Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I dunno, I loved Borderlands 2, but announcing the third game now after two Destiny games and two Division games (And Anthem I guess) feels like it is a day late and a buck short. A good part of Borderlands appeal was no one was really doing what it was doing, regardless of if it was actually doing it well. Now, I can’t really work up an emotional response except “Yup that sure looks like Borderlands”.

Hopefully once they release some actual details I will get more excited about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

Also, none of these games mentioned, are good. This genre maybe is not fun.

Vakal posted:

Krieg was the best thing to come out of BL2 and I hope he comes back as a DLC character again.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Krieg should honestly just be ported wholesale into 3. Even if he was DLC again I'd be down to pay up just to hear him scream "GET STYLED UPON" some more.

Kreig was the best drat thing in Borderlands 2 and single(huge)handedly made it worth playing. :colbert:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wait, so you can only get the Remaster for free if you bought the GotY bundle on PC, and everyone else (Assuming the Borderlands 1 in the Handsome Collection is functionally the same) can get hosed?

Feels gross to me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

No, you're supposed to get the remaster regardless of the version of Borderlands 1 you have. Also, the handsome collection never included Borderlands 1.

Huh, for some reason I thought it included all the games. I was mistaken then.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

A lot of people liked improving the drop rates.

Some people liked hacking in perfect versions of weapons without going overboard with cheats because of how impossible they were to get legitimately.

I didn't do it, but I never minded people hacking in better drop rates, and I don't think Gearbox did too, or at least had a lazze faire view about it. I never kept track.

It would be cool if they kept up with that, but if they are doing anything that is remotely always online, I doubt they would.

Also, even though I have Borderlands 1 on PC I am half tempted to get the Remaster on PSPro for 4K and HDR in that artstyle.

EDIT: So, our new Vault Hunters:

Moze: Has a Mech?
Fl4k: Has a Skag pet?
Amarra: Punch Siren
Zane: Obligatory drone guy

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 3, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought you needed to have the GotY pack of Borderlands to get the remaster, which is supposed to be all the DLC?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

big difference in a lot of Borderlands 2 textures between the regular ps4 and pro ps4 with HD patch. clothing, monsters, terrain, posters, weapons upgraded. you can now make out what roland's twitter feed says in lilith's dungeon. i'm impressed gearbox.

e:and I'm saying this as someone with a 1080p screen.

I am interested in the HDR implementation. If it is good, I may be willing to go for the Handsome Collection on ps4.

Heck, at $15 I may go for it anyway.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have to admit I played an hour of BL remaster, then hopped to 2. I don’t think I will look back.

EDIT: Also ended up getting Handsome Collection on PS4 instead of starting up my PC copy with the UHD pack because I have a 4K HDR tv. Borderlands plays surprisingly well on a controller.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 4, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Plug the 4K TV into the PC...

Both PC Borderlands have native support for controllers

If I was smart and good with money I would not be gaming in the first place.

Seriously though, not a bad idea (I only have a 1070 but that can probably work well enough for B2). I would need to get a wireless receiver for the controller and a decently long cable, though.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don’t know where to check, but do we know if Borderlands 3 uses UE4? It feels like adoption isn’t as widespread yet to force current developers to move on from their own in house version of UE3, like Netherrealm.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The whole rebellion thing puts everything over the top.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

BexGu posted:

Burch is a woke male feminist at their finest.

There is a reason the meme "Thank God I'm not Anthony Burch" was a thing for awhile.

I haven't heard anything about Anthony Burch. Are we sure we aren't confusing him for Joss Whedon?

Then again, in this hellworld it is hard to keep track of who is terrible.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 9, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hey, wasn’t there a planet that was referred to in the first Borderlands that was supposed to be an even bigger shithole than Pandora and it was a bit of a running joke that “At least we aren’t on X!” What was the name of it?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am looking at Zero and his Bloodlust tree looks appealing, coming from Mania Krueger. Is he worth trying out?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Donovan Trip posted:

Right? Replaying bl2 I realized that games don't gently caress with flying enemies like this anymore. It's one of the things that dates the game, along with Diablo style skill trees.

Lets be honest, BL up to this point has gotten away with some questionable design decisions because they were the only people doing what they were doing. Between that AND Randy Pitchford being a sleazy, shady gently caress, the fact that they are still playable kinda shows that there is some weird X-Factor to these games that makes them not like much else. That or we are all horrible addicts scratching for a fix, no matter how objectively good it is. Probably some combination of both.

It will be interesting to see how they update BL3 for the here and now.

EDIT: Also holy poo poo Deception is a really loving fun skill and I can't believe I didn't try Zero sooner.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bugsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjFO3jrQcDo

This popped up into my youtube feed yesterday, and I had never seen anything from the non cell shaded version of borderlands so I watched it and found it interesting. Glad they went with that choice as it looks really generic without it.

That reminds me, I remember that they brought in an art dude for a proposal for a different art direction, and he proposed a cell shaded style much like what we currently have.

They said “Thank you for your time”, and went ahead with it anyway without crediting him.

...Gearbox is a trash company and I kinda hate that they do have a hit to prop them up. The fact that I am contributing to them even more so.

Seriously though, did anything ever come out of it that whole thing? I remember there was an article about it somewhere and then nothing.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

The community balance patch also ups drop rates on pretty much everything.

Shame it is busted due to the recent uhd pack. They are working on it or so they say though

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

The mod manager is busted. You can still install it manually.

Would I need to start a new character if I use it?

I have to admit, I had forgotten how much pure crap (white) guns tend to drop and we are living in a post loot 2.0 world.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Randy Pitchford is a scumbag and Gearbox is a shady as hell company: i slep
Epic Game Store: REAL poo poo

Most of ya'll complaining about the EGS will get BL3 and every other exclusive on there, and nothing will change.

EDIT: Not that I am calling myself a paragon of virtue. Just speaking as someone who is already sick to death of the EGS discourse.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 14, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

looking forward to saving the galaxy with the power of magic space cocaine once again

Have they addressed Lilith’s disconcerting addiction to Eridium yet?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
You know, I am totally willing to believe that Handsome Jack was intentionally a dig on Randy Pitchford by the development team, but he hasn't twigged to it at all.

EDIT: Do we know if Gearbox is a crappy place to work at? I know there was drama between the former voice of Claptrap and Randy.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 2, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Mikey Neumann has MS? Shiiiiit.....

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’d call Randy a Carnie Scumbag but I don’t want to offend carnival workers.

Edit: Anyone else want to argue that buying from the Epic Store is the worst thing about Borderlands 3!?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

DancingShade posted:

Thing to remember is Randy is and always has been something of a braying donkey.

This is all a dog and pony show to distract us from the microtransaction topic.

What - were you (yes YOU, you there) about to pre-order BL3 before all this started? Oh my.

Me, an idiot: Randy is a shitlord and Gearbox deserves better.

You, a Galaxy Brain Genius: This is all a false flag to distract from the fact that the game will have...*checks notes*...cosmetic micro transactions, something most big games have.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about the Community Patch: Does it make characters a little bit more durable out of the gate? One thing I always hated in Borderlands is that until you have a good few defensive skills, you are basically screwed if you are suddenly jumped by any decent sized group. I guess it is a consequence of the design being driven towards multiplayer, but it would be nice to be able to play aggressively solo.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The only story you need to know is Memes. So many outdated memes just being shouted CONSTANTLY.

*Blows up bandit*

"Cool Story Bro"

:shepface:

:goonsay:

One thing I wished that happened during a quest is that during the final standoff between the Hodunks and the Zafords, if you wait long enough they would eventually grok that you have been playing both sides and unite to take you out,

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
It’s like he is trying to sabotage his own big game The Producers style.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Right now, Brad Wardell is trying to sue the original creators of Star Control 2 into oblivion for their IP.

Here is their GoFundMe. They go over the situation and they could use the support

https://www.gofundme.com/help-fred-amp-paul-save-the-universe?member=333940

They go into more detail in their blog.

https://www.dogarandkazon.com/

spit on my clit posted:

:pirate: yarr, gently caress randy pitchford

but not the developers that work for him, unless they're shitheads and literal cucks like anthony burch

please tell me i still get to shoot her in her stupid bastard face for being such a terrible character

Now now, I am sure there are plenty of dudes that are perfectly decent that just happen to be into that kink.

and i likely just triggered a horrible new tangent

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 31, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Maybe I am projecting, but the destructoid review reads more like an 8 than a 9. That said, it does praise all the new character classes.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I will say that the USGamer review did reveal something that is real disappointing to me: Once again, they did not bother to balance for solo play. Hopefully, at the very least the early levels aren’t as painful as in the other games but I doubt it.

Also, loot is just as stingy as the other games, apparently. Hope you like picking up a bunch of whites with the occasional green.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, maybe not so much difficult as Annoying To Spend So Much Time In Second Wind

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Cool trailer but was that supposed to have been Tiny Tina? That was...not good.

The female twin strikes me more as talk/game show host but I do not actively watch youtube personalities so I am willing to be out of touch here :corsair:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kaysette posted:

Jack was fine in BL2, I just wish every game after that until BL3 didn’t feature him as well.

Yeah, this.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

cage-free egghead posted:

I really liked that they added ragdoll physics when you stagger an enemy. So many games seem to be moving away from that and just doing static animations. The new Gears of War did this too. Crowbcat did a great video showing how the series has regressed since GOW2.

Yes I agree and *gets hit by tennis ball, flops into impossible positions while twitching through geometry*

*Friend tries to help me up but I go flying into the air because I somehow became weightless too*

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
It certainly feels a bit calculated, like they were aiming at sites that they thought would give good reviews in an effort to create some good buzz. I don't think this is quite a Kane and Lynch 2 situation, though I do wonder about that destructoid review.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Donovan Trip posted:

they're aiming at sites that haven't been critical of randy pitchford

whynotboth.gif

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mokinokaro posted:

Rhys was recasted and I doubt they'd get Laura Bailey if they dumped Troy Baker

EDIT: /\ yeah I noticed that too. It sounds off despite being Ashly Burch still. Bad direction?

Wait that was Ashly Burch? I thought it was a sound alike

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tei posted:

Impressions from the people streaming the game:

Moze seems weak. The ult has a lot of waste time with animations and is not decisive enough. Of course you can't judge a RPG class for a low level, maybe later-on theres something awesome.

Amara seems awesome from second 0. Automatic badas. Again.. you can't judge.

The holograms dude... looked like complicated, more research is neccesary.

I have not seen anyone with Fl4k, but the combat is way too fast for summons/pets in a videogame to get the agro you would need. I don't seems the type of game where you can have your pet tanking everything. Like perhaps Gaige would do with his summon. Here the combat is too fast.

Amara > hologram guy >>> Fl4k , Moze.

For what it is worth Destructoid said that Fl4k and the Hunter tree had some really good solo options.

https://www.destructoid.com/borderlands-3-guide-if-you-re-playing-solo-consider-fl4k-565692.phtml

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
After viewing the video I am between Fl4k and Zane, though admitably I kind of skimmed the later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do we know what time the game unlocks on PC? 12 AM EST?