Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
This looks fun. I still like the art direction and I am glad this looks similar, just with slightly more fluid animations. (Except for that huge dinosaur bit, wtf was that.)

I am glad they're going full Overwatch with the active abilities - one button press every few minutes was boring even five years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm gonna play as the smol soldier and none of you can stop me

I am probably going to play as the Vladof chick, because gently caress yeah Vladof. :ussr:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Mr E posted:

Also, no slag would be nice.

According to the leaks, your wish (and mine) has been granted.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

On paper slag was an interesting concept, the classic debuff an enemy to increase your damage tactic but wonky level scaling and the fact UVHM made it mandatory just made it incredibly annoying to deal with.

TBH more damage types than weapon slots just bothered the poo poo out of me. Four is loving enough.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

nah i think we know who that is

(especially with the boardgame box revealing her new outfit from the front)

WIDOWMAKER?!

OH poo poo THEY'RE DOING A CROSSOVER WITH OVERWATCH?!?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

one of the new "badguys" is a Siren.

Yes and we know how they look, they're the ones at 0:14. It's some new character, it seems.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
BL1 writing and characters were... not good. BL2 was infinitely more engaging and while they overdid it in lol memes department, even that worked better than the first game for the most part.

I do hope they try to emulate Tales for tone.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Also, I just realized that Musclesiren is probably Indian-ish, not black.

Like, the many arms thing, duh?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

iospace posted:

I'm one of those people who thought BL2 was better than BL1. Yes it's me, supposedly That Guy.

Most people who've actually played them are That Guy.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

well anthony burch is gone so

He also consulted and wrote on Tales.

Judge Tesla posted:

The biggest thing that kills my enthusiasm for replaying BL2 with a new character is the slow as balls pace before you hit Sanctuary, the Southern Shelf section is practically a warcrime in how long it feels, plus getting your class skill at level 5 is a huge ball-buster.

Definitely. Hopefully you get all of the abilities in the basic form in the first half-hour of the game.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

Come, come, friend.

As someone who has done this a couple of times recently you can actually blitz through it pretty quickly and ignore the side quests. Not getting your skill until 5 still sucks though. One of the few improvements in TPS.

You can also edit a save and start a New Game Plus with a new character in their 30s.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Apparently most of the Tales writing team was scooped up by Gearbox after Telltale went under, and Burch is with Riot now isn't he?

Doesn't seem like any of them were, on a casual Googling.

Burch works for Freddie Wong now, I believe. And DMs a D&D podcast for him.

Incidentally, if any of you haven't read Tales from the Borderlands: The Oral History, you should.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

On Terra Firma posted:

Here's something Pitchford Re-tweeted about the writers. Don't know them but it's a lead.

https://twitter.com/ConnorTCleary/status/1111352835059396608

You can see what they wrote on MobyGames. Eheheheh.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

horny for that new siren

The buff one, I hope.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

watho posted:

Is there a turret guy besides the mech suit? seems a lot more interesting that just plonking down a turret

It seems like a second player can actually climb onto the mech and use a separate turret while riding. Which is kinda cool.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Randy literally in bed with the Epic Store guy.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

NofrikinfuN posted:

I wondered if this wasn't Vaughn from Tales.

People seem to think it's probably the Doppleganger Jack.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

I mean thats a good point. I just wanted to play as the best boi

I'd rather interact with than be any of the characters from the previous games, tbh.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Some Rage 2 gameplay from PAX. Looks like Borderlands meets Doom, more or less.

Rinkles posted:

How long did it take ya? I have to get to it eventually.

They're usually 2-3 hours per episode.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

it's absolutely going to be on EGS only because randy doesn't give a poo poo and just wants the big money up front that epic is almost certainly going to bribe him with

Whoever's making the decision would be dumb not to. The difference in revenue share is a big, big sack of money and I rather doubt the current Epic-directed online nerdrage will significantly affect its sales.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

orcane posted:

Lol those wacky online nerds am I right?

But no it won't because the vast majority of copies will be sold on consoles anyway.

I've made no value judgements on the validity of their rage, just made a prediction of the outcome! (But yeah, totally, lol nerds.)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

The EGS filled my email account with a couple dozen "suspicious log in to your epic account!" messages the day I got suckered into their free Subnautica thing and since then I've been getting lots of spam that gets through my provider's filters so I'll see you all whenever the game comes out on a non-Tencent platform.

I strongly recommend and urge you to turn on 2-factor auth for all of your accounts. (Cause if you haven't for EGS, I suspect you haven't for other poo poo either.)

And it's not really Tencent, it's hackers really being into Fortnite accounts. (As well as Battle.net and other store accounts.)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

It's a union thing, apparently. You either cast all-union or all-non-union. And if that's true, Tiny Tina, Fiona and Gortys are also going to be recast. Actually, probably everyone will.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I haven't heard anything about Anthony Burch. Are we sure we aren't confusing him for Joss Whedon?

Then again, in this hellworld it is hard to keep track of who is terrible.

He hasn't actually done anything objectionable, as far as I know. He was just kinda... cringe on Twitter until he deleted the account.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I mean, while his fellow twitter wokes turning on him is kinda amusing, it wouldn't exactly mean a lot even if it wasn't, as far as I can tell, a single person throwing dirt with no actual claims, much less evidence - especially given how poo poo the rest of that person's feed is.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Prometheus or something like that?

https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Promethea

Sounds like we'll be visiting.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

forgot to mention

gonna buy it on the epic games store :smug:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Pylons posted:

It's fairly likely that it will use the framework for Fortnite that Epic is releasing to developers later this year to enable cross-platform multiplayer.

That'd actually be a hefty EGS advantage.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Well, Ashly Burch is apparently back, so there's that at least.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Andrigaar posted:

If you don't have someone to shoot the poo poo with, don't bother. Even then you shouldn't bother.
:hfive:

Yeah, I've tried it with a friend I've beat all of BL2 with and after a few hours I just... didn't want to play it anymore.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Should Your Boyfriend Play Borderlands?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEF9ak24z8s

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The character only has a single special ability, as far as I can tell. Bleh.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's proper starting, apparently.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Live-action Lilith looks like she's suffering extreme indigestion.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is it the same Lilith from BL2 after Jack gets her? She looked like she was trying to squeeze one out there as well.

Yeah.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I can't watch the stream at work - is there any running commentary summing up the notable points and new features somewhere?

How does the combat look? Does it seem like it's polished over BL2, and did they majorly change any systems? I like BL games but I'm really ready for one that doesn't lean heavily on the second wind system.

There will probably be a list after the stream, on /r/borderlands or some site. I'm too lazy to write anything up, but it looks good.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
A small piece of trivia:

Been listening to Penn Jillette's (you know, the magician) podcast and he had a fellow magician by the name of Handsome Jack on. (He's a veteran pro apparently, you can watch him do his thing on Penn and Teller's Fool Us, for example.) And they at one point actually casually mention good old Randy in a "and after the show we were hanging out with him" sort of way. So, like, there's no way the BL Handsome Jack isn't actually named after this guy in some fashion, right?

On a different note, something that will surely come in handy to you salty neckbeards, the BL3 Cosplay Guides are out.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 9, 2019

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Its Coke posted:

Do you need to play any Borderlands games before Tales from the Borderlands?

I don't think you technically have to play BL2 to be able to enjoy TftB, but I'd say you should. Find a friend to co-op it with.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Chris Hardwick is a rapist

Even she didn't claim he's a rapist, just that he's an 'emotional abuser'.

And, tbh, I followed the whole poo poo storm from the start and the impression I developed at the end was - they had a relationship that wasn't working well, she slept with someone else in the relationship's twilight period, he broke up with her and she just couldn't take being broken up with, so a lot of rationalization and context readjustment happened.

Like, for example, here's a claim from her statement that there was an actual third party witness for. She writes:

quote:

Our first convention together, San Diego Comic Con, he instructed me to not leave the hotel room. He went to parties by himself and got a famous actress’s number with intention to date her at the same time as me.

The woman who was their con-assigned handler and with them the whole evening in question actually wrote about this, saying that what happened was a) he left them for an hour or two saying he got invited for like a business lunch type thing, b) came back forty-ish minutes later saying he misunderstood the person who invited him (said actress, who he never then dated ) and it was just a small party with no business stuff happening, so he left to come back to them and c) he hung out with the GF and her for the rest of the evening.

And the whole thing is like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Donovan Trip posted:

Haha the Calypso twins are evil YouTubers because Randy Pitchford is a stink eyed little bitch over Jim Sterling.

They're too hot to be a Jim Sterling (or any other game review Youtuber) satire, tbh.