Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I've been playing quite a bit since the dlc dropped and the difference in leg drops is night and day. Playing on m11 tvhm. Switched to m10 with lootsplosion and played slaughter shaft and maybe got 10 total after all rounds. Vending machines haven't had any for me either. Is it a bummer? Yeah I really need a snowdrift deathless. Maybe they overtuned? Not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Rakeris posted:

Wow only 10 from slaughter shaft? That's seems like a crazy nerf, I have not played since the update but wow if that's the case I would not have thought it would be that significant.

Yeah that's why I'm thinking they might have overtuned a bit. Before, the whole map was littered in orange which was ridiculous sure but now it's really bare. It's kind of halted my farming plans for my infinite bear build so I might try a new character and wrap up missions. Maybe the piece I need will pop up eventually. Hopefully they will re-adjust drops a tiny bit.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Father Wendigo posted:

Reddit and the remaining streamers are insistent that having Legendary guns dropping at a rate greater than 1 per hour was what was ruining the game, and this is the first step in making Borderlands 3 great again.

In my opinion, having extensively played diablo 1-3 and all borderlands, the drops before recent dlc were too common. The recent change though is far too drastic. But that's what they do. I wouldn't be surprised if they tuned the drops upward a tiny bit. Some arguments on reddit or forums I can agree with for example why would I pay 500e to play the latest raid only to get one drop. I can understand that. But I have to roll my eyes at most. It sure was fun seeing orange rain from the sky though.

GrumpyGoesWest fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 10, 2021

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I haven't played diablo 3 in quite some time (years) and had a blast with my crusader. Grinding it out but feeling rewarded and able to clear content at the highest difficulty. Most importantly having the pieces to make the builds I wanted to and not having to settle for jank. Still had to spend the time for the pieces but I eventually got them. In borderlands 3 I'm almost there with my moze build. I have it all technically just not the rolls I want. Getting a specific artifact or mod is going to be a doozy especially with a specific prefix. :shrug:

Personally I'm indifferent about the new dlc. The content isn't terrible. I'm still scratching my head at whether the drop rate is intentional or not.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Would it have been a better idea to have the player pick which annointment they want through a vendor or something rather than them being random and tacked on? Think diablo 3's gems system but simpler and more customizable. Like you have a legendary Tizzy and want the consecutive hits annoint so you go to what the reroll machine is now and purchase it with eridium. I think I'd like that better. It wouldn't have to be 500 eridium. It would have to be more for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Good news. Looks like GBX adjusted the drop rates and also made dedicated sources for guns love among other adjustments.