Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Getting some serious decision paralysis on my first playthrough as Amara (lv 33). I did a Samsara build that was effective but not exceedingly fun, and I'm trying a Rush build now that is fun but not super effective. Is melee reasonable? If they could get melee viable I think it could be super fun.

E: And as I post that I get a +2 Samsara mod to drop, so it's back to that!

Poque fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
yeah double nevermind on Rush not being effective as I just got a phasezerker to drop

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Wondering if I'm thinking about this correctly when it comes to my phasezerker Amara.

(Not pictured: Six points distributed in the Fist of the Elements tree)

I'm using Phasecast right now as I am not high-enough leveled to have both Avatar and Ties That Bind active - since I'm just going with Avatar, I use Phasecast to kick off the max stacks bonus from Avatar (compounded by the Phasezerker mod). Since I'm not using Phasecast as my primary damage dealer by any means, are points 2-5 in Do Harm even worth it? It might be better to just use a single point in Do Harm until I can use Ties That Bind and maybe put the other four in two more points of Awakening or maybe some points of Laid Bare since Phasecast won't be killing things any longer.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

it seems far more likely that sometime in the next 10 years someone will make a borderlands clone that is well developed.

We need a Borderlands version of Torchlight 2 to come around and teach Diablo 2 what it did wrong

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mr Scumbag posted:

That... is possibly the most bizarre thing I've read in this thread.

Oh wow, D3 came out before TL2. I'm all hosed up. I just meant that TL2 functioned as kind of a Diablo 2.5, showing how you could do that style of game with a little smarter build and some significant QOL upgrades. Something like that to function as a "Borderlands 3.5" would be super nice.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lord almighty I got a NoPewPew to drop on PT1 and it is melting absolutely everything

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Risky Bisquick posted:

Fun gun, ammo consumption high

I'm not super concerned about the ammo since it does like 80% the damage my Krakatoa does per bullet and I have like 10x the ammo capacity for ARs than sniper rifles

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

A Moose posted:

What's the best class mod for Amara if I want to use Phasegrasp+The Ties That Bind + Stillness of Mind? The actual Phasegrasp class mod seems bad because all it does is just apply my action skill element to everything, and it has points in Infusion, which I read actively lowers your damage.

How does Ties That Bind work with Rush stack abilities? Does it only do more damage to the secondary targets since Phasegrasp doesn't do damage itself? is Phasezerker a good class mod for a Phasegrasp build?

If you're doing a Rush stack build, Phasezerker is the best one by far. I am using Phasecast until I have enough points to get Avatar from the Mystical Assault tree AND Ties That Bind. Once I have that, I'll switch to Phasegrasp + Ties That Bind as the Rush bonus will apply to anybody taking bullet damage from being grasped OR being secondarily-grasped from TTB.

Not sure on your first main question though - I'm planning on keeping Soul Sap rather than use Stillness of Mind.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

A Moose posted:

Soul Sap is the healing one, right? Stillness of Mind has been working pretty great, it usually grabs 6 or 7 enemies and has a pretty wide range. It also grabs people who walk into range AFTER you use Phasegrasp but while its still active. I think Sustainment is more than enough healing when you have a good elemental weapon like a Hellshock or NoPewPew.

That definitely makes sense if you are far enough along in the Fist of The Elements tree. Right now I've only got about 7-8 points there though :) In this interim period where I don't have enough points for both Avatar and TTB, I've been rolling Avatar, but tbh I should consider a respec geared toward finishing Fist of the Elements and see if the lower amount of Rush stacks is still viable for now. I bet it would be.

Right now I currently am rolling with: https://bl3skills.com/siren/#0000000000000013153113130315003000000000 (along with Phasecast and Soul Sap)
But it might make sense to try something like: https://bl3skills.com/siren/#0000000000000053003010000005005051310200 (along with Ties That Bind and Stillness of Mind)

The current rollout has been insanely successful though - especially since I can blast out two phasecasts and I'm very VERY rarely not getting absurd bonuses from my Rush stacks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

In the first game running an enemy over (on higher difficulties) would blow up your vehicle most of the time because of the damage scaling.

The Knoxx DLC was pure vehicle hell.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MMAgCh posted:

Given that I don't care all that much about max-level endgame shenanigans and the like, how badly would I go wrong grabbing BL3 when it goes on sale tomorrow? There seem to be a lot of complaints about this game, many of them Mayhem-related, but I'm not sure how relevant these actually are to me.

Regular new game is totally fine, you'll have a lot of fun. It plays really nicely.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just logged on to claim some golden keys out of habit (even though I haven't gotten anything good from it in ages) and noticed that my already-ludicrously overpowered NoPewPew got....buffed???? Like it was a level 35 weapon with 233x3 base damage, and everything else stayed the same while the damage was buffed to 335x3. This thing was already going to carry me through probably the rest of the campaign and now it's even more powerful.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

a sexual elk posted:

And is Phasezerker still the go to for Amara?

Probably. From what I hear, Ties That Bind no longer distributes damage with the boost from Do Harm (i.e. it doesn't count as "action skill damage" to shoot a Ties That Bound enemy) so 2x phasecast is probably the new high point. Not sure though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ZZT the Fifth posted:

OK, I did that. The game hangs at the splash screen the first time I launch it, but when I click "Stop" in Steam, the game launches, goes to Claptrap, and then closes. And then when I start it again it starts up normally. That's... actually what happened the first time I got the game launched. I verified the files and they all came back okay as well.

Am I just going to have to jump through that hoop every time I start the game after booting up my PC?

I have to do that every time. I've just gotten used to it at this point, no clue how else to do it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't know what's more baffling, the constant failures to balance the game in a fun and meaningful way, or their complete failure to have a usable menu UI after three (four?) games in the series

I haven't played the pre-sequel so I don't know if they managed to get it right but I'd be shocked if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Judge Tesla posted:

The pre-sequel has balance issues yes, Deadlift, the first major boss on Elpis is nigh impossible on UVHM unless you have busted rear end weapons.

Oh I'm just talking about the menu UI. I don't personally go into TVHM/UVHM/Mayhem much (I just like talking to Lilith so much)