Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Killavolt

That is all. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I've had hearts occasionally spawn with names like "WrongEventError248746" instead of the usual names. Doesn't happen often but it's weird when it does.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

So, uh... is there a point to TVHM in this game? I always immediately did TVHM in previous games because normal mode put a soft cap on your level. But that doesn't appear to be the case in 3; after completing the story everything started scaling to my level. And the increased loot drops from Mayhem makes it seem like TVHM is a superfluous legacy mode now. I can't think of any real benefit of doing TVHM. Max level quest rewards, maybe? But the quest rewards never exactly blew me away in the first place.

Is there something I'm missing?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Judge Tesla posted:

Anointed enemies spawn earlier in TVHM and I think there's more badass enemy spawns in general.

OK, but is there a point to anointed/badass spawns? They don't seem to be giving much better loot in Mayhem than the other enemies and/or chests. Are they more generous in TVHM?

Monolith. posted:

Plus you get fully leveled quest rewards.

I mentioned that.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Got a Quasar grenade mod! :yeshaha:

It's the longbow variant, which is bugged and just disappears when you throw it. :suicide:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Judge Tesla posted:

I'll take wacky modifiers over having like 4 negative modifiers stacked ontop of each other, some combinations are unplayable.

This goes double for the Maliwan Takedown, Wotan with 45% increased health/shields/armor is horrible.

I've been playing on M3 for quite awhile and last night I got the first combination of handicaps that was so bullshit that I immediately quit and reloaded my save when I saw it. In a loader-heavy area, I got:

-20% gun damage +
Enemies take -70% damage from all sources (WTF!) +
Enemies take -50% corrosion damage

I saw that, said "gently caress this", and reloaded. I would have been plinking away at those drat loaders all loving night.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

HydeLyde posted:

I'm playing as Moze where I basically only use Torgue weapons and the skills that interact with splash damage, along with dipping into the two other trees for perks that sounded good at the time. I have the relic that drops your HP to 1 and gives a massive shield boost (which turns out not to work with the capstone shield tree perk I took that's supposed to make your shield instantly refill when it runs out, whoops). The build would probably be better respeccing into only two trees instead of all three.

If you're gonna be speccing into splash damage and using that particular relic, you want to use the Bloodletter mod, the Vampyr skill and the Means of Destruction skill, as well as all skills that increase grenade usefulness and splash damage in general. Then just run around spamming grenades. The constant grenade spam will continually regenerate your shields, and your grenades will keep replenishing themselves, allowing you to keep spamming them.

It's generally considered to be one of the most broken builds in the game.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that thrown Tediore guns count as grenades as far as proccing those skills goes.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Yeah, there was one area where the enemy levels dropped by like 10 compared to the previous area. It was super obnoxious to fight through there while getting pretty much no XP.

Really, they need to adjust level scaling in general. Toward the end I started skipping sidequests because I was already so overleveled that the main quest was stupidly easy. It was just a boring slog. The final few bosses were a total joke. And you can't use Mayhem in NG, so there's no way to increase the challenge. I just yawned my way to the end.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm sorry about your weird friends.

I sure as hell would wait for the Steam version rather than buy any game on EGS.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

poe meater posted:

Are there any issues with this game at the moment? Like technical or otherwise? My friend and I are thinking about purchasing the game on steam.

lol

This game has a lot more technical issues than any game in recent memory. It's still a great game but prepare yourself for a ton of jank.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol, these posts are bringing me back to my own traumatic experience.

...! posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Killavolt

That is all. :colbert:

The shield these guys are talking about does make you pretty much invulnerable to him (his melee attack still does damage but it's trivial, and literally all of his other attacks heal you). The problem is that there's really only two reliable ways to get it. It's a very late game quest reward, and it has a high drop rate from... Killavolt. :suicide:

The plus side is that I have a level 53 Transformer in Mayhem 3 and it's basically turned Killavolt into my personal loot piņata. I'd crank it up to Mayhem 4 if it wouldn't make getting back to him a pain in the rear end. Whenever I want more legendaries, I just farm him for awhile and mock his inability to do poo poo to me.

As for the first time I got to him, he was the only boss in the game who frustrated me enough to put off fighting him for awhile. Thank god he's a side quest boss and thus is optional. I probably would have dropped the game. I ended up coming back at level 30 and rolling right over him.

He's pretty much the only boss in the game that I would call unbalanced.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Klaus88 posted:

Enjoying my first play through as Moze. I appreciate that one of her skill trees turns her into an 80s action hero with bottomless mags.

I got this Maliwan gun that takes a while to spin up but has an absurd fire rate, just an unnecessary number of bullets dumped directly into some fools face. It's everything I ever wanted. :allears:

The one thing I've never understood about that skill tree is "Click... click..." It seems completely out of place on that skill tree. The entire tree is all about making sure your mag stays full at all times. Then there's that one skill DEEP into the tree that gives you a bonus when your mag is nearly empty. It goes against the entire point.

Zerilan posted:

Is there anywhere to still legitimately acquire Tales from the Borderlands?

Is it no longer on the PS/Xbox online stores? I know other Telltale games are still being sold even though the company croaked awhile back.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Also, I don't understand the hate for Maliwan guns. :colbert:

I've always used Maliwan guns (especially SMGs) almost exclusively. I love the heavy elemental damage. The spinup time isn't that bad and you get used to it before long. I just pull the trigger a second or so before I want to start a fight. It became muscle memory.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Panfilo posted:

I miss the grinder from the pre sequel. It was a useful way to dump crappy greens and blues.

Any particular reason they didn't carry it over? Did they just make drop rates more generous to compensate? Recovering 'lost' loot isn't as useful to me as converting vendor trash into better guns.

The drop rate is so insanely generous (especially in Mayhem mode) that there's really no need for a grinder. Just dump the vendor trash into a vending machine.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Katt posted:

Yeah but the mech isn't so much about as DPS as it is about damage per fuel used. Firing a nuke costs about as much fuel as firing the minigun for 3 seconds but the nuke will do enormous amounts of damage to several targets and inflict splash damage/dot on all.

If you're not RPing a 40k Dreadnought (and you should you loving heretic) I guess you could go nuke + missiles and then use missiles to finish off what the nuke doesn't kill instantly.

Someone did a thorough analysis and determined that the nuke has one of the absolute worst damage:fuel ratios of all the weapons. The best is the explosive minigun.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Katt posted:

Jesus Christ the explosive minigun is insane. I expected little put-put explosions but it practically fires missiles.

https://i.imgur.com/tnvOpVR.mp4

What did I tell you? And it uses very little fuel.

The lesson here is to always listen to me.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The SF Force Maliwan SMG is insane.

A no chargeup penetrating laser that fires two elements simultaneously. Mine fires simultaneous incendiary and shock beams and everything just melts. :stare:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Also, protip: (minor Moxxi DLC spoiler) I discovered that the lasers fired by the final boss of the Moxxi DLC actually are shock damage, so the first three phases of the fight can be trivialized by using the Transformer shield; he'll spend most of his time healing you. The fourth phase is a different matter; he mostly uses melee attacks.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Panfilo posted:

New to the DLCs, and running Handsome Jackpot while in Mayhem 1 and its crazy how many purples and legendaries are dropping.

So many drop in Mayhem 3 that I usually just ignore the purples.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Why are some of you being such goobs about the Storm Front? It's a common weather-related phrase whose main use isn't racist. The Storm Front has been a grenade mod since at least Borderlands 2.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Internet Explorer posted:

gee I wonder why

in a game from Randy loving Pitchford

Read->comprehend->post

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Panfilo posted:

I want a BALEX GPS voice now.

"Aw poo poo, there's a fuckload of traffic up ahead. Vault Hunter, make a left turn at the next intersection and take the frontage road to bypass it. Navigated, bitches!"

"One man's trash is another man's trash. Think about that."

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Have you considered using eyes that sync with the map and auto-rotate to the correct orientation? :hmmyes:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

It's gonna drive me nuts trying to figure out what's going on behind the scenes with the Science minigame. What are we actually doing, aligning C-G/A-T pairs? The game clearly knows when things are aligned correctly and when they aren't, so why is the game necessary at all? Why not just send the data for a second pass through the supercomputer? What's the human element adding here?

Mayim doesn't explain it to my satisfaction. :colbert:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Katt posted:

The nuke already killed everything. Moze was fine.

:wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Fenn the Fool! posted:

As I get into the harder puzzles I'm finding some that don't have high scores listed at all. It's possible that they're swapping in new ones, likely automatically once all solutions coming in start being repeats of previous solutions. In the first couple sets of puzzles it'd be really easy to have a computer brute force optimal solutions, but by Torgue or Markus I can see how that wouldn't be possible anymore.

Of course there are new ones; why wouldn't there be? It wouldn't do them any good to have everyone solve the same handful of puzzles repeatedly. If there's no high score then it's a new one. You get a 50 point "Pioneer" bonus for completing it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The Shame Boy posted:

Ask me about trying to farm Killavolt all day for a current level transformer shield and not getting it to drop until i opened up one of the ammo cases during the fight :v:

God, the recent vending machine event was throwing Transformers (usually anointed) at me like candy.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Yeah, the Transformer is one of the best (arguably the best) shields in the game. Having all shock damage charge your shield is pretty incredible. There's also an assault rifle that does small amounts of self-shock damage while you fire it, so you're constantly healing your shield as long as you hold the trigger down.

Alternatively, you can charge your shield by throwing shock grenades at your feet. Or (and this really helps in the Circles of Slaughter) kill enemies who exclusively do shock damage last so they follow you around and act as your personal medics during long fights.

So many possibilities... :allears:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Is it possible that a stray bullet hit the backpack? Many container types can be meleed or shot open.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Yeah, I found it pretty obnoxious that enemies start dropping COMs and relics long before you're able to equip them. What's the point of that?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Except they hosed it up with the DLC2 COMs. If you want Moze's, you need to farm with Flak. If you want Flak's, you need to farm with Moze. :suicide:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eh, now that the people working on the game know they were lied to about their bonuses, I absolutely would not be surprised if they were purposely sabotaging little poo poo like that purely out of spite.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

How long did you think it was going to be? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sex Hobbit posted:

Happy birthday to me!

:wrong:

:colbert: