Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Given that I don't care all that much about max-level endgame shenanigans and the like, how badly would I go wrong grabbing BL3 when it goes on sale tomorrow? There seem to be a lot of complaints about this game, many of them Mayhem-related, but I'm not sure how relevant these actually are to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Thanks, guys! Unless it gets discounted a lot I'll only be grabbing the base game, but it sounds like I'll have a good time with it anyway. I did put a fair few hours into the other BL games, so hopefully this one won't disappoint.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
At least you can fast travel both from wherever you want and directly to your vehicle now, which cuts down on travel time quite a bit compared to the previous games. In my opinion the fact that NPC dialogue remains unskippable is much more egregious, honestly.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Paid DLC coming later this year, "bringing an additional Skill Tree for each Vault Hunter and more to those who purchase it". FL4K gets a Trapper skill tree and a Loaderbot pet; the others haven't been revealed yet.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

A Moose posted:

The weirdest thing is that the story is like 85% about Sirens and they never comment that you're one too if you play as Amara. not even once. Its not even that much extra dialogue, they only have 4 characters and they were pretty up front about not adding any more.
The random mooks you gun down by the hundreds have more class-specific dialogue (even if it's just "HEY SOLDIER GIRL!"-style callouts) than any of the NPCs you actually talk to, who as far as I'm aware literally never acknowledge the PC's class in any way. It's dumb and lazy and perfectly in line with the game's mediocre writing.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The real BL3 credits song is Tyreen's jazzy rendition of Claptrap's "stealth time" antics dialogue from the tutorial mission. :colbert:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I recall reading that Tyreen and Troy were originally intended to end up fighting each other at some point. There's still some occasional tension between them in the finished game, but it seems the actual plot point got cut.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Their mercenary guy that you do a couple missions was okay, or at least not terrible.
Pretty much the only line in the entire game that I found amusing enough to remember still was one of Clay's! "Electricity's like a wild stallion: you can't piss on it while it's runnin'."

Well, I thought it was funny, anyway. :shobon:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

M_Gargantua posted:

Gaige is the best BL2 player character and I will not budge on my maximum anarchy stack madness

Eels posted:

Kreig with a build to basically constantly rage/melee for full heals is basically the most fun I've ever had in an FPS, ever.
Honestly, the two DLC classes were the only ones I genuinely had a good time with in BL2. Not sure why the characters in the base game never really clicked with me – all I know is that Gaige and Krieg just hit the spot for me in a way the others never did. Or maybe they simply were busted by comparison.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kibayasu posted:

Why does an adventure game have in-game currency? I guess we're gonna find out.

Pre-purchase New Tales from the Borderlands posted:

It's time to fight back against exploitation and corporate greed.
Honestly, I don't even know anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
To be honest, I only ever found Gaige and Krieg at all tolerable to play outside of BL2's normal difficulty mode. :shrug: