels weapons are a bit lacking. But since you progress so fast in levels, and get so many weapons, it don't take very long for people to find one or two good weapons.