Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

internet celebrity posted:

The DLC rumor was true, it was up on steam for a few minutes and a few people grabbed the images.

https://imgur.com/a/UtflKRy

Release is this Sunday.

Those plant Psychos were supposed to be enemies in the canceled DLC for the Pre-Sequel, Luxy's Space Adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Otacon posted:

Had no idea Crazy Earl is voiced by Randy Pitchford...
They gave Earl that Hitler-stache for a reason, you know.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

RVWinkle posted:

I don't think there's much value in dissecting a video game plot but I will say that Salvador's sole motivation is guns. He clearly perceives vault hunting as a means to use and acquire guns.

Also taking care of his abuela. The man loves his abuela.

Also Sal is the only one *born and raised* on Pandora. Everyone else ended up there on business.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Pope Guilty posted:

Or fleeing the law after their robot murdered a classmate.

Then that's their business. You don't go around talking about other people's business, it's rude and gets you killed.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Psychedelicatessen posted:

smh at all of you forgetting Krieg

Krieg's from Hera and is on Pandora to clear up some business with the Hyperion corporation, which has him classified as lost property.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Just FYI, etech snipers penetrate witch doctor masks. Might make them worth using even in vanilla (with the patch they're a no brainer, like I've said before).

The community patch really magnifies how half-assed Gearbox's balance pass attempts were during the Loot Hunt. Having CoV advertising nothing beyond 'endless magazines' isn't inspiring confidence in their ability to improve upon the issues present in 2/TPS.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Are there any preorder discounts besides best buy offering $10 in credit?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm just going to admit my embarrassment that I only recently realised they are going for a Liam Neeson thing with Zane.

You didn't get *any* Boondock Saints vibes? Seriously?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Solumin posted:

I'm trying not to get too hyped for the game, but yeah I've got high hopes. Especially if they've fixed some of the weird gun balance issues, like the nerfed rifles.
The write up of the CoV weapons isn't exactly filling me with hope. Every other brand got a very distinct gimmick, while CoV just got a rehashed Bandit gimmick.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yo if I feel like firing up borderlands2 for the first time in forever, are there any like, must-have mods? I have vague memories of the drop rates in vanilla being abysmal, is that a thing?

I've seen a 'Reborn' mod that drastically changes things up gunwise if you're looking for a new experience. Otherwise, the community balance patch is pretty decent.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

raditts posted:

I was prepared to hate it before I played it because everything I'd heard was making GBS threads on it, but I really liked it and don't understand the hate. It's certainly a lot more enjoyable to play than BL1 was.
A lot of the hate was that named enemies were bugged and didn't respawn unless you reset all game progress; this wasn't fixed until the final DLC dropped. Then the first DLC - in addition to being rather sparse content wise compared to what 2 got - was also bugged to only have single player normal mode numbers of spawns in the arena, which combined with its size made it feel very empty.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Has anyone seen any of the red rarity guns that are listed above orange on the Slot Machine? Either they aren't in-game yet or they have even stingier drop rates than legendaries in 2.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Crowetron posted:

The end cutscene combined with the credits music is hardest I've ever laughed at a Borderlands game. Goddamn.

Good final boss tho

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got some serious Poochie vibes off of the last scene.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Crowetron posted:

I'm on PS4, and I dunno if consoles got the hotfix. I'm used to having poo poo luck with drops in ARPGs so I just assumed the problem was me.

If it's like BL2 was, you're always getting hotfixes applied unless you've set your console to offline.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

Matchmaking on PS4 sucks so bad. Are there goon groups who play?

What are you looking for, post game arena runs? My PSN tag is my username with an underscore instead of a space.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

I am genuinely surprised that they made any attempts at balance changes before 2020. Maybe they'll address Iron Bear's late game HP issue next go around.

Also, I was expecting Katagawa to try and play the twins against each other until the Atlas boss fight. Same with the Aurelia - the Sacked! storyline even played into that one.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 27, 2019

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Zane has some top-tier dialogue

Conversely, Moze and FL4K are very, very dull. Roland with no story dialogue felt more interesting in BL1 than moze does from the first few hours I've played with her.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

That's nearly a third of all his skills. :psyduck:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

ptkfvk posted:

is it possible to farm pain and terror? i just killed the robot but they never popped out.

how do i farm class mods

I'm guessing it's either bugged or an outright oversight that they don't appear after the Agonizer 9K rematches. I ran it 6 times with the Legendary Loaded Dice mod and never saw anything rarer than a blue, then fought Katagawa and got an Alchemist, Brainstorm and the sniper he usually drops Storm throughout four tries.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 2, 2019

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rinkles posted:

aaaaaahhhhhh

Ahh poo poo, RIP. So much for the patch fixing that.

By chance, did you loot any of the eridium chests on the Skywell meteor? Someone on Reddit was able to consistently wipe his bank by looting one of them.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

^burtle posted:

If I tag in to the final quest on TVHM will that count as a full clear for contents sake?

It's not supposed to, no. I had my game offer to jump ahead after playing Gathering Storm thru Jailbreak and it started me on the next leg of the Eden 6 questline without a hitch.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Shakenbaker posted:

We got odds on another Traunt being in the Maliwan DLC?

Grand Admiral Traunt, commander of Maliwan's outer territories fleet and mother to the Traunt brothers. Speaks with a disarming Valley Girl accent.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

10 Beers posted:

Finally beat the game. What's the fastest way to get to 50? Sidequests? TVHM?

Also, what's a fun build for Zane? The drone seems kinda boring.

The most feasible Zane build I've seen involves using the capstone of the drone tree that procs all of your kill skills on Drone/Clone activation, and then filling up the clone tree to allow it to self destruct. You can effectively keep your kill skills up regardless of kills while the drone irradiates and zaps enemies. Then just zip around with double move speed using boosted guns and go hog wild.

The shield and clone (and Iron Bear and most of FL4K's pets) are as sturdy as wet cardboard and tend to get blasted into confetti. They aren't really up to snuff for TVHM 50+, but it appears* that Gearbox seems to be at least a little aware of the overarching problems and are looking to fix things eventually**.

* - I'm being optimistic here
** - 2 and TPS didn't see overarching balance changes or respawning bosses (respectively) for about a year after release.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

^burtle posted:

More of a flaw that the endgame has pretty much already been maxxxed and taxxxed and we’re now in the holding cycle until new content arrives.

That and there's no clear way to chase after the overwhelming majority of gear beyond brute forcing RNG.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

I thought Moze wanted as little health as possible?
She can some to all reserve HP in exchange for shields with skills and an artifact.

The only thing she can't do is have interesting dialogue. :(

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

ASenileAnimal posted:

lmao is the hanging chadd gun for real? infinite bullets? this owns

It is and it does. :hai:

I'm hoping we get an AR like it to spray shrapnel everywhere.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Solumin posted:

Funny, I just fought that boss last night. I had picked up a corrosive Hive rocket launcher an hour before. Plopped a few shots on the giant red weak points and the fight was over in like 5 minutes.

A flakker will literally kill it in a minute or less if it doesn't get hung on the health bar transition.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Crowetron posted:

This game is about two wizards fighting over a magic box. And you don't even play as one of the wizards.

That's kind of the crux of the problem - the game hangs several crucial story telling beats on having the player character just magically disappear because the plot can't really allow for it. When you conclude Promethea, kill Troy, watch Typhon die or watch Lilith Poochie off to the moon you start to feel a little like Bruce Willis in 6th Sense.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

The Gravewarden was the biggest loving bullet sponge ever. What a crock of poo poo. Made it totally unfun.

Got him down to half then my Iron Bear got stuck in the round and I had to kill myself with grenades. Second try I got him to 5% or so and fell off the edge. Goddamn.

I tried IB once during the GW fight. I immediately clipped through the platform and died. Don't bother trying to use the mech, just bring a full loadout of fire weapons and always hit the crit spots on the arms with something fast firing.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Judge Tesla posted:

It's real cool when a legendery drops and it has a Terror Annointed effect on it which will be useless when the event ends.
There are anointed perks that give you Terror, assuming you have enough gear to make a kit dedicated to it.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Target Practice posted:

Is it just me or is this game harder than the other two? I'm playing Fl4k and it seems like fights take forever and my weapons are garbage, even at a low level. I just killed gigamind so I know I'm not up there level wise.

I remember being underpowered but not this bad.

Always check vending machines to upgrade your kit. Purps are better than some legendary items.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

DreadCthulhu posted:

Also, that vault monster was very reminiscent of another boss in BL2 now that I think about it, huh. Not exactly the same moves, but also sitting beyond the edge and having a few weak spots you shoot at. Forget it that was from a DLC or the main sequence.

The Leviathan in Cap'n Scarlett?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

lazerwolf posted:

Speaking of Amara, going to start a playthrough with her next. What's the best build for the early levels

Phasegrasp is a universally useful ability. As for skills: regenerating health is nice, but once you have decent guns the Elemental boost tree is ridiculous.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

stuffed crust punk posted:

I'm selling blues and purps i get for quest rewards if their stats are lousy. Should i not be doing this
Stats mean nothing if there's red text. There's guns that fire forever never consuming ammo and a shotgun with tiny legs that follows you around- those are just the blues.

Figure out what they do first.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

For what it's worth, I think that Graveward is particularly popular because it doesn't have any health-gating or immunity phases *in addition* to being 15 steps from the spawn-in point.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

You'll never get value from the GunGun, but you'll soon find you don't have anything worth doing with it besides maybe getting Anointed gear from Earl if you don't have a full legendary loadout yet.
I'd just hang onto it unless you're max'd on eridium and need to make room. Some purps with the right anointment can legitimately better than the majority of legendary gear*, so Earl's machine can be a reasonable alternative to grinding.

* - Unless you're Moze. Thanks, Iron Bear. :mad:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rinkles posted:

have they fixed chest loot sometimes being underleveled when you're at max level?
No, that's still a thing.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Lumpy posted:

Do artifacts only give you bonuses if you are sliding / slamming (depending on the artifact, obviously) or am I missing something or haven't seen any good ones yet.
You're missing the good ones.

There's artifacts that increase luck, money/ammo/health, elemental damage, and attack mini-grenades on melee.

If you're really hard-up for something beyond slide/pound, you can farm the Psycho-Billies by Rogues Hollow to get an Electric Banjo. It gives every shot a chance to generate a Tesla grenade effect on an enemy.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

I really enjoyed the new DLC. A little short, but I haven't looked at the side quests yet and I actually want to revisit the new maps. The cutaway/whiteout mechanic about 2/3 of the way through is a blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Maya was also supposed to accompany you to Skywell-27 and argue with Rhys about whether or not they should destroy the laser cannon. There's probably two or three very different campaigns given all of the cut content in the game files.