Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Aaaaah this game looks amazing!!! My only big worry is whether or not it will target 60fps on PS4 PRO :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Maybe try a grenade jump? Unequip your grenade mod and throw the basic one at your feet, jump in front of it just before it explodes

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
You guys just reminded me how good Claptastic Voyage was. In my humble opinonion it's the best of all the DLCs for both games, except Tiny Tina's.

Which again reminds of how amazing the music for TT was. Like, listen to this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53CAzh_qCGE

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Did anyone install the Ultra HD pack on PS4 pro? If so, how is the performance hit? I play on max FOV so I'm a bit worried it'll tank the framerate

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Mailer posted:

I always figured the later stuff (OP levels, raid bosses, etc) were pretty much designed with someone having a save editor in mind.

RIP consoles (me).

I guess that's why I ignored the OP levels, couldn't bother re-farming everything and the balance feels pretty good for me at 72, including being able to kill a good bunch of the raid bosses solo with either Salvador or Zer0

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Sooo, Moze looks great, but I wonder if the mech will conflict with my enjoyment of guns and loot... Is she the character for people who don't want to struggle with RNG gun loot or am I mistaken?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Just want to report that everything is working great for me on PS4 pro on 1080p with HDR enabled. No problem with input lag and performance is good!

I'm also having a LOT of fun! This game is great!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Re: Playing solo. Fl4k's pets are amazing at finding that last lone enemy stuck on geometry on the other side of the area, and/or cleaning up the last rakks or ratches or whatever. This pleases me greatly. ALSO, in the Jabber tree, you can have your pet revive you if you are close enough. This has saved me countless times when I'm downed and the enemies are hiding, or there are no enemies left.

Tei posted:

And the humour is not very good.

IMO the humor is great. The quest with the guy stuck in the porta-potty gave me my hardest laughs in a long while! The janitor-bot slurping enthusiastically when cleaning diarrhea almost killed me. There is truly a lack of good toilet-humor in most "adult" media and games these days, and Borderlands fills that fart-shaped gap in my heart.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 16, 2019

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Rinkles posted:

Btw, if anyone else was wondering, the Maggie got hit with the nerf as well

Hotfix is live on psn

Isn't Maggie just strictly worse than a purple masher to begin with?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Skypie posted:

So I finally got the "fall through the world forever" bug and had to log out.

then when I logged in, my bank was empty. :rip:

Hold up, I just saw a bunch of posts on the gearbox forums where people mentioned losing their bank after falling through the world, especially after the Troy fight.
So it seems more and more likely that this is one of the causes of the bank bug. But how the fuckkkkkkk does falling through the skybox delete your bank??
I did fall through after Troy on my first playthrough without losing my bank though. Were you on your second playthrough?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I got legendary COMs on my second and third Agonizer 9000 kills, then 3-4 more over the course of 20-30 kills. This was on normal mode Mayhem 2 by the way, so not bad at all!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't have a problem with the Blood Harvest event as a free bit of seasonal content, but I feel like it gets in the way of the Anointed boost, since a bunch of the Terror effects end up on them.

Yeah, I actually dropped some terror-annointed gear in favor of non-annointed gear just so I don't have to be annoyed about the useless text, even though they're functionally the same

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Yo, what's the best loot ghost farm?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Jusupov posted:

Someone was doing the part in family jewel where a bunch of dinosaurs come jumping down that large hole in the ship, seems to give a loot ghost every time.

Is that the room with the big waterfall?

Edit: and does the quest need to be active?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I live in Europe so I don't know what "today" means for Gearbox. Is it still "today"?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Agent355 posted:

Gotta give credit to the Tommy Wiseau quest as being the only quest to get an honest laugh out of me so far. Maybe just because I wasn't expecting it.

The quest in Lectra City where you try to help the guy stuck in a porta-potty was the comedic highlight for me! So silly xD

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

MarshyMcFly posted:

That gun is great for a crit build flak, until you pick up a rowans call or lucians call and just go into full on ricochet mode and annihilate everything surrounding your target. The headsplosion just doesn’t have the firing speed to take full advantage of flaks guerrillas in the mist.

I got a few lucians calls but the damage seems kind of low - even when critting TTK is much higher than other good guns. What am I missing?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

caligulamprey posted:

OH MAN, I just got my PS4 back from being repaired and booted up the game - all my cosmetic items are gone, all my guardian points are gone, all my golden keys have disappeared and I can't even mark items as trash with the click of a button anymore. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat happened.

Marking bug is for everyone on consoles, will be fixed in next patch. Can still mark in bank or when equipped.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
This event has made me realize how much I hate FOMO. With the recurring Hex (even though they nerfed it) I always knew that if I kept playing I would get it eventually. Knowing that the Recurring Ghast Call is super OP and that I'll have to hurry and grind if I want to get it before the event is over makes me feel bad. It's made the game more unpleasant and stressful to play, especially seeing that about 15 of the 25 Captain Haunt kills I've done have dropped NOTHING.

I guess I shouldn't care about it, but I'm kind of susceptible to tricks like FOMO and the lack of stuff like that has been part of why I like Borderlands - I can/could play it at my own pace.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Resting Lich Face posted:

Ughhh they better add dedicated drop sources for legendaries because world farming sucks rear end.

They are planning to do just that :)

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I played BL2 nonstop for about a year before I got bored of it, only to find myself coming back years later to play through again.

I played BL3 for about 2 weeks before I was sick of it and haven't been back since.

That's the real difference.

Is it possible the year+ of nonstop bl2 made you tired of borderlands in general? That's how it feels for me at least, having grinded bl2 as well. I'm still having fun with this, but the "magic" is dulled, like I've built up a tolerance to it

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Don't wanna grind for three weeks to be able to enjoy the 1% chance of getting good drops after clearing the raid on M4?

Here are some currently working exploits to help you along!

Warning! The videos are annoyingly meandering, but they do the trick

Two Fang stacking
Requirements:
- Fl4K
- Willingness to lose your money
- A gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTKuf4Y2fIA

Terror extra projectile stacking
Requirements:
- Gun with "chance to fire extra projectile when terrified" anoint
- A way to apply terror to yourself (on action skill end is easiest)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBR02C-VIFM

Brawler ward buff stacking
Requirements:
- Brawler Ward shield
- Facepuncher shotgun
- Willingness to lose all your money
- Patience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OtqTrL7Jxo

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Black Griffon posted:

How many 0.5% increased damage skills are there this time around?

Not many, skills are powerful, and endgame legendary droprate is MUCH higher!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

The Ion Cannon from the DLC is the new norfleet! And it's a guaranteed drop :O

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Rinkles posted:

Though I don't think they fixed chest loot levels

Do you mean items being at level 49?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Shiftypenguin posted:

Does the reset side quests thing work for the collect-a-thing world quests? I'd like a level 53 Burning Scovile but really don't want to have to start another playthrough.

Nope, AFAIK.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Frustrated posted:

Can someone give me pointers on how to beat Wotan on mayhem 4 with Fl4k? That fat fucker insta killing my pet really pisses me off and the fact that I have no ista heal abilities or good damage reduction really feels like phase 3 just one shots me. It's also possible I'm just bad.

Yeah, struggling to survive the takedown with fl4k as well. Damage is no problem but I die too quick.

If anyone is on PS4 and have a Last Stand Otto Idol they could dupe me I'd be greatful.

Tip for your pet dying: in the skills menu, if you select another pet the dying one will despawn and the one you chose will spawn healthy next to you. You can also choose a different pet, back out of menu, then immediately go to menu and choose the original one again. If you have the menu ready you can even do it on multiplayer no problem

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Floppychop posted:

I'm farming Billy the Annointed to try and get the Raging Bear mod for Moze.

I forgot how soul crushing farming bosses in the Borderlands series was. Holy poo poo.

bUt fArMiNg iS tHe eNtIrE pOiNt oF tHe gAmE

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
The game was getting samey, M4 was super easy, and there was no meaningful progression left. Now there's lots of challenge, progression, and ways to switch up the gameplay! It's great. I really don't get the redditors who are super angry that M10 is difficult

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
There's too much poo poo on the screen now. I suddenly got really tired of it. With some of the new modifiers it gets insane

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Mayhem 2.0 and the cartel yellowcake/o.p.q. debacle kind of killed the fun for me, since I like some variety. I hope the new update fixes that stuff!

I must say, even though it's great they are updating all the time, I kind of miss how I experienced BL2. I came in late enough that the game was kind of locked in, and all the warts became something I just accepted and worked around, carving out a playstyle that could even rely on bugs to work. Now, everytime I settle into a build or gear I know it might become unusable soon.

Still love the game though, especially the dlcs

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

BizarroAzrael posted:

No way to make particular underbosses show but when you reach Joey you can see which two are with him, and when you get the one you want keep killing them, then let Joey kill you, you can kill them again after respawn until you kill Joey. If you don't get one you want, restart. You have to fight an underboss at the mansion entrance again, but then you can drop down and start the Joey fight again with another pair of underbosses.

You can also fast travel to the entrance then run back to the fight if you dont't want to lose $$$

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Sex Hobbit posted:

He's got some fancy version of the game, right? Could they not have buffed his drop rates or guaranteed he got some hot poo poo new gun?

No, that was a separate launcher. Anyway, the three other people he played with didn't get anything either. All in all they got 5 rolls on the final boss on Mayhem 10 and got absolutely nothing. Good job gearbox!!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I think they're going to scale action skill damage to mayhem level when the new dlc drops

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Mr Scumbag posted:

You mean the next bug pack?

Yup!!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Mr Scumbag posted:

I think most people plan on running through it maybe but it seems like a lot of people have decided to give the game another 6 months or so before really taking it seriously again

Yup!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

isoprenaline posted:

I was looking forward to the DLC tomorrow.

Then, just now, I learned that it comes with a 3 level cap raise.

gently caress.

I just can’t fill that loving bank again.

If you're on PC you can use a save editor and level up your guns,

If you're on console like me you're hosed

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Refarm everything AGAIN? I'm so glad I stopped playing this game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Well, if this is the final level increase I'll have to retract my negativity a bit. Kind of wish I started playing now rather than at the very beginning