Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
If I'm playing true vault hunter with a view to leveling to max should I do all the missions, or roadrunner to the end and grind in some way in UVHM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I'm enjoying playing as Aurelia, but it'd be nice if she actually had a third tree.

(also its awesome to have glitched weapons as regular drops everywhere)

I heard she's good fun even still, but I'm not a fan of the multiplayer only tree. I guess it's still kind of a good idea but doesn't work to how I play. I think I'll group up for 3, it sounds like the systems address why I don't do that now.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Was actually going to ask after Community patch help after the first hex tool I used seemed unable to edit the exe and the other just broke it. Will see what I can do now.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Aurelia is pretty fragile when she's not one shotting everything. I'm dying a bunch more now that I'm near the end of the story.

I get that the game is ramping up the difficulty, but I just don't like fighting guardians. Not with a character that relies on accuracy anyway.

I'm a bit underleveled, so I'm especially dreading the final boss.

You could farm a current level Fatale? I think that works to a lot of Aurelia builds as a Cryo weapon with boosted crits.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dr.Smasher posted:

I think TVHM playthroughs offer stash access at Claptrap's spot on the iceberg, like right when you start a game.

Theres a safe in there, don't remember if there's a stash but it would make sense.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Mendrian posted:

Right but what I'm getting at is that at no point has a Vault actually made a Vaulthunter rich. This made sense in the first game. Now it begs why the hell anyone would bother.

UNLESS there are or have been other Vaults.

Well we will learn about "the first vault hunter" in BL3, presumably who found the Atlas vault. Plus I think a lot of the hunters value adventure, reputation and a better gun over money. I think Athena is the only one explicitly motivated by it (and was paid for finding it, rather than for what was inside) It may just be a lifestyle that suits deserters on the run, superhumans and freelance sociopaths.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

RVWinkle posted:

I don't think there's much value in dissecting a video game plot but I will say that Salvador's sole motivation is guns. He clearly perceives vault hunting as a means to use and acquire guns.

I think he's also the only Pandora native among the playable characters, so it's not like he travelled for the gig.

And not saying you're totally wrong, but his Wanted poster listed a great many interests.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

So Salvador, Athena and Zayne are all native Pandorans turned Vault Hunters, right? None of the others are actually from the planet.

Oh I guess Zane is yeah, pretty sure Athena is from elsewhere, possibly she doesn't even know where she was born.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

What's the best kind of sniper rifle for Zero? I've used a bunch of Jacobs since the reduced damage never seemed with it on the Maliwan ones I found, maybe shock Hyperion is good? I just good a shock e-tech Vladof that seems cool but very easy to accidentally spend too much ammo on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Pimpernel on Zero.

Ah, did Captain Scarlett already in my TVHM game and out leveled it, and I mostly used a Jacobs outside of Leviathan and some strong shields or big groups.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I dunno if everyone knows this or not, but after you finish the main quest line of the Commander Lilith DLC, Brick has a quest that rewards you with a new Legendary Jakobs Sniper, and it's basically The Trespasser on crack.

And the quest has you fight a guy with a high chance to drop an effervescent sniper.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well the antagonist from the new dlc is a former Dahl commander and Zarpedon was a main antagonist in pre Sequel so they've been making a comeback

Much is made of them originally colonising pandora and abandoning the slave labour there, they've always been credited for it being populated by lawless psychos.

Hate their guns though, why would I want my SMG to fire slower whilst aiming? Actually can have some goodwill for Hyperion for their SMGs and shotguns.

If I understand right, there will no longer be Torgue barrels on Maliwan guns now? There will be a selection of parts for each gun type for each manufacturer, at least for regular drops if I have it right. Always seemed like an aesthetic crapshoot before.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Have a bit of Claptrap sounding weird;

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1146090403990577156?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

Wow Hyperion guns are actually pretty fun on Salvador. After one kick at the start my fire rate and their inverse recoil property, with reload speed buffs minimizing "decay," means big damage right in my crosshairs. What I can't decide is whether to use pistols or shotguns. Somebody else got thoughts? Seems like 2x Hyperion Shotguns will Money Shot better with their just-right 10-round magazines, but pistol accuracy is better and they have a lot of other buffs available and the shotguns seem to reload a bit slowly.

I never found pistols that got me to switch but loved double Hyperion shotguns. Sal being able to extend magazines increases the benefit of the reverse recoil whatever you use.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I'm finding Tediore shotguns and SMG's work really well with Salvador as their core gimmick is centered around reloading and ammo consumption which syncs really well with the Gunzerker skill set

Plus chucking your gun like a grenade never gets old

He's probably the only character I'd ever use Tedior with since he can regen ammo after I accidentally waste all of it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Char posted:

Is it my impression, or is the class design in TPS way better compared to the core classes of BL2 ?
Too bad the whole experience is worse. Is the Claptrap DLC as good as people seem to mention?

I'd say so, Nisha is fantastically designed to encourage the use of single-shot weapons with small magazines, creating a natural and fitting bias to Jacobs guns. Athena has a really fun playstyle with a gratifying payoff to building up any table.

Claptastic is terrific content for sure, though the final boss in ridiculous.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

Yeah, not playing it.

I'm not sure what's being referred to there, unless it's specifically for farming the last DLC boss.

Nighthand posted:

Has there been any word as to whether or not Tales will be back available before 3 comes out?

Nothing concrete, they're trying, that's it.

Does anyone know how Zero's Bore works? I know it's 100% damage for each hit, but is the third hit X3 or x4 the original damage. And if you score a crit on the first target, or its modified for something like weakness or resistance, does the base value or modified one get used on the next hit?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Want to know something funny, Amara's va there was also the announcer for Apex Legends!

I just respec'd Zer0 into melee, drat is it fun. I miss Bore but I have the capstone to chain Deception and it's pretty wild just mercing dorks and getting my life back.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Finally decided to use a save editor during my UVHM play with Zer0, may as well spice up the sloggy bits with cool guns, plus it's interesting to look into. I found myself using a lvl 51 Hyperion slag pistol with bayonet into the high 50s with Zero, never found a good replacement so just leveled it up.

I think I should be able to start a boosted character and then edit it from the base game endgame to TVHM's and save myself a playthrough.

Can you hit level 80 just playing all the content, or would you need to level grind?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my guess is probably dickhead batman type with a heart of gold. i am playing as either him, punch lady, or moze, who i played at e3.

He's a precocious Irishman. I've also realised after not giving the scout/soldier/enforcer classes a second look I'm going to be going straight in with BL3's corresponding class in the operative. I guess Gunner might be closer but I get the impression she's closer to Ber/Gun-zerker.

Also really curious to hear FL4K speak. I watched abunch of Prozd's stuff and can't help think he's going to speak in a mix of voices.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

she is kinda of mix of axton and gunzerker.

kinda want to start as zane but worried he is gonna play as zero who i suck as.

I assume you're thinking of his body double action skill? You can just go shield wall and drone instead. I think he's more midrange than Zero, who plays to either extreme.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Seems weird we're 2 months out and still haven't seen FL4K's trees yet, at least after getting Zane and Amara's together ages ago.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

it's part of their meticulously mapped out marketing campaign, no doubt. they intentionally do events/reveal key information in phases.

I hope we see the intro, with proper title cards and indy rock and maimed skags soon.

How bad is the Sir Hammerlock DLC? I've realised I've been actively avoiding it. Is it bad, or just not as good as Dragon Keep and Torgue's Crater?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Just FYI, etech snipers penetrate witch doctor masks. Might make them worth using even in vanilla (with the patch they're a no brainer, like I've said before).

Does B0re work?

I think I might just Gibbed up some high level characters at this stage to try them out, I made a Maya at 55 at the start of UVHM and she seems much more powerful than Zero.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Christ, I tried Digistruct Peak level 80 Zero melee build with Amigo Sincero, a couple of Conference calls and Love Thumper with Magic Missile and Legendary Ninja and just can't do it. Switch to an 80 Maya with only a Bitch and Legendary Cat mod and just walked it the first couple of levels ( and the second time I did the first one not knowing I had to quit and set it to OP1)

Given how incentivised I am to use SMGs, what's a good secondary weapon type for her? Guess Shotguns might work well with Chain Reaction?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Character trailer, I like what this indicates for characterization of playable characters this time;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GIKVcgbXXM

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I've not cheated a Nozzle yet, only used it as intended, is it used just for the high heal rate? I gather it's very low damage compared to Rubi and the Heart Breaker.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Psychedelicatessen posted:

holy gently caress ECLIPSE is the worst boss and i only need to beat him to get that stupid achievement

At least I can play some NG+ for the Brick and Tina commentary, I hope that returns in BL3

If not for the times when it's unclear if dialogue is present day framing device or was occurring in real time that was cool. I'm thinking of when Mr Torgue gives you a mission, then present-day-on-Sancturary Torgue interjects.

It was fun when Brick and Mordy complain about not getting to use jump pads, or how their story just started with them on a bus. Could see Brick going 9n about how "In my day we had ONE action skill and we were glad for it!"

Good luck with Eclipse, sorry about what happens after you beat it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

RVWinkle posted:

I love it! Brick definitely has a learning disability.

Not only am I sure I didn't invent that, I'm pretty certain there are t-shirts.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Solumin posted:

Not just the heal rate, no. It makes a very effective slag weapon since it's a pistol, and the drunk effect is hilariously effective when combined with other weapons.

I've re-read the wiki page, so it gets a lot of free shots, and the negative aspect of the drink effect only applies in Dragon Keep? And I gather this carries over to Sal's other gun whilst Gunzerking?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Interesting that not only are they building the new vault hunters more as characters more, but Moze and Zane are both set up as loners and specially uninterested in teaming up with anyone. FL4K conceivably will be the same and only wanting the company of his pets, and Amara has been set up as a line brawler. I dig it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think Axton is basically alright too, but fair enough. I think it drew my attention because of the specificity with which Zane and Moze mentioned it whilst the game is set up as built for co op.

Also interesting Moze isn't a Vladov deserter, she did her time and apparently gets to keep the mech.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

AkumaHokoru posted:

I still want mr.tourge as a merc.

I think that would break him since you could never do the depth and breadth of nonsense he reportedly does now (ie suplex a shark in a bolo tie. Was he wearing the tie or the shark? Answer: yes)

I've seen rumours that the justification for Hyperion guns having shields ( which seems crazy as they were already my favourite SMGs and shotguns, unless they managed to make all guns better a Ross the board) is Athena having taken over the company. Which would both be kind of cool but also undermine any kind of underdog story given how many heads of major companies are on the Raider's side. Atlas obviously, Mr Torgue is only a mascot but seems to be able to get what he wants, and we've seen the Jackobs patriarch fighting alongside Hammerlock.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Nisha was definitely a sociopath.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://youtu.be/7M79NdSmhAg

Seems Marcus is driving the bus again. Gameplay looks really strong and I like being able to see your own legs in a FPS. Just the smooth movement and gun handling looks terrific.

And assuming it's not a demo feature, action skills unlock at level 2, which I appreciate.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Amara!

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1158743953509879808?s=19

Very nice music.

So I guess we'll know FL4K's deal Thursday.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Theres clearly a bunch I've not found in Cmdr Lilith as there's definitely a spot where Marcus is supposed to occupy. From the trailer I'm warning up to new Claptrap.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Should have it turn out to be that robot from 2 that you kpet putting into different bodies until at the end of the mission you end up putting it into either a shield or a gun

And then yeet into the nearest vending machine.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm just going to admit my embarrassment that I only recently realised they are going for a Liam Neeson thing with Zane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Clarste posted:

Also I don't know if this is a typo or what but Moze's "Matched Set" skill seems to give a flat +10 max ammo for each gun she has of the same manufacturer... Plus another skill that just gives her a flat +35. Meaning you can give her Jakobs shotguns with 60 ammo clips. This sounds extraordinarily silly and my only fear is that they'll nerf Jakobs firing rate to compensate.

Also I guess clicking that fast for that long could be physically painful.

I think it refers to Iron Bear's weapons since it mentions heat? Otherwise yeah that sounds nuts. Nisha could add 3 to magazines and it broke Luck Cannon and this seems better.

Also; extrapolating from this the initial level cap is 50 and action skills unlock at lvl 2.

Edit: Zane and his clone can add 8 to mags at level 3 so never mind!

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 9, 2019