Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Extremely not interested in yet another level cap raise for 2 7 years after the fact. Makes me extremely wary of 3's endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Rinkles posted:

it's OP10 :11tea:

At least all the old OP gear is still usable? From what I'm reading on the Gearbox forums the implementation is kinda funky though. Also I suppose you'd have to refarm or Gibbed everything since the new theoretical maximum is 90.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm not having too much trouble as Salvador although since my build is pretty cookie cutter DPS focused I'm crutching hard on Moxxi guns. Noticed the new plant enemies seem to have pretty aggressive HP regen even for UVHM.

Not terribly keen on refarming gear even though I noticed I got a couple Overpower level 1 drops even though I don't even have OP levels active (and just hated that whole system in general). Sal doesn't seem like a character that would benefit all that much from the extra 8 skill points.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Finally caved and picked this up in the Steam sale. What's the closest class to BL2's Gunzerker? I poured tons of hours into 2 because dual wielding was fun and broken as hell.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Does anyone else have fast travel randomly stop working? I have to quit out to the main menu and load back in to make fast travel stations function again and I have no idea what causes it, it almost seems random.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The guns feel better to me in 3 and there's a lot of little quality of life changes I like. If I could have all of those in 2 I'd be set.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah it did. They had a whole contest around it. None of the changes were really huge IIRC.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Found a wiki page about it, for anyone who's curious. Just look at the list of nothing changes :laffo:. To my recollection the only ones that were significant are the Fastball, Lady Fist and Gunnerang buffs.

If nothing else, the event also boosted drop rates for some incredibly rare poo poo, and was the only time you could get a legitimate drop for a Grog Nozzle pistol instead of using a save editor or keeping the sidequest permanently open.

From what I played of it, the community patch efforts are closer to the kind of overhaul BL2 would've needed.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 8, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Having finally ground my way up to M11 it's not as bad/daunting as I expected. Having the loot event active helps. I feel like this isn't as lovely as 2's overpower levels but also very telling that the best way to engage with Mayhem is the mode with zero modifiers.

Re: loot, I felt like I was getting oranges at a pretty decent rate through the story mode to where I had an inventory full of 'em by the end but since the loot event was active by the time I reached endgame I'm probably spoiled by that.

I still think it's really funny they went to nerf world drops then sold a buff for them as DLC.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Sal is only really tanky at the endgame when you can effectively get infinite uptime on his action skill and instant heal with a Moxxi gun always active.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Axton is also a decent choice for a first timer, tbh.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It really looks like an expansion pack to BL3 more than I thought it would, especially when you recognize all the same gun manufacturers.

Then again the Tiny Tina DLC in BL2 was the best content in that game, so I am cautiously optimistic but still not going to be a day 1 purchase.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Judge Tesla posted:

Knowing how Borderlands scaling works I can already see Swords becoming worthless in this game's version of TVHM/Mayhem mode.

Doesn't melee have some absurd damage multiplier in Mayhem mode though? Like x16 damage increase or something.

I would hope Gearbox sees where they went wrong with BL3 Mayhem so the Wonderlands equivalent won't need that kind of bandaid solution but :laffo:.

e: vvvv Of all the guns they could have brought back between games, I am surprised the SWORDSPLOSION wasn't one of them.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 12, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

For BL3's 2 year anniversary they put out Shift codes for new cosmetics and a diamond key that works even if you don't have DLC5.

Cosmetics: KH5J3-9BSSS-K6WF9-RT3BB-FTBCJ
Diamond key: CHC3J-TCHSZ-5XCXH-FTTJJ-JZ55S

Plus they're running another mini-event for 48 hours with extra loot enemy spawns, and have added the Bekah to the boss loot pool (but didn't specify which boss).

The Diamond key expires on September 27 though I don't think the cosmetic one has any expiration date.

Maurice's machine is also selling items for zero cost until Thursday. Its loot pool is the Handsome Jackhammer, Sledge's Shotgun and King's/Queen's Call this week. To reach it for this week's location, fast travel to The Forgotten Basilica and then go backwards into Neon Arterial. Work your way backwards through the map until you see standard vending machines, it should be near those.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 13, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I farmed loot tinks at the start of The Anvil for an hour and only got 1 to drop. Hopefully someone figures out a good spot for them.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The area I found from another Youtuber, LazyData, was to travel to Rogue's Hollow on the same map and walk backwards towards the Red Jabber miniboss spawn IDK if that's the same farm spot but loot jabbers in general seem to be more consistent. I did like 6 runs and pulled 4 Bekahs out of it including one with a nice scope and a max damage roll. It's too bad these things don't seem to count for the boosted eridium event so I could kill two birds with one stone.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I've never been a huge fan of 'traditional' sniping in any of the BL games. BL1 was probably the closest the series ever came to allowing that to feel okay but the slow bullet speed made it so even then the useful ones were gimmicks like the Orion, Cobra or Penetrator. BL2 has the Pimpernel of course, but I also found the Lyuda useful. While levelling in BL3 I really liked the Headsplosion though it falls off at M10, and the Sandhawk is great but it's basically a shotgun and the way its projectiles are supposed to disappear after a certain distance, you can't even use it as a proper sniper rifle. The Wedding Invitation and Boogeyman are on the list of ones I want to eventually try. Of course, there's also the Skullmasher which has been consistently good across every game.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Judge Tesla posted:

The balance passes are one of the only reasons BL3's Mayhem 10 endgame isn't a disaster, granted there's only a dozen or so weapons you can use but Moze doesn't even need guns when Iron Bear does billions of damage.

I see a lot of grousing about the awful gun balance in BL3 and while I agree that it is pretty bad, there are way *way* more useable guns at endgame than there were in BL2 where everybody pretty much just used the same handful of quest items and a DPUH or Norfleet. Especially if you're a FL4K or Zane with a boatload of gun and crit dmg on your trees, I see people use guns on those characters that do gently caress all on my Moze.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Rinkles posted:

Presumably finding one of the guns from the later balance passes in your first playthrough completely trivializes everything.

Yeah this was my experience, a whole bunch of legendary guns do insane damage for normal mode first playthrough. It's kind of insane whiplash to get one of those early on and just blitz through the game and then later on you get one of the ones that never got buffed and wonder what's the deal.

Like I got a Breath of the Dying drop at level 40 or something and I was still shredding things up to level 60, and one of my first drops was a Maggie at level 12 that lasted me until level 25 etc.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tombot posted:

It's OP weapons like that is what stopped me from enjoying the weapon variety in this game. What's the point of using a Vladof gun with a fancy underbarrel weapon when you can just use a legendary of the same weapon type and wipe the floor with with every enemy. For me every powerful legendary would last me several levels until I found my next powerful legendary, I suppose it didn't help I used and infinite-ammo Moze build.

Yeah, that's the health inflation for you. It's a lovely mechanic that Gearbox loves going back to for some reason. That said, I still think there's a good amount of useable endgame gear compared to BL2 and what is actually good for you will depend on your character once you reach Mayhem 10/11 compared to normal mode while you're still climbing regular levels. Unless you get a Plasma Coil, that thing is just loving stupid and doesn't matter who/what uses it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You're probably not the only one but you're most likely in the minority. Most people who just play the game through and do all the content and then just stop probably just never talk about the game but most of the engagement is going to be from people playing to endgame (however you want to define that) and wanting to get all the cool poo poo, etc.

Now that I've spent some more time with the game I think the world drop nerf isn't too bad, at least with the base game. I didn't play BL3 before the nerf but during normal mode I got a pretty good taste of good legendary gear whereas I got almost nothing in BL2, and while BL1 was still pretty generous it was pretty hard to see most of the cool stuff without using something like the DLC Armory glitch. There are a lot of really cool guns and items that you can't just get normally and you'll have to put your nose to the grindstone to farm but even then, most of the time it's not too bad unless you're a stickler for parts/anoints. It falls apart a little bit with the DLC; for Guns, Love and Tentacles and Psycho Krieg I didn't see most of the cool legendaries until I went back and farmed each boss's dedicated drop.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah Psycho-Reaver just extremely sucks. The "easy" way to do that fight is to use the jump pads and fight on the platforms during the first phase; they're there for avoiding his ground slam attack but I found that just staying on them is much safer than fighting on the ground. There are adds that spawn but they are pretty infrequent/I don't remember what spawns them. During the second phase the platforms become inaccessible and you just have to DPS him down.

I've only played as Moze so I can tell you that a Mindsweeper set up with any sort of appropriate fire splash gun works wonders. Spray his head with a fire Flipper or Kaoson and watch the cascade of short fuse procs and mini-grenade crits chew through his hp. There's a speedkill of him floating around using the same setup but with a Hellwalker instead but I haven't been able to replicate it; I don't find the Hellwalker in particular useful for Moze especially in upper Mayhem levels.

e: If you're going through Director's Cut, there's another dogshit boss fight at the end of the Podcast sidequests. People have figured out how to speedkill him too but another one I haven't been able to replicate yet.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 27, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

^^ Otoh if you're at low Mayhem you tank your drop chances considerably.

Listerine posted:

I've done all the podcast sidequests and I don't remember at all what boss that is, maybe I got lucky?

The Seer guardian at the end of the final podcast quest is an absolute bulletsponge. Not as bad as Psycho-Reaver but still annoying as poo poo.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah the scaling only starts to get really hosed around 5 and 6. The jumps from 6 to above that are not as high relatively speaking.

If you are a Moze main, you can just crutch on iron bear until you're geared. Or just not use anything but iron bear.

e: Some more general advice is to farm Katagawa Jr on at least Mayhem 6, because his health doesn't scale properly and he can drop some pretty decent stuff including the Sandhawk sniper rifle, which is M6 and above only. Behind his combat arena are 2 red chests as well.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 29, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nah, challenges are only completable once per character.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Diamond Loot Room can spawn stuff from all possible DLCs/game modes etc so you can pull items from Arms Race or any of the takedowns. The only limitation is that it can't have artifacts or class mods.

If you're already 72 you can just crank up Mayhem to level 11 and open the loot room and then turn it back down, but I'd save the key before then.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hellwalker can be pretty good with the right setup but I wouldn't place in the top 10 guns you can get without buying DLC. With DLC that list gets even more crowded.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Listerine posted:

I tried Arms Race for the first time tonight and got curb stomped three times in a row, it was extremely not fun. What am I missing? I know that a bunch of the loot is top tier but is this mode possible solo?

Aside from Maliwan pistols, Vladof pistols and snipers, Atlas pistols and ARS, Jakobs and Dahl anything and Tediore pistols are pretty good for starting gear. Ignore Torgue stuff because it sucks without splash boosts; Hyperion is kind of hit or miss.

Don't try to facetank encounters like in the regular game, you need to use of cover and retreat when necessary. Grenades become a lot more important especially if you can find a transfusion mod.

The main prizes are the marked chests on the map but don't ignore any regular white or red chests either since they can have useful gear. Any useable legendary drop becomes like gold; I was able to cheese one run with a Lasersploder that dropped early on and I wouldn't be caught dead ever using that in the regular game.

At the start of the map check where the circle boundaries are so you know how far you can go; after a few successful rounds you'll get a feel for the rhythm of a match.

When you fight the final boss it helps to have something to counter each of his health bars (he will have a shield and armor) but it's not necessary especially if you picked up decent stuff.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah if you sequence break that part at all it breaks the quest. The only thing you can do is join someone else with that quest active or wait for a patch.

I don't know if that new save editor can reset quests but that used to be an option with Gibbed in BL2...

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

There's no difference between M10 and M11 drop rates despite what the game says.

e: Also if you want to jump to high mayhem, this week's Maurice machine will help. It's selling the M6+ exclusive launcher Plaguebearer, which is pretty drat good. The machine is in Konrad's Hold this week. Video of the location here.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 16, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

New Shift codes dropped today; looks like we just reached 20 million sniper kills.

Diamond key: CSWJT-FS9H9-W6KFS-R3TTT-RFCHR
Cosmetic head reward : CZ5JT-HFH99-KXKRZ-6BTJJ-BS5WB

Jippa posted:

I see BL3 is in the steam sale currently. Is any of the dlc worth it?

At the bare minimum you should at least get the first season pass, the story DLCs are all pretty good though there are a few bullshit bosses. The second season pass is kind of a harder sell. I don't really really use the 4th tree much as Moze but I've seen builds for other characters make use of it. Arms Race mode is sold as a battle royale but to me it feels much closer to Division 1 Survival. It's not really everyone's taste but matches can be quick (15-20 minutes max) and the exclusive loot is really good. Aside from that, season pass 2 adds a new raid boss and some extra side missions, plus daily challenges/items via the Vault Card system (easier to just link this writeup than explain it myself).

Whatever you decide, just know that the bundle options are always going to be better because of the absurd a la carte prices Gearbox set.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Take with a grain of salt etc but the Youtube video I just watched on it claimed it was entirely decoupled from BL2, meaning new difficulty progression and level cap alongside new items and cosmetics.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

New cosmetic head shift code just dropped. K95BT-B99H9-CX5XH-RTJB3-C6SJX

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The final Vault Card is dropping today, neat. Some other stuff too; a bunch of hotfixes are rolling into the game permanently. I wonder if this means you can't go offline to boost the Shlooter any more.

quote:

Borderlands 3 Update: November 18, 2021
Posted: Nov 18 2021

Today we will release an update for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. This update adds the third and final Vault Card for players who own the Director’s Cut content, adds a toggle for the True Trials event effects, activates the limited-time Co-op Loot Drop event ending on November 25 at 8:59 AM PT, and addresses various reported concerns!
Update Notes
New Content

Vault Card 3: Bunker Masters has been added to the game for owners of the Director’s Cut add-on
Added a switch to the Proving Ground maps that will enable the True Trials event for players

Dev Note: Be sure to use the switch prior to starting the mission for the trial. Once the mission has started, the switch cannot be used again until the mission has been failed or the Proving Ground map is reloaded. The loot changes on each boss just as it did during the original True Trials events.

Added 3 new ECHO Device Skin customizations to Crazy Earl’s Shop

General

Updated Maurice’s Black Market Vending Machine to switch locations without relying on a weekly hotfix

Dev Note: Maurice’s Black Market Vending Machine has many weeks of new items that will be randomly selected, interspersed between previous weeks’ selections. Weekly gear sets will not be reused until all the available weekly selections have been used, at which point the selection list will be reset and randomly selected from again. There are 52 weeks of selections, so make sure to purchase any piece of gear you see, as you won’t see it again for at least one year!

Added collision to the platforms in Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck so that players would not fall through
Updated the Jericho Rocket Launcher to no longer do friendly damage with its cloudburst
Improved matchmaking on Xbox One
Updated Franco Firewall to count toward Vault Card Challenges related to boss kills
Updated the Daily Vault Card Challenge “Kill 10 Goliaths” to carry over to other characters
Updated the Daily Vault Card Challenge “Kill Manvark” to update only when the Manvark is killed, not Tinkvark
Updated telemetry data on Vault Card Challenges
Updated telemetry data for local player information
Addressed reported camera issues that could sometimes occur with level transitions in multiplayer
Addressed a reported issue that was sometimes causing host players in multiplayer to be unable to kick players that did not have characters selected
Addressed a reported issue that would sometimes prevent progress during the second leg of the Takedown at the Guardian Breach when the Reapers spawned
Addressed a reported issue with the ECHOcast Twitch Extension that could sometimes cause it to appear as if it wasn’t updating
Addressed a reported issue that was sometimes causing audio to occasionally be inconsistent on Stadia
Corrected a hitch in chest animations that could lead to empty chests
Transferred many hotfixes to the base game

Stability

Addressed a reported issue that could occur due to some occasions of shaders not clearing
Addressed reported instances of a PC crash that could sometimes occur when exiting to desktop
Addressed a reported issue that could occur when signing into SHiFT
Addressed a reported issue that could occur on Xbox Series X if a user logged out and back in
Addressed a reported issue that could occasionally occur when deleting characters
Addressed a reported issue that could occur from users spawning too many projectiles
Addressed a reported issue that could occur when a player reset graphic settings from ultrawide
Addressed an issue that was causing occasional crashes when PC users would use their hotkey (default: F3) for the SHiFT Menu
Added a check to prevent a crash that could occasionally occur when switching between visual modes on Xbox One and PS4

UI

Adjusted the positioning of the playing info menu from friend lists
Adjusted the HUD elements in splitscreen to display properly in the correct places
Updated Crazy Earl’s Reroll Machine to correctly sort equipped weapons when switching sorting methods
Updated the SHiFT overlay to not cut off in vertical splitscreen
Addressed a reported issue that was sometimes causing the Item of the Day prompt to stop appearing after level transitions
Addressed a reported issue with the Inventory and Vault Card menus sometimes not displaying properly in splitscreen
Prevented the “Defeat” screen from popping up if a player dies during Takedown at the Guardian Breach before the mission was started
Made a change with the selection UI on Vault Cards to keep rewards highlighted when switching between them

Characters

Corrected a reported issue that was sometimes causing Zane the Operative’s shoulder cannon to still be visible after level transitions
Fixed Zane the Operative’s “Electric Avenue” skin to display properly
Updated Amara the Siren’s Expedite skill to prevent some situations where it was not casting correctly
Updated Amara the Siren’s “Partali Renegade” and “Shrine Saint” Vault Hunter Head cosmetics to only appear once in the cosmetic list

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Bugsy posted:

Shield looks strong, could be fun on bloodletter moze.

From what I saw of it on streams today, it's okay? The shield is constantly draining so you'd have to be pretty active in combat. Infernal Wish or a One Shotter seems like it's still better for Bloodletter but this is easier to get than either of those.

E: this showed up in my Youtube subscriptions, a melee Moze setup just shredding Guardian Takedown with the new Jakobs AR and shield :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM0G2DIIgaY

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 19, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah the true trials bosses are worse versions of Psychoreaver, but not as bad as when they made the Traunts into raid bosses for a week. The only one that comes close is true trial Hag of Fervor mainly because it's the equivalent of fighting 4 raid bosses due to its multiple respawning health bars. Good news is the strat I had to come up with the kill these sponges in a semi-reasonable time also completely cheeses Psychoreaver , Seer and Hemovorous.

Still none of these fucks are as bad and annoying as Mr Gee from BL2.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 29, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Listerine posted:

What would that be, if you don't mind writing it up?

This is a setup that's only really specific to Moze. My skill tree setup. My main guns are a set of Redline shotguns with matching elements for whatever boss I'm fighting (anoint does not matter), a Guardian Angel shotgun with the 100% radiation damage under 50% health anoint, and a Plasma Coil with the same anoint for add clear/FFYL. Artifact is a Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge with magazine size; the other roll isn't that important. My shield is a Front Loader with bonus incendiary damage anoint (I only switch off to an action skill start Re-Volter for Hemovorous); class mod is a Mind Sweeper with splash rolls and as many points of Fire in the Skag Den as you can manage; grenade doesn't matter too much as long as it has bonus damage on throw, but for true trials you can stick to the It's Piss for the debuff to really chew through the lovely health bars.

The basic loop is to equip the appropriate matching element Redline, swap it to sticky bomb mode and magdump it on the boss you're fighting, and try to land as many of those on the crit spots as you can. Then, before they all detonate, quick swap to the Guardian Angel shotgun and run as far away as you can. The GA boosts all damage dealt, and increases it the further away you are, and this applies to sticky bombs left by another weapon. Said stickies will also get the bonus radiation damage from your GA's anoint, potentially along with Fire in the Skag Den and Big Surplus, all three of which get Mayhem level scaling. This can get pretty nutty if you can time it the infinite ammo from Some For the Road. For every boss that isn't Hemovorous, I don't find their attacks dangerous enough so I'm comfortable giving up health gate by using the Front Loader shield, and I just use the Iron Cub as a support action skill. Specifically for Hemo, I switch off of the Cub and go dual railguns, along with the Re-Volter, so I can cycle the Re-Volter constantly. Hemo and its adds do so much damage that my shield is almost always down, and I'd just die even faster without health gate. If you really want to squeeze as much damage as possible out of this, you can shift some skill points around to take 3/3 Thin Red Line and just always use the Re-Volter.

It still takes me a good ~5 minutes to chew through true trial Hag of Fervor, but every other true trial boss dies in a reasonable amount of time (except the Skag of Survival if it gains incendiary resistance, then I'm hosed) and it absolutely obliterates Seer, Psychoreaver and Hemo.

Here's a video of it in action that I recorded for some Discord friends a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7LQgchToPw

That is the best case scenario; usually I cannot land enough stickies to last through every immunity phase but it's still really fast. You can potentially get faster clears with a Guardian Angel grenade throwing setup, but in my experience getting fast kills with that is extremely dependent on getting lucky Mind Sweeper explosion chains. Redline + GA cheese is much more consistent.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 30, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I genuinely think that it's because they have trouble balancing encounters for all the Vault Hunters and the easiest lever by far is just to inflate the HP and call it a day.

I would say Hemovorous is probably the best designed of all the aforementioned encounters. Part of it is because you know what you're signing up for going in, but also it has plenty of adds and easily telegraphed attacks, even if they are not easy to avoid. It's probably the fairest and funnest raid in all the BL games (I didn't play TPS to endgame but I sure did a lot of it in 1 and 2). The flipside of that is it probably errs on the easy side; with a halfass Moze build and matching element Flippers or a GITM Fl4k with matching Monarchs I had little trouble once I knew the fight mechanics. Guardian Angel Moze cheese is just extremely efficient.

My biggest gripes with Psychoreaver and Seer is that they are ostensibly story bosses with raid boss HP, with Seer also having raid boss like mechanics. Going into either of those fights blind completely sucked.

True trials bosses are the worst of the lot though, HP buffs that seem purely to counter streamers who immediately break whatever Gearbox throws at them while the normal playerbase suffers. I asked around on the GBX forums about this and the replies I got were hyper specific super minmax builds that require extremely lucky drops or save editing when you consider the specificity of drops required for artifacts and classmods.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

As someone relatively new, I think the rates are just fine tbh. Most of the good stuff is either DLC locked or cannot world drop, and most of the world drop crap you can use while levelling just to give you a taste of things to come. Even just doing a regular mission of slaughter I'll get about 10-20 legendary drops by the end of it and if I really want, I can fill the map with 100s of legendaries by using the Shlooter but I will *maybe* keep 2 or 3 of those drops, max.

The flipside is that it makes getting base game artifacts and classmods a total pain in the rear end; though this is somewhat alleviated with Graveward Shlooter farming or speedrunning regular trials to tick all the optional objectives.

Eridium farming to roll anoints is honestly the biggest endgame hurdle now when most dedicated drop items have a pretty healthy drop %.

E: the Commander Lilith DLC that came out for BL2 in the run up for BL3 juiced the droprates fairly high but otherwise I have to wonder if people just really don't remember how loving abysmal BL2 droprates are when they ask for that to return. If you really want to spend hours farming the Warrior for any Conference Call drop, only to get one orange and have it be a Flakker, BL2 is always gonna be there waiting. It's not as if BL3 doesn't have difficult farms either if you really want to be anal about optimal gun parts, but it's just so much easier if your baseline is "I can equip and use this."

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

When I think of "Borderlands" endgame I don't necessarily think of a MMO style grind, but I think BL3 already mostly nails it with repeatable challenge content in the form of trials, the slaughter missions and the raids. i just wish it wasn't all relegated to the base game; one thing I'll give BL2 credit for is that every DLC had its own themed raid boss, along with all the smaller holiday "headhunter" DLCs which were extremely fun. I would have loved if they had Mr Torgue show up in every of the BL3 DLCs to host a new round of DLC themed slaughter missions, or have themed DLC raids. Let me explode cowboys or Krieg mind psychos while Mister Torgue cheers me on damnit.