Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Jerusalem posted:

That one Familiar wanted to bang Guillermo so badly :3:

"You don't even have to do anything..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"I'll take an orgy!"

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
[Nandor Straining] would make a great avatar I feel.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like how Wannabe was in the list of their unknown songs.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Be sure you do some new songs.

Every time I go to a rock concert and the singer says "okay, we're going to take a break from the hits and do some of our new material."

The crowd goes bananas.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Colin Robinson is powerful and real and my friend

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Colin Robinson is powerful and real and my friend

ColinRobinson is inside all of us.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Another one knocked out of the park. Huzzah!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jerusalem posted:

A while back when the show first started Harvey Guillén mentioned in an interview that he was playing Guillermo as gay, and this is the first time I really felt that. Like "it's obvious that you want to sleep with me, but I'm gay and not interested. Unfortunately I was raised in a very religious household and don't feel comfortable telling people I'm gay (or talking about sexuality openly at all really), so I'm just going to pretend to be oblivious to your increasingly obvious advances and passively hope you'll take the hint and leave me alone" is a highly specific experience, but drat is it one I relate to a lot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guillermo, try out the dildos.

Guillermo, how are the dildos?

They're fine, they're dildos.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No, it's the same pillow.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I assumed Kokomo was a reference to the beach boys song? What did I miss there?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Red Oktober posted:

I assumed Kokomo was a reference to the beach boys song? What did I miss there?

Nothing, it was the same song.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The beach boys stole their song word for word

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

"♪ Oh documentary crew, I wanna eat you so bad...... ♪"

Great episode, and I was legit happy that in the end Nandor actually did make the old guy a vampire rather than mindwiping him again, even if only to avoid potentially upsetting Guillermo.

I ran with the assumption that after making a promise to Guillermo that he absolutely would one day turn him into a vampire, even Nandor is smart enough to realize that immediately mindwiping his old familiar and abandoning him for a second time would be a bad look.

I think it's more likely that Nandor turned the old guy on a whim so that he'd be strong enough to lift the coffin lid, then got fed up with him anyways and went to look for Guillermo. Nandor probably forgot his new understanding with Guillermo 10 minutes after their conversation.

I'm a a little late, but one of my favorite little gags from the Jackie Daytona episode was Laszlo's expression of shock and confusion at how Jim got rid of his human alcohol beer, before pulling exactly the same clever ruse a few seconds later.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Jerusalem posted:

"♪ Oh documentary crew, I wanna eat you so bad...... ♪"

Maybe the best gag of the episode was immediately after this is said, the camera shots of the duo become progressively zoomed-in and further away.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Don't think it was intentional, but Laszlo heard Come on Eileen as he was attacking a midnight runner.

Also, when he hears it, he does a spit take with his blood.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Maybe the best gag of the episode was immediately after this is said, the camera shots of the duo become progressively zoomed-in and further away.

gently caress, that's so great.

Swollen Member
Aug 4, 2019

You know you want it...
Every single one of Nadia and Lazlo's songs cracked me up. And I completely missed that Dexys Midnight Runners gag. This show is funny and good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Donnerberg posted:

Yeah, it challenges the suspension of disbelief. Until you watch something like Tiger King, where there's a documentary crew riding in a car with an unrestrained tiger in the front seat.

yeah if vampires were real there would absolutely be people insane enough to seek them out and film them, humans are just like that.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Chairman Capone posted:

Maybe I am misremembering the movie, but I remember in the original novel he very much is. Although browsing Wikipedia now, the familiar basically being the original version of the boy seems to be from the remake movie? Like I said it has been a long time since I've seen either movie so maybe it is also stated in the Swedish original. I do remember Let Me In being a pretty good remake, although at the same time close enough to the original that it's pretty redundant unless someone is adamantly against reading subtitles.

Seconding that the dude was 100% a pedo in the books.

Unrelated, but wow I'm a dumbo, I thought the end of the episode where the old man bats off was just the old man being a vampire the whole time and playing a silly trick on Nandor for the episode. I didn't think for a second that Nandor actually turned him.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Kaedric posted:

Unrelated, but wow I'm a dumbo, I thought the end of the episode where the old man bats off was just the old man being a vampire the whole time and playing a silly trick on Nandor for the episode. I didn't think for a second that Nandor actually turned him.

That's what I thought at first too, but it makes more sense that Nandor did it off screen to appease Guillermo for a funny bait and switch gag, since the viewer was expecting him getting abandoned again.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm a little sad they missed the opportunity to have Lazlo mention his song "Here's to you, Colin Robinson"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's what I thought at first too, but it makes more sense that Nandor did it off screen to appease Guillermo for a funny bait and switch gag, since the viewer was expecting him getting abandoned again.

I think it makes more sense that Nandor turned him because he isn't just a comical jerk and the show has genuine heart

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Senor Tron posted:

I'm a little sad they missed the opportunity to have Lazlo mention his song "Here's to you, Colin Robinson"

And here's to you, Colin Robinson
God I hate you more than you will know
Whoa, whoa, whoa
Go away, please, Colin Robinson
This house is a much worse place when you stay
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

He didn't do it to appease Guillermo, it was because he committed to following through on his promise to Guillermo, and to do that honestly he would have to follow through on his promise to the old guy. Nandor is growing.

Though it was really to show the audience that he will eventually follow through on his promise to Guillermo. Even if it's a long, long, long time from now.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea Guillermo not putting a deadline on it surprised me

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

And here's to you, Colin Robinson
God I hate you more than you will know
Whoa, whoa, whoa
Go away, please, Colin Robinson
This house is a much worse place when you stay
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Beautiful.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

precision posted:

I think it makes more sense that Nandor turned him because he isn't just a comical jerk and the show has genuine heart

Absolutely. The crazy theories goons are able to come up with always surprises me.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Every expression by Colin Robinson during the show was golden lmao

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I was going to say, place of sad hookups? She was a cutie, and as much as I love Guillermo, he's just such a schlub. He's kinda like a chubby version of Cyril Figgus from Archer, basically just a long-suffering doormat for the vampires (although he is well on his way to growing a spine, thank God).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kaincypher posted:

I was going to say, place of sad hookups? She was a cutie, and as much as I love Guillermo, he's just such a schlub. He's kinda like a chubby version of Cyril Figgus from Archer, basically just a long-suffering doormat for the vampires (although he is well on his way to growing a spine, thank God).

She was cute, but he's gay, that's why he was so annoyed by the whole situation.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Why did Laszlo have tape across his face when he was at the open mic?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shitenshi posted:

Why did Laszlo have tape across his face when he was at the open mic?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Oh no it's you, Colin Robinson,
I dislike you more than you could know
Whoah whoah whoah
Why are you here, Colin Robinson,
I really wish that you would go away
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our sake
We'd like to help you choose to feed elsewhere
Look around you all you see are soporific eyes
Stroll around the grounds, there's no rush to come home

Oh no it's you, Colin Robinson,
Whoah whoah whoah
Why are you here, Colin Robinson,
I really wish that you would go away
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey

Hide you in the hiding place where no one ever goes
Underneath the stairs there with your laptops
Microdosing on opinions on the internet
Most of all I hope you aren't promoted soon

Koo-koo-ka-choo, Colin Robinson,
Whoah whoah whoah
You really suck, Colin Robinson,
But not the way that vampires are meant to
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Sleeping in my coffin on a Sunday afternoon
Going out to feed on humans late
Sneak about and stalk about and
Get some virgins in
Every day I feel I should relent

Where have you gone, O' Guillermo?
We vampires turn our feebled eyes to you
Woo woo woo
Do you know what, Colin Robinson?
You're one vampire that I'd have him slay
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kaincypher posted:

I was going to say, place of sad hookups? She was a cutie, and as much as I love Guillermo, he's just such a schlub.

As mentioned, Guillermo is gay, but besides that, you do realize that sex is more than just "person cute, therefore make good sex"?

I've known a lot of people of all genders who were cute but known as a "sad hookup" because they were shite in bed or annoying or whatever.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Never know how sad it is just by looking at them.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Unrelated to anything but the thread title makes me giggle every time. Just that long look at the camera afterwards.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

precision posted:

I've known a lot of people of all genders who were cute but known as a "sad hookup" because they were shite in bed or annoying or whatever.

Ha, I heard a rumour years ago that there was a "sad hookup" in my social group but no one would ever tell me who it was. Everyone I hooked up with seemed to be a pretty good lay?? :shrug:

Edit: OH poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Everyone I hooked up with seemed to be a pretty good lay?? :shrug:

Edit: OH poo poo

(awkward smiling at camera intensifies)