Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The new raid boss is soloable with effort, took a while with my setup just because of the amount of HP being dealt with. Got some interesting loot though - The Company Man artifact gives 3 pretty substantial boosts to weapons from a given manufacturer, seems good, especially on Moze.

Also got to the Black Market machine, it seems to have a random spread of Breath of the Dying, Kyb's Worth (Wotan takedown drop) and the Redline (unique spawn drop, pretty rare) so seems worth keeping an eye on. Remains to be seen if they will carry event items or DLC stuff. Should be noted that you can't save scum it, when you come back from a reload it's gone.. Don't know what condition triggers that, I would think you have to interact with it rather than just load the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Some big-ish updates, an event just started where each week one of the trials has their boss buffed to supposedly raid boss levels and extra dedicated drops. Don't think I've done them all so will give it a look. Also Cartels returns at the back end of June as Revengance of Revenge of the Cartels, suggesting it won't be exactly the same, so rumours are going around about new gear and it being raised to raid level.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

Have they fixed the loot yet?

You mean the rates? I think so, quietly.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1402266402195750918?s=19

The Borderlands and Gearbox feeds are indicating an announcement in a couple of days. Some people have picked at the new website and found references to "Wonderlands", and taken with the apparent reference to DnD allignment some think it's a Bunkers and Badasses spinoff or other fantasy derevision of Borderlands.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Narrative always seems a lot better where it's not an galaxy wide existential crisis like the DLCs. They have a good setting for capering.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Surprised they increased the level cap, not sure what that allows us to do offhand but might be fun to play around. Kind of assumed I wouldn't be doing much farming, guess I'll see how I feel, at least we have anoint rerolls and access to mad Eridium now.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Freddie does have a bug, or at least a quirk, that he respawns just from you fast traveling back down the hall.

I believe world drops got tweaked down at some point, but dedicated drops should be the same.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2021-08-05-borderlands-3-update-hotfixes-aug-5/

New patch has the new Vault Card in it, so a few new bits of gear with a bunch of cosmetics. An artifact that massively (100000%) increases legendary world drop chance as a kill skill, new grenade whose function is unclear, Hyperion SMG that changed element based on the target which sounds good, and another hyperion SMG that seems to be based on some Jack mechanics from TPS, where kills drop more case and you get improved fire rate and mag size on cash pickup.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Listerine posted:

And more bank space!

And apparently less of the jump puzzle bullshit in the Eridian Takedown!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Lemme tag that for you, minimise the clicks to some BABY METAL.

Looks pretty decent, probably a bigger add-on than. TPS was to BL2 as you won't be able to use as many assets. It seems like it's Tina playing with some new characters so hopefully the narrative won't be as weirdly executed as TPS.

But overall, looks like more of that thing we like.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

victrix posted:

I like the part where you shoot and the part where you loot

Hope the prospect of swords doesn't repel you.

Killer6 did a good vid on some details you might have missed, I'd been wondering if there would be melee weapons but didn't spot swords in a loot-splosion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQH1dPSL1lI

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

For BL3's 2 year anniversary they put out Shift codes for new cosmetics and a diamond key that works even if you don't have DLC5.

Cosmetics: KH5J3-9BSSS-K6WF9-RT3BB-FTBCJ
Diamond key: CHC3J-TCHSZ-5XCXH-FTTJJ-JZ55S

Plus they're running another mini-event for 48 hours with extra loot enemy spawns, and have added the Bekah to the boss loot pool (but didn't specify which boss).

The Diamond key expires on September 27 though I don't think the cosmetic one has any expiration date.

Maurice's machine is also selling items for zero cost until Thursday. Its loot pool is the Handsome Jackhammer, Sledge's Shotgun and King's/Queen's Call this week. To reach it for this week's location, fast travel to The Forgotten Basilica and then go backwards into Neon Arterial. Work your way backwards through the map until you see standard vending machines, it should be near those.

Bekah is supposed to be in the loot pool of the "loot" variant enemies, the bullet sponges that run away, which are spawning at increased rate. I killed a few on Jakobs Estate and I've not seen one yet though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

I farmed loot tinks at the start of The Anvil for an hour and only got 1 to drop. Hopefully someone figures out a good spot for them.

If you go to the start of Ambermire and take a right you'll find an area full of Jabbers and loads of the loot version. Think I got that from Moxsy. Found one Bekah so far.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm just looking forward to seeing how much snipers still suck in Wonderlands.

Snipers don't all suck! Some behave like SMGs.

Would have liked a good Hyperion sniper legend though, I play the Company man on Zane and with them no longer doing pistols it would be nice not to be limited to (very good) SMGs and shotguns.

Not even sure snipers are in it, there are bows, and with melee weapons too I wonder (ha!) if types need to be cut. TPS only added lasers, which just got folded into other types in BL3, but this adds at least 2 completely new types. Guess the trailer will probably show.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Listerine posted:

I tried Arms Race for the first time tonight and got curb stomped three times in a row, it was extremely not fun. What am I missing? I know that a bunch of the loot is top tier but is this mode possible solo?

Yeah, a few things you can do:

1. Cheesiest option, turn on Broken Hearts day, the hearts will spawn in Arms Race and drop loads of Wedding Invitations and the event SMG, both good
2. You probably need to relearn how good regular guns are in relation to each other in a way you won't have seen in the early base game. At white rarity Maliwan guns are especially good. I think Jakobs shotguns are good early too, and COV pistols and rifles
3. Look out for the handful of anoints that work in the mode. All the action skill ones are essentially disabled, but bonus damage against enemies at high health, and bonus damage after grenade throw still work
4. Remember to use grenades if you got out of the habit in the main game

I'm probably forgetting a few things but learning what guns to use will help a lot. And sometimes you just get a good legendary early and clean up.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Well if it's free I may as well, seems interesting that it's completely cut out from BL2.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Initial impression is they've done some interesting things to address balance. You get 2 skill points per level and the first "boss" drops Seraph crystals. You do still start with no gear and it's jarring to be so inaccurate.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Devorum posted:

I forgot I pre-ordered Bunkers & Badasses, and it arrived as a surprise today. The book is beautiful, and after a quick skim the system actually looks pretty decent. It's streamlined, but also crunchy. There's a ton of Borderlands flavor, and a surprising amount of character customization. There's Archetypes and Classes, which you can mix to get fun stuff like a Siren that's also a gun master or a Commando that's focused on Action Skill usage over gunplay.

It comes with three adventures, which is nice.

I know people in here we're bemoaning it as "useless", but I'm glad they came up with a distinct system instead of beating it into the shape of D&D.

I'd post pics, but I can't get imgur links to work on my phone. I'll get some up tomorrow if folks are interested.

If you're posting in Awful you can "Insert Imgur" from the [BB] menu and do the upload and the insert into the thread in one go, really handy.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Real pity the second expansion was cancelled, because map variety is one of the game's bigger issues.

And the cruise ship/theme park setting sounded great. Claptastic Journey seemed to indicate they were finding their feet too. I think some of it got recycled into the Handsome Jackpot DLC but clearly a bunch of ideas were lost.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

As someone who has just finished a third character in BL3, you just kind of get used to muting the game and hitting skip on every cutscene. It's too bad there's no real way to skip the ingame dialogue bits. Sometimes if the game ticks the checkbox at the start of the dialogue you can exit out to the main menu to skip it, but not all the time.

E: I wanted to like TPS more than I did. I don't remember the story except it was a whole lot of nothing and when I wanted to play the DLC it scaled everything 4 levels above me on normal mode so the basic enemies just obliterated me.

That's too bad, Claptastic Journey is some of the best BL content there is, but if I remember right endgame leveling isn't nearly so trivial as in BL3.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

IGN's or some content out on Wonderlands, including some hands-on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38xZfK05DjA

Confirms spells replace grenades, and work off a cool down .

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuGcr6oqeQ

It looks like instead of the traditional splash screens for bosses it cuts to Tina displaying their character sheet/bestiary page from the manual.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

IGN's review is up. Sorta? It showed up on my YT recommendations but came up as private when I clicked the link, maybe it's under embargo? I seemed to circumvent it by searching the unique part of the URL in Google, or maybe it just wont affect you lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtkTb-CFVcI

If you can't see it, they gave it 8

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Think Brr-zerker is a safe bet for me as I like Cryo builds. I think the game becomes available in an hour here on EGS but I think that's just when I can download an install. Probably won't get past character creation before bed.

Edit: it's actually 11pm tomorrow UK, I expect for the download, they shouldn't say the 24th!

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 24, 2022

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Are anointments gone?

There's "enchantments" or something, something comparable but not as overpowered/essential as those.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Getting near the end, feeling like an idiot for not recognizing the voice of The Note Taker

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh hey pretty much my exact build was cool (heh) enough to get made by a youtuber. Neato!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQxtS_Q1G8

Respeced into something like this at endgame but got thinking about the Brr-zerker Dreadwind ability and how that presumably would work similarly, then saw Moxsy put up something along those lines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_EMJo47Lp4&t=511s

Might play around without Wrath of Nature and more investment in Zerker's tree but it's good so far. You can put a bunch more equipment-based enhancements into Dreadwind over Blizzard

Edit: We should probably change the name of the thread, right?

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 6, 2022

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Just a heads up, Wonderland's Loot Luck and drop system is different from BL3's, it seems Loot Luck impacts both the global Legendary drop rate (I think BL3's only affected white-to-purples?) and probably more significantly it also impacts dedicated loot drops. Explains why folks thought the Liquid Cool's rate was bugged, probably the first thing they farmed as it's so good for multiple popular builds and in isolation. So besides wanting to ratchet up the Chaos levels, probably want to go hunting for those dice. Brighthoof's seem to be well hidden, after a concerted effort I'm at 9/20 without using a guide.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

A good gun can make Chaos Chamber bosses much more manageable (for me, the Rogue Imp and a frost Swordsplosion have been godsends, although other builds may prefer other weapons), and if you're having trouble getting your hands on a good gun, there's always multiplayer.

I've been running a vanilla Swordsplosion on my Brr-zerker but a Cryo one would definitely be a huge upgrade. No matter how many gems I feed the bunny I only get plain ones though. I need something for when the Liquid Cooling is empty!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

humpthewind posted:

I got a cryo Swordsplosion and its been awesome. Didn't know it was so sought after.

Mine is better than my volatile ones on my Brr-zerker, I think besides working well with a popular class it synergizes well as frozen targets take more explosive damage. I think the most popular kinds are cryo and the x3 pellet version.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

DaveKap posted:

It's the worst start in all of Borderlands, honestly. It picks up when you leave Pandora because you never have to see Vaughn again (mostly) and you get one of the best ambient HUB songs in video gaming... but it takes a while to get there. You may want to just search around for a save game that's at the end of Pandora and watch the start of a "BL3 the movie" youtube video to catch up on plot, which barely matters really.

I think the first couple of DLCs let you skip to leaving Pandora, unless that's conditional on you having a save at that point.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Nuclear actually does more damage to shields than regular damage. It's armour that it's worse against.

Nuclear is diet shock, frost is diet corrosive.

They both suffer less resistance from the other health types though, overall I'd say they a better for general use than shock and corrosive

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

BL3 Season Pass bundle is 67% off on EGS so seems like a good time to get on that if anyone was putting it off.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

I got to Chaos 1 and I can't beat the Chaos Chamber task to increase it to 2, am I just lovely at this game or is there some trick I need to know to advance this?

For the ones to increase level I usually just take the easier curse in the first from and avoid Dragonlord rooms, always take Buttstalion room and don't upgrade any room difficulty.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Borderlands 2 and Pre Sequel both just updated on Steam, don't know why yet.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I just beat the game on regular and haven't done any of the DLCs.

What's the deal with Mayhem Mode vs True Vault Hunter?? there's a lot of confusing advice about it.

Do I just pump mayhem up as high as i can handle and do the dlc? then restart on TVHM if I want to do the whole story over again?

ah ok, I guess I was thinking you'd have an actual fight!

Pretty sure TVHM is made obsolete by Mayhem? I think only Mayhem 0 is any different.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

I'm on the last few missions of borderlands 2 NVHM with a lvl 34 gunzerker and the enemies have completely outscaled me. From Arid Nexus onwards I started getting downed in a second whenever I'm out of cover or flanked and now I'm just completely stuck on the last set of Slaughter quests; a single bullet from a constructor turret takes off about 1k of my total 9k combined shield/health and any big-ish hit like an RPG loader will drop me to the one shot protection from full. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Do the enemies show the same sort of level? Can only think your build might need to be reoptimized or you need better gear. Been a while so I don't remember how I did it, scaling is definitely tougher in BL2 than 3.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think you are all overlooking that Handsome Jack will 100% be a post credits reveal.

Wouldn't hate Reynolds in the role but Nate Fillion would be a slam dunk. I still would wait for it to show up on a streaming service I already have though.

Probably licencing No Rest For The Wicked will be worth a full letter grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

Identify a cast member from borderlands who can compare, I'll wait :rolleyes:

JLC as Taniss might have it in her, but not seeing it here. This being apparently a reworking of BL1 with shifting stuff around to put Tina in seems like a massive handicap, if you're doing you may as well make Jack the villain and find someone to jam all the scenery into their mouths. Plus Roland is barely a character and is at his most interesting in the ground, Krieg isn't exactly going to have much of an arc either, unless he's Tina's dad here. Seems mad not to have Brick and Morty either, two weirdos with chemistry who exacerbate Roland trying to shepherd them into being sensible. And obviously you cast Batista as Brick.