Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I really hope its not a live service Destiny/Division type game or Battleborn 2 but in Borderlands colours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Are they making any games for anyone else that they can steal the budget from?

Gearbox published We Happy Few.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Borderlands doesn't do the loot aspect part that well, there might be hundreds of different guns but 95% of them are hot garbage, legendary weapon drop rates are beyond a joke ranging from between 0.5% to 5% and even then not all of those legendary weapons are good.

Forcing people to use cheat engine to up the drop rates is a terrible solution to this problem, Diablo 3 shits top tier stuff at you for just showing up nowdays and guess what, it works like a charm, people love to be rewarded for poo poo not punished and forced to grind for hours or use external methods.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm curious to what ability the supposed new Siren will have, Lilith had Phase Blast which was just a huge AoE explosion, Maya had Phase Lock which immobilized a single target but could be modified to do all sorts of stuff, Angel had Phase Shift which let her control computers, it wasn't really clear, nobody knows what Steele could do as she died instantly to the Destroyer.

If she's melee then Phase Blade or something?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Slag weapons are the main reason I stuck to Maya when I dared venture into UVHM like a fool.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Tiny Tina had better be playable Randy!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Randy's gonna announce Duke Nukem Forever remastered at the end of the show.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Is Randy always this nervous when speaking? He sounds like he's about to have a panic attack on stage.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'll take this bizarre freestyle performance over a boilerplate E3 snoozefest.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So can I do card tricks in Borderlands 3

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'd have died if that card trick was the actual finale and it ended.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Ulio posted:

Can you guys imagine working at Gearbox with your boss being a magician and Randy Pitchford?

Mandatory magic tricks during all meetings.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

This is probably the funniest mess of a press conference I've ever seen.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

"gently caress it, we're doing it live!" the show.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Loving Maya's new long haired look.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

This has to be like a historically bad presentation right?

On par with Nintendo's Wii Music disaster show.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Borderlands 1 with customizable heads and character skins though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Considering how old the original cast look, Moxxi has grey hair now, I wonder what the timeframe is between this and BL2, it has to be at least 10 years right?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

On paper slag was an interesting concept, the classic debuff an enemy to increase your damage tactic but wonky level scaling and the fact UVHM made it mandatory just made it incredibly annoying to deal with.

Again there's a reason Salvador has the Grog Nozzle surgically attached to him and everyone specced Maya's phaselock into dealing aoe slag damage.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gravy Jones posted:

Borderlands is one of those games where I just want more of the same and as such the trailer has me hyped.

Where was Moxxi in the trailer? I missed her.

Taken from the card game shown at PAX.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

A shame that the previous cast have been relegated to NPC/Quest giver status but I am looking forward to playing as some new folks after what feels like an eternity.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I hope you all realize Davis Pickle will be back too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

watho posted:

Most of this has been explained already, convicts were forced to work in irradiated mines and then abandoned when the wildlife woke up from hibernation and started killing people. All of that led to varying degrees of mutation and insanity.

The masks are just cool character design not everything needs lore

I believe Tannis's quest in the Caustic Caverns in BL2 goes through this yeah, Dahl bought a shitload of people to be forced labor, others were included like scientists such as herself and whatnot but they all hosed off when Pandora's wildlife woke up and abandoned virtually everyone.

Tannis's echo log quests in BL1 detail the process of her losing her mind over being abandoned on the hellworld.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I think the character who got the real short end of the stick was Helena Pierce, she was one of the primary questgivers in the New Haven and later parts of Borderlands 1, but Handsome Jack blows her head off between games and she's never mentioned again after Hammerlock's quest at the very start of BL2.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

To this day I'll always remember that an advertised feature of General Knoxx's DLC was facial animations and lip syncing for characters, Athena and Scooter were the first NPC's to showcase this.

Prior to this every NPC wore a face mask or had no expressions whatsoever.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The biggest thing that kills my enthusiasm for replaying BL2 with a new character is the slow as balls pace before you hit Sanctuary, the Southern Shelf section is practically a warcrime in how long it feels, plus getting your class skill at level 5 is a huge ball-buster.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Megazver posted:

You can also edit a save and start a New Game Plus with a new character in their 30s.

You can yes, on PC but not consoles.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Tythas posted:

Yes it does, it even has a bank robbery quest

It's also where Nisha dies too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Can't believe there's still a dumb useless turret guy but I suppose there has to be a default option for people to go to in a hurry, I still remember BL1 being mostly Rolands in random online play.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bugsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Gu1PspA3Y&t=160s

Who is the guy next to Hammerlock and Aurelia? At 2:40 if the timecode doesnt work.

Probably Timothy, Jack's bodydouble from TPS.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I sure hope the Underdome DLC in BL1 underwent some changes because boy am I not looking forwards to doing the later waves that take literally 2 hours to complete.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Speaking as someone who has actually done this, why would you even bother? The reward is like, one skill point.

I didn't realize it would take hours the first time I tried one of them, I'll just do the initial stuff and get outta there now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I wonder if they are fixing the drops in BL1 so the stuff Knoxx added can actually drop anywhere, not just in Knoxx chests and bosses.

There's gonna be hell to pay if the armory glitch has been fixed.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

i would be supremely disappointed if loaderbot is the beastmaster vault hunter because his story in tales had a really nice ending and i don’t trust gearbox to write around that in a satisfying way

To keep with series tradition Loaderbot dies off-screen and Gortys becomes consumed by vengeance.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've been doing a new run as Maya and her 3rd tree just destroys everything, the fart cloud that spawns ontop of enemies just melts them and anything that runs into it, shout out to Blight Phoenix for destroying anything that comes into melee range.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Thinking about it, Borderlands 3 absolutely will have microtransactions in the same way BL2 did, remember the heads and character skin packs for each character, they were bundled in with the Handsome Collection like all the other content but they were sold for around $1 for each head/skin per character.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

it's absolutely going to be on EGS only because randy doesn't give a poo poo and just wants the big money up front that epic is almost certainly going to bribe him with

I mean its not like lazy rear end Gabe could do something to stop his empire from sliding into the sea to combat this or anything.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Speaking of Randy, are we taking bets on Duke Nukem showing up as a dlc character for no real reason?

About as likely as someone from Battleborn showing up, so yes.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1113132299497889792

3pm is a pretty weird time for a UK release but eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

internet celebrity posted:

I hope they take out weapon proficiency so I don't get stuck using one or two gun types for a whole playthrough. Really defeats the purpose of randomly generated guns if you're pressured to stick to only a couple of types.

Oh boy I'd forgotten about this stupid mechanic, loved picking up a sniper as Lilith and not being able to shoot a drat thing because I'd focused on SMG's.